Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh boy, help me with the story...?

RiftwalkSniper

Question

So, assassinated vor, we soon found out grineer were using a bio weapon, and the infected returned. And then were looking for arcane codes. But how the hell did vor come back? And are the infected explained later as to what/who they are? I feel so lost in the story right now, and that pains my soul considering I'm a lore nerd.

Edit: I just finished phobos, and I'm MR4, so I'm not that far, I'm going to sedna next. Also, what do you have to to unlock more story missions? Thanks guys!

Edited by RiftwalkSniper

7 answers to this question

So far as we know, Vor is what he is now through the Janus Key he possessed (as in ownership). Past that, we've got very little further information. He certainly needs to be revisted Lore wise.

Infested are the results of a viral agent that mutates its victims into the shambling horrors that pollute the system. They're primarily little more than animals behaviourally but there's certainly something controlling the greater Infested as a whole, which is largely suspected to be some form of Hivemind. Able to deduce what a bomb is and that it's bad, in any event.

For Warframe quests, you'll want to acquire the Limbo Theorum and Hidden Messages quests from the Market. Hidden Messages needs you to get Orokin Ciphers from Derelict Vaults, thus needing Dragon Keys, whilst Limbo Theorum will need you to have finished the Archwing quest. Sands of Inaros can be acquired from Baro Ki Teer on a Relay when he visits, for around 200 Ducats and modest Credit cost (I forget specifics). Once you finish Stolen Dreams, that'll unlock The New Strange, and you'll need to visit Simaris on the top floor of the Relays to initiate it. Doing these quests will get you Limbo, Mirage, Inaros and Chroma and some general lore snippets.

Completing Patient Zero and The Jordas Verdict will similarly unlock access to Mesa and Atlas, though they're a little trickier to initiate.

Once you get to Uranus, you'll eventually run into blue, robotic entities known as Oculysts: Scan them with the Codex/Synthesis Scanner as it unlocks the Natah quest, which is part of the main story as developed and a pre-requisite to Second Dream. Again, to access Uranus, you'll need an Archwing.

As side stuff, once you beat Jackal, you'll unlock the Howl of the Kubrow quest. And not sure what the requisites are, but A Man of Few Words I believe is picked up from Darvo on the Relays after a point.

Hope this all helps.

im not entirely 100% sure but i believe Vor didnt DIE die the first time, but does when you kill him during the tag team with Lech Kril (idk what planet, sorry). Then because of the Janus Key, (The Void Key in his chest)(i think), he gets "revived" as an energy being who trolls Tenno in T4 Void.

and the INFESTED are ancient bio creatures created (I think) by the Orokin (if not them, then it was Grineer). The Grineer revived fossils of them to use in this time, against the Corpus & Tenno. They multiplied exponentially through that Hive thing (hence why there are Hive missions: trying to control their population and spreading).

Most (if not all) of this is explained in the codex through scanning. Im not finished with mine so my knowledge is 2nd hand. You scan using Codex Scanners bought from the market. I know it isnt explained in game very well.

Sorry if my info is wrong or not enough but this is all i have

As a fellow lore nerd game i'll try to help you with a less spoilers as possible.

As for bosses not dying, there's no real story there, I guess you don't finish them off and they survive? the only time a boss came back following lore it was vor getting corrupted by void energy. 

The infestation never get explained in one solid part. what I got so far is that it was a biological weapon created by the Orokin that backfired, somehow the infestation got whiped out, but now the grineer accedentally recreated it. Infested themselves are other enemies (like corpus or grineer) that got infected with the virus, which slowly takes over the body, starting at the place of infection. From one thing it spreads to others, and eventually it can take over entire ships ald turn it into one gaint living thing. It also seems that the infested flesh hardens with age. 

To get lore in warframe you'll have to do a lot, when you go to a relay you can meet cephalon Simaris, who will have little quests where you have to scan enemies with speciel scanners, unlocking pieces of lore. There's also a little statue hidden around all tilesets, and by scanning it you will unlock verses of some poetry about the grineer queens. You'll also have to do all quests, each warframe quest has it's own little piece of lore and then you have the big lore quests. You unlock quests in various ways. 

Probably the most important quests for lore are the cinematic ones and the quests around those. Right now only one cinematic exists, but more are being created. to get that quest and it's prequel you have to go to Uranus, suddenly there will be blue robot-like things, you have to scan them before they see you, and you will get a message from the Lotus about it. this will start the prequel to the cinematic quest, where you learn about the Lotus and who she is, together with the Sentient, another enemy type. After that you'll get The Second Dream, a cinematic quest. The Second Dream explains what Tenno and Warframes are, gives some lore about the Stalker and the Sentient, and unlocks new gameplay features, including an upgraded Stalker.

