Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A bunch of questions (Archwing nope, Triggering Natah, Ash/Ash Prime potato dilemma, Should I Heavy Caliber, Should I keep my old Sybaris)

SamuraiPizza

Question

Okay  so hi there.

I have a bunch of questions:

1) After my Archwing ragepost last week, I'm happy to report that I HAVE gotten better, I'm able to handle a lot of Archwing missions solo now. A number of mods that are useful have dropped for me, and I am working on levelling them up. However, I will say this: Archwing levelling is too goddamn slow (except Interception but I keep failing that Uranus Interception mission somehow). Aside from that I do not think I'm enjoying myself. So I've decided that I'm going to do just enough Archwing so I can trigger Natah, and do the Second Dream. Screw the rest of the Archwing Starchart. 

How powerful should my Archwing stuff be so I can do Natah? Level 14 Odonata/Veritux/Imperator with no potatoes good enough? I ask because I'm not able to justify spending a bunch of potatoes on a game type that I do not enjoy. If it is NECESSARY, I'll have no choice of course. Catalysts are incredibly precious. Too many weapons I enjoy that need potatoes. My TIGRIS still doesn't have one, gah.

2) Ash/Ash Prime: So I just got Ash from the One Thousand Cuts event and I'm loving him to bits (no I'm not a bladestorm spammer :P). I LOVE using teleport and using it as a pick-whom-you-want-to-kill-and-f*ck-him-up kinda ability, immensely entertaining.

Again, should I potato him  or wait until I can farm Ash Prime and then potato HIM? How significant is the buff that you get in going from Ash to Ash Prime?  

3) Should I junk my regular Sybaris? Or keep it around for...I dunno...conclave or something? I  LOVE my Dex Sybaris, it's a monster of a weapon. Level 10 and ALREADY stupidly good. If it has some minor disadvantage over the regular (usage in conclave, something of that type) then I'll keep it, else it goes.

4) Heavy Caliber on two LOVELY weapons: The Tiberon and Dex Sybaris. Yay or nay? I have a Tiberon sitting in my foundry waiting to be busted out, should I heavy caliber them?

Thank you folks!

5 answers to this question

1. I believe that you should have a well-equipped archwing, but I can't say anything for sure.

2. If you feel patient enough, you should wait until Ash Prime if you plan to farm for him. Otherwise, potato away. Ash Prime features an increase of armor, which is actually quite significant, an increase of shields by 25, which means redirection will have that much more of an effect since it only grows with base shields, and also a 0.05 increase in sprint speed, which, if you use rush or anything, i guess is noticeable maybe. But not really. But, if you plan to, Ash Prime's probably better to potato later than Ash now.

3. I personally don't bother with conclave, and neither does a large portion of the community, so personally i'd just ditch the old sybaris. I did it too.

4. I've seen people use HC on the DSybaris, but it ends up being if you prefer doing more damage or having more accuracy, same goes with the Tiberon. I've never tried it myself, so i don't know the drawbacks specifically, but if you have an empty slot a R1 HC can't hurt.

1. Uranus/Sharkwing modes seem more like a "take this path to get to the next part"  Level 14 odanta is fine... you really dont ever need to kill in sharkwing

2. Do you want to spend the time to get Ash prime?  or you willing to wait a while?  if you want to get Ash prime, wait.  otherwise potatoe.  I didn't potateo my Nova, Ash, or Nyx.. and just used it for MR foddder until i got the prime version

3. Rank up the Sybaris, keep the Dex.  There are other weapons you can use in conclvae, and it is not worth wasting a slot just because it can be used in conclave

4. The only thing I don't put Hvy Caliber on is bows, and Sniper weapons.  It is just a matter if you want accurate long distance fire.

55 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

How powerful should my Archwing stuff be so I can do Natah? Level 14 Odonata/Veritux/Imperator with no potatoes good enough?

If you have any decent level of skill, you should be able to do it with unranked stuff. The missions are all on Uranus, which means your normal gear will do the heavy lifting.

I would recommend at least leveling one set of gear to 30, though. You never know when DE’ll decide to shove more Archwing down our throats.

59 minutes ago, Legion216 said:

4) Heavy Caliber on two LOVELY weapons: The Tiberon and Dex Sybaris. Yay or nay? I have a Tiberon sitting in my foundry waiting to be busted out, should I heavy caliber them?

I hate burstfire weapons. That said, I've put 6 forma on the Dex Sybaris for no real reason. I've not noticed any accuracy problems from an R8 Heavy Cal. Just uh… don’t try it on the Ogris.

If you've already got forma/potatos on your sybaris, I would keep it. If not, rank it up and sell it for the slot. For heavy cal on Dex Sybaris/Tiberon, its a great bit of extra damage, but kills your accuracy. I personally use them as marksman rifles so I don't use heavy cal at all. Some use them almost like shotguns at close range, which is great for heavy cal.

Thanks for the responses folks!

1) Natah is done! Second Dream is next! Unfortunately though there ARE some Sharkwing fights in The Second Dream. Dang it I'm going to have to spend potatoes on my AW stuff.

2) Probably going to wait for Ash P, you guys have convinced me.

3)The Sybaris is gonna have to go. Sorry, Sybby, your Dex bro is the sex bro. Wait that sounds wrong...

4) Still undecided on heavy cal.

Thanks for the help!