The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Frame Concept] Warp, the Space Shifter Frame

(PSN)FennecWF

Warp, the Space-Shifter Frame

Role: Battlefield Control

Bio: A playful Tenno with a girlish heart but a devious mind. Her ability to teleport and make light of physics only further pushed her as one of the most dangerous Tenno, especially with her lack of loyalty to anyone and her free spirit. Her powers swiftly caught the attention of factions that wanted her power for themselves, which she hired herself out as a mercenary for. Some factions would find themselves warped into a wall or half of a locker if they attempted to force her, but she was known to fly under several banners as one of their warriors.

Eventually, things heated up when groups wanted her exclusively. A small war broke out over the rights to her and seeing what she had caused in her lack of loyalty, she gave the Tenno her Warframe schematics and bid farewell, activating her last teleportation to an unknown destination, never to be seen again.

--Abilities--

Floor Shift: Warp changes her gravitational orientation to match a targeted surface within range, allowing her to move along it like a floor. When aimed at an enemy, it turns into a gravity-powered drop kick that gains damage with larger drops. Can be activated mid-air.

Energy Drain: 10/9.5/8/7 /s

Range: 10/15/20/25m

Drop Kick Damage: 10/30/50/70 Impact Damage/Meter

Tunnel Shunt: Warp surrounds herself in a space warping field that redirects all ally and enemy incoming projectiles towards her reticule instantly, retaining their momentum. Does not affect grenades, sustained beams, shockwaves, or melee attacks (obviously). Knockdown and Bleedout will end the skill immediately.

Duration: 4/6/10/12s

+Augment- Vector Push: Ally projectiles entering are launched with greater range and speed upon exit.

Speed Bonus: 5/15/20%

Range Bonus: 10/20/30%

3 Idea A) Negative Space: Warp cuts a chunk of space out from in front of her. While enemies and allies can move through it, enemy projectiles can't. Bullets, rockets, grenades, and lasers will be halted at the negative space, freezing in mid-air. Sustained Beams and shockwaves move through it, however. Once a certain damage threshold or the duration is reached, the negative space will collapse and the trapped projectiles will fire forward again. Allied bullets can fire through the space unimpeded.

Duration: 4/8/10/12s

Damage Threshold: 1000/1500/2500/3000

Size: 3x4 Meters Wide

+Augment- Negative Seive: There is a chance that enemies passing through the Negative Space will be disarmed.

Disarm Chance- 10/25/40%

3 Idea B) Crossfire Field: Warp cuts out space in front of and behind her, forming fields of negative space. Enemy bullets entering one side exit the other field instantly and gain extra damage, becoming able to damage other enemies and reduced damage against allies. Allies can fire through one field to increase the damage of their own bullets as well. Sustained Beams and shockwaves pass through these fields, however.

Duration: 5/8/12/15s

Damage Bonus (Against Enemies): 6/12/18/24%

Damage Reduction (Against Allies): 6/12/18/24%

Warp Jump: Held use plants a beacon. Tapped use causes Warp to cut out all space between her and her destination, ignoring walls, windows, or objects in the way. She drags any enemies unfortunate enough to be in her path as well, causing damage and making them float when they reach the destination. Objects in the path add additional damage. If she Jumps to a wall or ceiling, she will cling for several seconds and can use a quick version of Warp Jump with half cost (with the same range limits) to leap towards her Reticule (this can only be done once and does NOT pass through solid objects, but will pick up enemies), or use Floor Shift to stay on her current plane. If she is out of range of the beacon, the ability cannot activate and once she Jumps, the beacon disappears.

Range: 20/40/60/80m

Damage: 250/400/650/800

Bonus Damage: 10/15/20/30% per Object (Does not count breakable boxes; Bonus damage is added based on Base Damage amount and is not cumulative)

Cling Time: 3/5/7/9s

Edited by (PS4)FennecWF
Added second 3 Power idea

1 minute ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

Warp, the Space-Shifter Frame

Role: Battlefield Control

Bio: A playful Tenno with a girlish heart but a devious mind. Her ability to teleport and make light of physics only further pushed her as one of the most dangerous Tenno, especially with her lack of loyalty to anyone and her free spirit. Her powers swiftly caught the attention of factions that wanted her power for themselves, which she hired herself out as a mercenary for. Some factions would find themselves warped into a wall or half of a locker if they attempted to force her, but she was known to fly under several banners as one of their warriors.

