Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help needed for returning player

mkez45634

Question

Hi, fellow Tenno!

I have returned! Since about last summer... and I just realised Glavie Prime got vaulted and it was totally worth more. Oh well on of his elder clanmates gave me most of the Volt Prime parts (I assume he took the Glaive Prime parts, the guy I traded with seemed put out).

So, I just got to mastery rank 5 and got a Rubico BP on login *googles*, uh, that's nice.

I need some good Frames, secondary and melee weapon recommendations. I currently have a Rhino and a Trinity frame (wait did I sell my Excalibur? uh :( ) and all the parts for Nyx and Oberon, with parts for Volt Prime, Banshee, Ember, Valkyr and Vauban.

For primaries, I have Gorgon, Rubico and a Vectis

For Secondaries, I have Twin Gremlins (hate those things) a Tysis (also useless) and an Akbronco Prime BP

For Melee, I have a Heat Sword BP, Ether Daggers (Awesome!), Duel Zoren and a Skana.

Finally, I have a Carrier companion, apparently the Kubrow are better?

What am I asking for? This: what should I do to progress? I struggle to damage the higher enemies and my one void mission i got carried so hard it wasn't even funny.

Oh they changed the maps? urrgh...

Thanks,

Mkez45634

12 answers to this question

33 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

Welcome back Tenno,

Good to see you again. (Sadly I can't say Hi as they've executed "introductions")

Here is a link which may come in very handy to you:

*one wiki trawl later*

Thanks dude, is there anything you would recommend me doing next?

Welcome back Tenno,

In addition to that, the Warframe Reddit is pretty good for welcome back guides and how to get back into the swing of things. Just recently there was also a post on Warframe and Weapon tier list that is use most often. Fancy Spread Sheet here.

Rhino and Trinity should be able to get you pretty far in the missions but your weapons do need some work.  The anniversary items should be a pretty good stop gap while you are waiting for others to craft; in which I would recommend the Tonkor (I still enjoy it).  Also if you don't have the correct mods for some of the frames, they can seem a bit lack-luster.

So play around with the information presented by myself and the others before me.  There is a lot to take in but find a direction you wish to go in and start traveling in that direction.  If something else catches your attention as something you want to do, add it to your list :)

Oh and also look forward to the Second Dream quest line.

Hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

Welcome back Tenno,

In addition to that, the Warframe Reddit is pretty good for welcome back guides and how to get back into the swing of things. Just recently there was also a post on Warframe and Weapon tier list that is use most often. Fancy Spread Sheet here.

Rhino and Trinity should be able to get you pretty far in the missions but your weapons do need some work.  The anniversary items should be a pretty good stop gap while you are waiting for others to craft; in which I would recommend the Tonkor (I still enjoy it).  Also if you don't have the correct mods for some of the frames, they can seem a bit lack-luster.

So play around with the information presented by myself and the others before me.  There is a lot to take in but find a direction you wish to go in and start traveling in that direction.  If something else catches your attention as something you want to do, add it to your list :)

Oh and also look forward to the Second Dream quest line.

Hope this helps!

Thanks dude, I've heard good reviews for the Tonkor, I'll go look up the question line now :) .

Just now, mkez45634 said:

Thanks dude, I've heard good reviews for the Tonkor, I'll go look up the question line now :) .

No problem!

I know it wasn't intentional (and it's impossible to tell) but I'm a female player :)

18 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

No problem!

I know it wasn't intentional (and it's impossible to tell) but I'm a female player :)

*insert gamer girl comment here*

Good luck avoiding testosterone fuelled comments, I will retroactively correct myself to "Thanks Ma'am,".

Also I looked up the tier lists on reddit, so by the second dream quest you are referring to focus right?

8 minutes ago, mkez45634 said:

*insert gamer girl comment here*

Good luck avoiding testosterone fuelled comments, I will retroactively correct myself to "Thanks Ma'am,".

Also I looked up the tier lists on reddit, so by the second dream quest you are referring to focus right?

Haha Ma'am makes me feel like an old biddy :P

I've actually been treated pretty well from the WF community as a whole, and most of the time my gender is ignored.

Yes, Focus was implemented after the Second Dream quest is complete so no need to worry about it until then. As a heads up, to start the Second Dream quest line you will need to complete the Natah one first.

3 hours ago, mkez45634 said:

Tysis (also useless)

Saryn would like a word with you.  Seriously, if you plan on getting her, Tysis is pretty amazing - don't throw it out if she's in your list.  Kubrows are a lot of maintenance and forma to make and keep in tip top shape.  While you're breaking yourself back in, Carrier is probably the better bet.  Welcome back :)

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Cwellann said:

Saryn would like a word with you.  Seriously, if you plan on getting her, Tysis is pretty amazing - don't throw it out if she's in your list.  Kubrows are a lot of maintenance and forma to make and keep in tip top shape.  While you're breaking yourself back in, Carrier is probably the better bet.  Welcome back :)

I'm gonna keep it then, Saryn seems pretty good. On my Rhino at the whole clip barely takes 1/4 of a grineers health away.