14 minutes ago, Keyeric said:

im not entirely 100% sure but i believe Vor didnt DIE die the first time, but does when you kill him during the tag team with Lech Kril (idk what planet, sorry). Then because of the Janus Key, (The Void Key in his chest)(i think), he gets "revived" as an energy being who trolls Tenno in T4 Void.

and the INFESTED are ancient bio creatures created (I think) by the Orokin (if not them, then it was Grineer). The Grineer revived fossils of them to use in this time, against the Corpus & Tenno. They multiplied exponentially through that Hive thing (hence why there are Hive missions: trying to control their population and spreading).

Most (if not all) of this is explained in the codex through scanning. Im not finished with mine so my knowledge is 2nd hand. You scan using Codex Scanners bought from the market. I know it isnt explained in game very well.

Sorry if my info is wrong or not enough but this is all i have

What you say is pretty much right, only the grineer didn't exist at the time of the Orokin, or at least not the way they do now.

2 hours ago, icemasterJ said:

What you say is pretty much right, only the grineer didn't exist at the time of the Orokin, or at least not the way they do now.

It seems the grineer were clones used as workers by the Orokin according to some synthesis. They were specifically made to enjoy their work, whatever was at the time. The example given was a mining grineer, who enjoyed his job to the point he liked how good it felt.

There were a few incidents which were probably planned. The clones that responded ''well'' were then used for the next batch and on and on. The Orokin created new grineers with those clones, ones that responded to danger and somewhat liked the battle. Orokin workers were worried with what they were doing, but higher ups answered that they were that desperate.

So far, with what we can deduce, there was a problem and the Orokin needed an army. They were desperate, so they experimented on the worker clones to develop aggressive soldiers that enjoyed the battle. To think they would reach that point, the problem was probably the Sentients. The Sentients adapted to technology and fought back even stronger, the Orokin grew more and more desperate. One of their solutions was the grineer, but not even that was enough, so the war went on and they decided to use the Tenno.

Of course something may have happened in the before or the middle, but tahts what we can gather so far. Going with what Tyl Regor stated, either the subsequent fall of the Orokin empire, or the problems the Sentients caused, led to the Grineer being free.

4 hours ago, LordCasimiro said:

It seems the grineer were clones used as workers by the Orokin according to some synthesis. They were specifically made to enjoy their work, whatever was at the time. The example given was a mining grineer, who enjoyed his job to the point he liked how good it felt.

There were a few incidents which were probably planned. The clones that responded ''well'' were then used for the next batch and on and on. The Orokin created new grineers with those clones, ones that responded to danger and somewhat liked the battle. Orokin workers were worried with what they were doing, but higher ups answered that they were that desperate.

So far, with what we can deduce, there was a problem and the Orokin needed an army. They were desperate, so they experimented on the worker clones to develop aggressive soldiers that enjoyed the battle. To think they would reach that point, the problem was probably the Sentients. The Sentients adapted to technology and fought back even stronger, the Orokin grew more and more desperate. One of their solutions was the grineer, but not even that was enough, so the war went on and they decided to use the Tenno.

Of course something may have happened in the before or the middle, but tahts what we can gather so far. Going with what Tyl Regor stated, either the subsequent fall of the Orokin empire, or the problems the Sentients caused, led to the Grineer being free.

I know they were workers, but they probably looked totally different. Most likely the oroginal grineer looked more human than they do now, back them there were less generations of clones that had passed and the Orokin probably had a better cloning procedure. their armor probably looked more orokin too.

3 hours ago, icemasterJ said:

I know they were workers, but they probably looked totally different. Most likely the oroginal grineer looked more human than they do now, back them there were less generations of clones that had passed and the Orokin probably had a better cloning procedure. their armor probably looked more orokin too.

I think it's actually exaclty because the Orokin started oing this method to them to become more aggressive that the battle-focused grineer became such a mess. They were really desperatee, so they wouldn't need clones that live long enough to begin with since they were going to war.

It's important to notice that, as much as the grineer are messed up, they still are able to deal with their genetic defects. As Lotus pointed out, they are quite good at that. I doubt the cloning process they have is worse thatn the one of the Orokin, but they rather use the cloning process of the grineer-soldier generation of the Orokin. The messed up one that made them like this in the first place