The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are you happy with Volt's planned Overload rework?

DrBorris

Happy? just, no.

Main problem: Not even Trinity, the top support frame of the game has all her abilities meant to support. Now, the one thing that makes Volt catch up to Exalted Blade or histeria is going to be forcebly shared. Seriously, is this Rework oriented to Volt, or everybody else? Speed is the one thing that puts Volt in par with the good frames, it doesn't even make him stand very well because the power Strength Shocking Speed builds uses too damn many slots.
Before you reader even think of calling me selfish: save it for the day Excalibur, Mesa or some other carry starts droping copies of their main abilities too, so other frames can use them regardless of whether or not they wanted to share.

Electric Shield actually doing electric cc: Finally. I can't shake off the feeling that instead of making it damage from begging, they're putting it on something else and calling it a synergy, but it's still a step forward. My actual concern is, will I still be able to cast shock through the shield? It's something I do very often with far away mobs so they stop walking for 2 seconds while I snipe them, or will shock buff the shields every time I aim at a mob or the other side of it?

Overload, the one thing everybody wanted it not to be, overload itself. Really can't say much till I try it for myself. This could end up as just switching the awful Overload for a different awful overload. So far the main difference seens to concern the damage it'll do because of mob's health. So, it comes down to damage?

No updated animations, overload's cross thingy-animation on its own is a good reason not to use it, it's ridiculous. If Volt bugged and made a T pose during Overload's casting animation, I doubt anyone would even notice it. Then there's running with Speed, which I can only relate to those old B&W Silent comedies with sped up rate.

And my last concern, the passive itself, similar to overload noone can tell much more than speculation, however, on a small note, an passive that deals with numbers and buffs instead of an actual mechanic is already the wrong direction, because like overload, it'll come down to numbers, could as well buff his status and not add a passive and it'd have the same result...

One thing is for sure, it certainly took longer to come up with electric shield's new visual effects, over the tweaks of overload, speed and the passive. Did [DE] even notice that the passive and overload's stationary cast basically suggest opposite gameplay directions?

Edited by Duduminador
enlightenment