Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheap QoL changes, fixes and additions

JohnKable

Theres stuff bothering me since long time about this game, many things get fixed and reworked update after update.
And i must admit that U18+18.5 fixed quite alot of those things.
But there's still plenty of stuff on my "list", but today i want to focus only on stuff that (for me at least) would greatly improve Quality of Life with very little effort for Devs. Hope this will grow with your suggestions and such stuff has enough highlight to be considereded from DE

So here's my list:

- Crosshair customization-
Putting this first 'cause i feel it so bad. Really cant see a reason why we dont have any customization for crosshairs.

-Potato PC love-
I feel this too, for me game runs damn great when solo but have some hard times when in a full squad.
Instead of completely reworking stuff like Mirage's clones or Kohm give us an option "Squad members quality and effects" from Min to High, this would be kinda simple.
Of course one can put everithing to Min and have a similiar effect, but the "min" level on the option I have in mind is even lesser than having everything on min but for teammates only.
Such option would also be interesting for those who keep ranting about Exalted blade spammers.
Also having tooltips on graphic options saying how much enabling/disabling the chosen setting is supposed to improve performance.

-Worst weapons rebalance-
Not talking about a complete rework, but lets be honest, weapon veriety in the game is great but alot is wasted because of joke stats.
I dont mean bringing MR fodders to god tier, just tweaking a bit their numbers and make those weapons decent for those who like their style.
Tweaking numbers shouldnt be such a big work, but let me know if im wrong.

-Make Djinn a real taunt sentinel-
Since Fatal Attraction's latest update works slightly better but definitely is much more crowd control oriented than an actual taunt.
Considering we all lost hope into seeing actual taunt abilities or mods for warframes, at least make this sentinel increase the aggro on his owner in a reliable way (and never again on the sentinel itself )- EDIT: we do have attention draw abilities, but not personal taunt for tanking abilities, hope its more clear now.

-Make syndicates more worthwile-
really easy to max them even with MR 8-10, i have maxed only a couple and then started trading their stuff untill i got every other syndicate mod and weapon in a really short time.
Now its months im just buying key packs i dont need, let us buy also core pack and credit packs. I dont need those either, but it could be very welcome for many (even at an unfair rate like keys)
Coolest thing would be letting us purchase conclave mods available for PVE also, but i know thats not happening.

-Remove the Focus "balls"-
Seriously,dont know the actual name, but that thing is really annoying, distracting and makes no sense. And it doesnt prevent in any way the focus farming on Draco.
Did i already mention that it doesnt make sense?

-Colorblind options-
Im not colorblind, but there are some easy and cheap ways to implement options for the most common color blindnesses (like just swapping a couple of colors)

-----

Those up here are the things that bother me that should be also "easy" to fix, and arent supposed to actually take away time from most relevant stuff.
If you have more things to add please comment, i will add the most interesting in my main post.
Just mind that the rule is "it must be kinda easy and cheap to fix that"-or at least supposed to be

Edited by JohnKable

20 years ago, JohnKable said:

Not talking about a complete rework, but lets be honest, weapon veriety in the game is great but alot is wasted because of joke stats.
I dont mean bringing MR fodders to god tier, just tweaking a bit their numbers and make those weapons decent for those who like their style.
Tweaking numbers shouldnt be such a big work, but let me know if im wrong.

*snerk* The Miter. They're even giving it a deluxe skin, and it is such garbage right now…

21 years ago, JohnKable said:

we all lost hope into seeing actual taunt abilities or mods for warframes

lol? Decoy and Absorb would like to know what you've been smoking.

22 years ago, JohnKable said:

-Make syndicates more worthwile-

Have you gotten all of the large restores and syandanas? If not, you're not done yet :V

Also, Ancient Healer Specters are so worthwhile it’s not even funny.

23 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

-Remove the Focus “balls”-

They uhm. They just added that. This is what DE thinks is good game design. I don’t think they're going away any time soon.

24 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

-Potato PC love-

24 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

-Colorblind options-

Here, have a +1.

Just now, Blaze_Paladin said:

No need to remove the focus balls. It's good for solo focus farm

yep of course it was intended to remove balls and revert the focus gain rate to 5% rate, also the game should be focused on co-op. Screw solo players :P

6 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

yep of course it was intended to remove balls and revert the focus gain rate to 5% rate, also the game should be focused on co-op. Screw solo players :P

Its good if they revert the focus gain but not everyone has good net to Draco or co-op :(

Edited by Blaze_Paladin

14 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

lol? Decoy and Absorb would like to know what you've been smoking.

I  meant taunt abilities for "tanking", we have plenty of CC and distraction abilities, but still nothing close to a regular taunt ability for any frame.

Yep probably absorb is the closest one, but nyx is not a tank frame (dont wanna start a flame about it)

Slimply meant a skill "press X button, draw enemy attention for Y seconds". Edited opening post for more clarity

Oh and about syndicates yes got every restore, spectre, useless mods and whatever. Not syandanas, but my goal is to have useful things :) the issue is not having enough stuff to burn on, but having too few Useful stuff to buy.
Yeh specters are kinda cool, but not actually useful.

Edited by JohnKable

11 minutes ago, JohnKable said:

I  meant taunt abilities for “tanking”, we have plenty of CC and distraction abilities, but still nothing close to a regular taunt ability for any frame.

Yep probably absorb is the closest one, but nyx is not a tank frame (dont wanna start a flame about it)

Slimply meant a skill “press X button, draw enemy attention for Y seconds”

Effigy? :/

Decoy and Absorb definitely draw enemy attention… and more to the point, anything but Hysteria would make a taunt ability counterproductive at some point in enemy scaling.