Eventually, things heated up when groups wanted her exclusively. A small war broke out over the rights to her and seeing what she had caused in her lack of loyalty, she gave the Tenno her Warframe schematics and bid farewell, activating her last teleportation to an unknown destination, never to be seen again.

--Abilities--

Floor Shift: Warp changes her gravitational orientation to match a targeted surface within range, allowing her to move along it like a floor. When aimed at an enemy, it turns into a gravity-powered drop kick that gains damage with larger drops.

Energy Drain: 10/9.5/8/7 /s

Range: 10/15/20/25m

Drop Kick Damage: 10/30/50/70 Impact Damage/Meter

Tunnel Shunt: Warp surrounds herself in a space warping field that redirects all ally and enemy incoming projectiles towards her reticule instantly, retaining their momentum Does not affect grenades, sustained beams, shockwaves, or melee attacks (obviously). Knockdown and Bleedout will end the skill immediately.

Duration: 4/6/10/12s

Spatial Cube: Warp cuts out a cube-shaped chunk of space temporarily. While she and allies can walk through it unimpeded, enemies and their projectiles instantly teleport to the other side of the cube, skipping the space inside. Interactive objects cannot be accessed if they are caught within the cube and will be rendered invisible, but items such as health and data cores can be collected if caught inside.

Cube Size (cubed): 3/4/6/8m

Energy Drain:10/12/14/16 /s

Warp Jump: Held use plants a beacon. Tapped use causes Warp to cut out all space between her and her destination, ignoring walls, windows, or objects in the way. She drags any enemies unfortunate enough to be in her path as well, causing damage and making them float when they reach the destination. Objects in the path add additional damage. If she Jumps to a wall or ceiling, she will cling for several seconds and can use a quick version of Warp Jump with half cost (with the same range limits) to leap towards her Reticule (this can only be done once and does NOT pass through solid objects, but will pick up enemies), or use Floor Shift to stay on her current plane. If she is out of range of the beacon, the ability cannot activate and once she Jumps, the beacon disappears.

Range: 20/40/60/80m

Damage: 250/400/650/800

Bonus Damage: 10/15/20/30% per Object (Does not count breakable boxes; Bonus damage is added based on Base Damage amount and is not cumulative)

Cling Time: 3/5/7/9s

Sounds similar to limbo but different in a good way

45 minutes ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

Well, Limbo is like a dimension Shifter? Warp is supposed to be directly interacting with the physical dimension... And using it as her plaything basically, haha.

I know the frame based around manipulating the environment to work to your advantage I remember someone talking manipulation the state his is in I think the name was hardon

Edited by tennorod

1 minute ago, tennorod said:

I know the frame based around manipulation environment to work to your advice I remember someone talking manipulation the state his is in I think the know was hardon

Can I guess English is not your first language? Not being mean, I just read that a few times and that's the only conclusion I can come to because I cannot understand what you wrote.

3 minutes ago, Catacomb said:

Keep using the cube thingy on important consoles and you become a troll master.

It would most likely be the same as Limbo, where important consoles can still be accessed (you can still use core panels or door overrides even when in the Rift)

39 minutes ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

Can I guess English is not your first language? Not being mean, I just read that a few times and that's the only conclusion I can come to because I cannot understand what you wrote.

Ok i see what you mean I meant to say advantage instead of advice 

2 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Female Limbo. Interesting power set. Other than the cube which would be INCREDIBLY overpowered and needs to change in concept a bit- the power set is balanced.

I want this. I want it bad. DE please.

Prior, I'd had a couple of other powers there. I'd had a Swap power similar to Loki's (until I saw Loki's, lol) and another one that caused her projectiles and/or melee to 'blink' directly to a certain target, negating range and even walls/obstacles.

3 hours ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

Prior, I'd had a couple of other powers there. I'd had a Swap power similar to Loki's (until I saw Loki's, lol) and another one that caused her projectiles and/or melee to 'blink' directly to a certain target, negating range and even walls/obstacles.

Definitely prefer what you have listed in the OP- without a doubt.

5 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Definitely prefer what you have listed in the OP- without a doubt.

