The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Framerate drops when hosting online games

LegionNate

So I've been having this problem for a while now. Being that whenever I'm hosting a game for more than just myself, my FPS drop dramatically to 30-40fps, as opposed to my normal 80-100 fps in solo mode. I was wondering if this problem happens with everyone (as in a problem with the game's optimization), or whether it's the fact that I don't have a very powerful CPU. 

I know my GPU is perfectly fine, turning down the settings does nothing to the performance.

Here are my specs:

Athlon X4 860k @ 4.1ghz 

AMD R7 265

8gb of 1866 DDR3 ram

Anyway I was hoping some of you guys with i3s, i5s, and i7s, etc would be able to tell me if you have the same problem. 

I appreciate any and all replies, thanks!

knew i wasnt alone on this! i have noticed the same issue. when hosting a game my FPS is drastically lower. i think i saw in a thread that DE was aware of the issue but that was 3 weeks ago when the inaros update dropped. currently there is no ETA on the fix. even setting the game to laptop mode doesnt prevent you from being host unfortunately. 

i5 here and no fps drops to 30 during heavy action and in a full squad. Not even in Raids. I've limited the fps to 120 and it rarely drops below 90 - including long sessions.

Thought on some missions (eg. interception) I get occasionally these micro fps freezes here and there when bunch of enemies spawn. This is similar as we had when Acolytes were introduced (acolyte thingy was fixed by de).

8 hours ago, carnaga said:

i5 here and no fps drops to 30 during heavy action and in a full squad. Not even in Raids. I've limited the fps to 120 and it rarely drops below 90 - including long sessions.

Thought on some missions (eg. interception) I get occasionally these micro fps freezes here and there when bunch of enemies spawn. This is similar as we had when Acolytes were introduced (acolyte thingy was fixed by de).

I appreciate the reply mate. Upgrading to an i5 4590 in two weeks now.

:D

9 hours ago, o_Nemesis_o said:

I appreciate the reply mate. Upgrading to an i5 4590 in two weeks now.

:D

I'm using i5-4690K @3.50 GHz paired with mediocre 960GTX 4Gb (in manufacturer standards: low end).

The combination is pretty solid regarding warframe. You can even run the game in 4k @ 30-40 fps (even when recording + with overlays) even thought the setup is not meant for 4k gaming at all. So I believe you will be all good when running in 1080p.

1 hour ago, carnaga said:

I'm using i5-4690K @3.50 GHz paired with mediocre 960GTX 4Gb (in manufacturer standards: low end).

The combination is pretty solid regarding warframe. You can even run the game in 4k @ 30-40 fps (even when recording + with overlays) even thought the setup is not meant for 4k gaming at all. So I believe you will be all good when running in 1080p.

Haha, I'm over on PCPartPicker all the time so I know alot about the capabilities of certain graphics cards and such. Unfortunately only other one guy plays Warframe on there, otherwise I'd ask this question over there. :/

Hosting a game consumes a lot of CPU resource in Warframe.

Even on my i7-4790K / GTX 980.

Evolution engine has incredible performance for graphic.

I used to run warframe on my old PC with ATI 7770 and the FPS is pretty good.

However, the peer to peer mechanism of a complex game costs CPU resource definitely.