30 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

Haha Ma'am makes me feel like an old biddy :P

I've actually been treated pretty well from the WF community as a whole, and most of the time my gender is ignored.

Yes, Focus was implemented after the Second Dream quest is complete so no need to worry about it until then. As a heads up, to start the Second Dream quest line you will need to complete the Natah one first.

Nice to know WF has a good community, what are the requirements to get the Natah quest?

Finally, I need platinum for slots right? Which I can buy or get through trading?

12 minutes ago, mkez45634 said:

what are the requirements to get the Natah quest?

Finally, I need platinum for slots right? Which I can buy or get through trading?

Yes 20 Plat for WF slots and 12 Plat for weapon slots. As you've mentioned, you can get plat through the store on the Warframe website or you can trade some of your rare mods or Prime Parts for it.  To check the price of what you want to sell, most use https://warframe.market/.  On your daily reward login you can get a discount of up to 75% off of platinum purchases (other intervals are 20% and 50%), which makes buying plat with real money a bit of a better investment, if you are willing to wait for the discount.

Also for the Prime parts that don't fetch good prices you can trade them for Ducats on the relays (except Maroo's I believe).  The Wiki has a good list of the exchange rate of Prime parts for ducats (and which ones fetch more if you craft them).

For the Natah quest, all you have to do is head to Uranus (any tile set but non-endless may be your better bet) and listen around for any unusual sounds and follow them to their origin. Make sure you have a codex scanner on hand too (I don't want to spoil anything as it is a good quest line).

11 minutes ago, AnonNyx said:

Yes 20 Plat for WF slots and 12 Plat for weapon slots. As you've mentioned, you can get plat through the store on the Warframe website or you can trade some of your rare mods or Prime Parts for it.  To check the price of what you want to sell, most use https://warframe.market/.  On your daily reward login you can get a discount of up to 75% off of platinum purchases (other intervals are 20% and 50%), which makes buying plat with real money a bit of a better investment, if you are willing to wait for the discount.

Also for the Prime parts that don't fetch good prices you can trade them for Ducats on the relays (except Maroo's I believe).  The Wiki has a good list of the exchange rate of Prime parts for ducats (and which ones fetch more if you craft them).

For the Natah quest, all you have to do is head to Uranus (any tile set but non-endless may be your better bet) and listen around for any unusual sounds and follow them to their origin. Make sure you have a codex scanner on hand too (I don't want to spoil anything as it is a good quest line).

And scan the drone, I stopped reading the wiki at that point, I heard the lotus' identity (*cough*[DE] Rebecca*cough*) is involved.

Prime parts grinding? I'll look for a not dead clan and see if I can get carried or at least get a decent squad.

Wow those crystals decay, and new stuff I need to grind too. Extractors? Are the extractors any good?

7 minutes ago, mkez45634 said:

Prime parts grinding? I'll look for a not dead clan and see if I can get carried or at least get a decent squad.

Wow those crystals decay, and new stuff I need to grind too. Extractors? Are the extractors any good?

Yeah one of the aspects to the game.  I joined in December of 2015 so it seems pretty normal for the void grind.  In most cases you will get the prime parts for ducats when you are trying for those hard to get pieces (Saryn Prime Chassis for example).  Keep an eye out for the aura mods too (obviously keep one for yourself first).  You can sell those for about 9-10 plt each depending on supply being offered.

I would offer you an invite to our clan, but we are a pretty dead 2 person clan at the moment (Fiance and his friends made it back in 2013 or so) so it wouldn't be all that exciting.  With a max frame and Tonkor you should be able to do T1-2 mission solo for the most part.  A group makes it a bit easier for the endless ones as you can push it to 40 mins for another rotation C drop (it goes A, A, B, C at 5, 10, 15, 20 min/wave).  Recruiting you can also look for Key share groups, which generally work pretty well.

Also, don't know if you know, but there is the Orokin Derelict in which you can have the random chance of finding rare mods in some of the canisters.  Generally you will need a group of 4 if you wish to do the vault run portion of it for the chance at the corrupted mods.

Yeah those Argon crystals...when you have a lot of them you don't have anything to build, but when you have somethign to build you con't have any and can't get them to drop.  Another thing to keep an eye on and start building up stock on is the Nitain. They only come from alerts so it's best to start now as a lot of the newer frames and weapons require it as crafting components. 

I can't say too much on extractors to be honest.  I've used them a couple of times but for what they produce vs. their maintenance and time needs I don't find a good trade off. But maybe there is someone else here in the forums who can attest to their usefulness. 

Just take it slow and work towards one thing or you'll have several incomplete things on the go with nothing to show for it.

P.S. Also avoid Kubrows if you don't have the time/credit sink to maintain them for now