Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Red Veil and Nazi Germany Theory

(PSN)zmancroz6

The Veil see corruption all around them. They are honour-bound to heal the system through a great and violent purge. No cost too great, no blood too precious.

Change is sudden, violent, and a necessary force to ensure the system can return to a state of balance. Red Veil see themselves as merely the instrument of this change.

This is what the Red Veil is about. This is similar to Nazi Germany's, more specifically Hitler's, plan for the time. Hitler saw "corruption" all around, so he wanted to start his Aryan race. In doing so, he had millions of people murdered because they weren't up to par with what he wanted. This is parallel to them wanting to heal the system through a great and violent purge. Hitler would also sacrifice the thousands of lives of his army in plans that were doomed to fail, but he didn't care. He thought there was no cost too great, no blood too precious. Also the fact that you have to turn in marks, which was the currency in Germany around that time, reinforces this. However, this is just a theory of mine. This could all be a coincidence. I want to know what other people think of my theory, so please leave a reply. :)

More about Hitler

An organisation thats hell-bent on enforcing their rule - to the extent of wiping out dissenting voices - is pretty much a staple of the video game industry. Its a trope called 'A Nazi By Any Other Name'. The Grineer are similarly inspired, with their use of drones that chant propaganda and militaristic leanings. Cleanse, purify, you know the rhetoric. The video game industry takes a lot of cues from Nazi's when designing their bad guys, because the are the quintessential bad guys (though, Zombies have taken all the limelight lately).

I wouldn't bunch then together... Hitler was more of a racist and his reason for starting a genocide is more like in the area of race wars and "unfair" treatment of his nation, whereas the red veil are fighting and brutalizing because of corruption... Corruption=/=racism

Don't mix corruption of blood with corruption of politics, that's a fallacy