I'll definitely work on the cube thing, either change or replace it. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them! :3

Edited by (PS4)FennecWF

21 minutes ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

I'll definitely work on the cube thing, either change or replace it. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them! :3

The reason I say that it's OP is because your team could just infinitely sit and camp in it forever- and since projectiles  go through too you could literally just place it on your defense objective or in some corner and go on forever. It's like Limbo's cataclysm but without any of the balancing factors. The concept is cool- it's just the execution that needs work.

As for ideas- just gonna throw this out there for the heck of it. Everyone is ALWAYS going on about wanting a time frame- and I've seen ONE good ability suggested for one that would work well here imo. The general idea was create a wall (I think a cube like yours would be cooler) where time is distorted so that all projectiles fired into it would be stopped in time until it is released- upon which they would all resume their path. I think if you worked with that and turned it into a time + space themed frame (ruling all the domains and all that) that it might work to help you balance this out. Ofc I'm more partial to a purely space-control frame than a time+space frame myself, but Limbo does already control space to a certain extent himself. Anyways that's just an idea, I'm sure you can think of something one way or another.

20 minutes ago, Stratego89 said:

The reason I say that it's OP is because your team could just infinitely sit and camp in it forever- and since projectiles  go through too you could literally just place it on your defense objective or in some corner and go on forever. It's like Limbo's cataclysm but without any of the balancing factors. The concept is cool- it's just the execution that needs work.

As for ideas- just gonna throw this out there for the heck of it. Everyone is ALWAYS going on about wanting a time frame- and I've seen ONE good ability suggested for one that would work well here imo. The general idea was create a wall (I think a cube like yours would be cooler) where time is distorted so that all projectiles fired into it would be stopped in time until it is released- upon which they would all resume their path. I think if you worked with that and turned it into a time + space themed frame (ruling all the domains and all that) that it might work to help you balance this out. Ofc I'm more partial to a purely space-control frame than a time+space frame myself, but Limbo does already control space to a certain extent himself. Anyways that's just an idea, I'm sure you can think of something one way or another.

I could actually probably adapt something like that for this, yeah. I hadn't really considered something along those lines, but it sounds cool! I also did a time frame in another thread of mine, so I have both sides covered somewhat, haha.

5 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

So I adapted that idea into the cube and adjusted some things to make it less broken. Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

So I adapted that idea into the cube and adjusted some things to make it less broken. Thoughts?

Well you adapted the idea in but it's still OP- there still exists the same exact issue I pointed out of "you can just set it down and be done for the rest of the mission forever as long as you have energy". It needs to not make everything inside straight up immortal. Too few enemies have beam/energy weapons for that to be a weakness.

1 hour ago, Stratego89 said:

Well you adapted the idea in but it's still OP- there still exists the same exact issue I pointed out of "you can just set it down and be done for the rest of the mission forever as long as you have energy". It needs to not make everything inside straight up immortal. Too few enemies have beam/energy weapons for that to be a weakness.

Decided to veer from the cube idea and go back to basics. Replaced it totally. It would actually synergize very well with her Tunnel Shunt ability.

10 hours ago, (PS4)FennecWF said:

Decided to veer from the cube idea and go back to basics. Replaced it totally. It would actually synergize very well with her Tunnel Shunt ability.

I very much like the new idea. It's kind of like a volt shield but with a special limitation and function. Is it implied that we are able to fire through it normally or are our projectiles also caught? Also another potential idea that I thought of after seeing this is summoning a wall both in front of AND behind Warp- bullets that enter one side exit the other (enemy bullets) and can then hit other enemies after coming out the other side. As for our bullets, idk how it'd handle them. Just a rough idea that went through my head.

11 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

I very much like the new idea. It's kind of like a volt shield but with a special limitation and function. Is it implied that we are able to fire through it normally or are our projectiles also caught? Also another potential idea that I thought of after seeing this is summoning a wall both in front of AND behind Warp- bullets that enter one side exit the other (enemy bullets) and can then hit other enemies after coming out the other side. As for our bullets, idk how it'd handle them. Just a rough idea that went through my head.

It's definitely got potential, but it feels like an unaimed version of Tunnel Shunt. Could be cool for an augment though!

11 hours ago, Stratego89 said:

Added in a second Power 3 idea based on this. I couldn't decide between the two, so I just put both down for now XD