Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reducing Affinity Grinding Suggestion and Convergence Solutions

Kai

So right now, people are taking Draco as a problem (while some consider not) but nonetheless, it is certainly a grind spot for people to level their Equipment. My solution doesn't stop the problem but certainly helps it but means of the following:

1. All Arsenal Equipment (Weapons, Warframe, Sentinel/Kubrow, Archwing) can now store excess Affinity once it hits Rank 30.
  2. Equipment now has a faded Forma icon on the top right corner that gradually fills up as it stores more excess Affinity.
  3. Once the Forma icon is full, it will glow gold to denote that once the weapon has been Forma'd, it will automatically start at Rank 30.
  4. This can be done multiple times as the Forma icon will have a multiplier like x2, x3, etc. Denoting that once it has been Forma'd twice or thrice will start at Rank 30.

Why is this a solution? It basically allows players to bring their equipment to ANY missions and gain Affinity as normal.

---

As for Convergence, people seem to complain how it spawns hard or during unnecessary times. So my solution for this one is rather simple. Upon picking up a Convergence, it will not automatically apply to the player but instead store it in their Gear (at the very center of the wheel). This way, players can use it if needed or otherwise, prevents unnecessary problems with Convergence. Do note while the player has a Convergence in their Gear, it will not spawn again until the Convergence has been used.

what does the forma icon have to do with affinity grinding and convergence? All I read is that a little meter pops up and fills up due to affinity... what does this do?

My ideas:

1. Idea 1:
    1. per mission focus cap
    2. no convergence
    3. have focus be generated from more than just killing enemies.
    4. allow lenses to be bought with focus (per school)
  2. Idea 2:
    1. focus is only earned during and from special daily school missions. There is maybe like 4 or 5 per day, per school.
      1. Lenses increases the amount earned as during these missions, but does not affect the amount earned as a reward from these missions.
    2. have focus be generated from more than just killing enemies.
    3. allow lenses to be bought with focus (per school)