Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Mode

Parker9791

First, i don't know if there is such topic or not.
So please don't flame me. I am just sharing my idea

Suggestion

I think of a mode, where there is only Death.
The story about death mode is about Tenno (players) get rounded by enemies,

No way out, no reinforcement, nothing is there for them but their ally.

Death mode works very simple.
U can play by 1 person or a team of 4.

Main Objective? is to survive as long as possible.

When we spawn out, there will be several battalion or regiment of army waiting for us,
It can be grineers, corpus or infested army.
Level of the mobs will be decided by the level of difficulty of the mission.

What we can do is to fight till the last man, no break is given like the defense mode.
Drop rate is as per normal.
If lose, players will get the mod they collected.
For exp, we will be giving them exp as usual, But for bonus exp, we will cut them to 10-20% instead of normal 100% bonus.

Reason?
To see strong we are,
To set a record, and improve to beat your own record.

Set up a atmosphere,  this could be the fate of the tenno if it is in real life, (we are not gods, we are just a honorable warrior. There where not be a ppl win forever)

Promote teambondship among clan members, or stranger. (i always have this weird feeling where there is code of honor. That why i always treat ppl as true comrades and watch their back.)
To have mods,
Lastly to enjoy the game. To feel the game. To be like a tenno.

I like this idea, basically Endless Defense with one infinite, ever strengthening wave and nothing to defend except your own, squishy body.

EDIT: And maybe a random reward at the end for how long your team survived.

Edited by liavalenth

I like this idea, basically Endless Defense with one infinite, ever strengthening wave and nothing to defend except your own, squishy body.

Hell, I'd do it just for the challenge... XD

But yeah, a reward based on your time would be nice as well.

Yes! I love this idea! But how could you win? You said if you lose you won't get the xp but how do you win? I think that you shouldent have the option to lose, you'l just fight, of course if you'l die at the begining you won't get anything... I really hope this awesome idea will be implemented!

There is no 'win', there is only 'do better'. Of course the 'mission complete' would have to occur after everyone dies, or this would never give anything. Make it so no reward is given for less than 5min, but you keep what you collected no matter what.

Great idea i love the zombie game mode in CoD and the firefight of halo as well as grears of war. This would make a great addition.

maybe call it "Death Row" but allow no revives to be used and have people respawn at the end of a wave

Nah, no respawns, you die you die. You get to watch in Spectator Mode or exit and collect your prize.

I agree with a minimum time limit to collect your first prize, make it the average time takes to get to the end of wave 5 on Xini.

DE can introduce a new enemy that can detect and remove players from stealth with a knock-down. That way 4 Shade'd players don't go in and wait for the whole room to fill then unleash 4 ultimate's at once.

Edited by aucran

Chase: pretty much a persute assassination/sabotage/capture with the tenno trying to prevent the target from fleeing to extraction

I'd rather just have the target in Capture missions run before you've been standing next to them for a couple of seconds. :/

This was what I was looking for in endless defense missions, I hit a point where I just wanted to kill enemies and have them forget about the cryropod. I think this would be a nice game type that would satisfy that survival urge.

I guess the random reward system will be good too.

but i still would like to have the player able to get their mods or materials as per normal if 'lose' the game

Yes! I love this idea! But how could you win? You said if you lose you won't get the xp but how do you win? I think that you shouldent have the option to lose, you'l just fight, of course if you'l die at the begining you won't get anything... I really hope this awesome idea will be implemented!

your anwer:

Sorry , there is no winning. 

What we can do is to fight till the last man, no break is given like the defense mode.

Drop rate is as per normal.

If lose, players will get the mod they collected.

For exp, we will be giving them exp as usual, But for bonus exp, we will cut them to 10-20% instead of normal 100% bonus.

Great idea i love the zombie game mode in CoD and the firefight of halo as well as grears of war. This would make a great addition.

maybe call it "Death Row" but allow no revives to be used and have people respawn at the end of a wave

Well there will be no reviving, if wan revive is depend on ur team to save u. if u play solo, die is die. no revive.

Nah, no respawns, you die you die. You get to watch in Spectator Mode or exit and collect your prize.

I agree with a minimum time limit to collect your first prize, make it the average time takes to get to the end of wave 5 on Xini.

DE can introduce a new enemy that can detect and remove players from stealth with a knock-down. That way 4 Shade'd players don't go in and wait for the whole room to fill then unleash 4 ultimate's at once.

if new enemy, i prefer the enemy to be 'santain' who the infested battled against last time.

Well, then lets see if the ghost can keep up if the enemy is very strong.

no player is perfect.

Well, the funny thing about Ghost is that you can just sit there forever and not touch the controls as long as you stay close to enemies. Imagine waiting for 15 minutes until you are literally lagging your PC to hell with enemies, and use an AOE ability to nuke them all to kingdom come. Then you loot and wait for the next batch of enemies. This mode sounds way too easy to abuse with the Shade sentinel.

This was what I was looking for in endless defense missions, I hit a point where I just wanted to kill enemies and have them forget about the cryropod. I think this would be a nice game type that would satisfy that survival urge.

i desire for that.

So let me get this straight, all you gotta do is to stay alive, no respawns but team mates can revive but then they might die of course, no waves just enmies continusly coming, and reward depends on the amount of time you survived, and of course mod drops and credit drop as well, corect me if i'm wrong, i think this idea is just awesome and i will love to play like this!