Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Boss Shield Recharge Delay

evilkyle24

The current boss shield recharge is ridiculous. Their shield will often recharge fully between the strikes of a slower melee weapon like Orthos, and it makes the Paris worthless against them due to the fact that by the time you get off a second fully charged shot, their shields are back. This is irritating on bosses like Sgt. Nef Anyo, because unless you have an electrical mod on your weapon he will simply cloak and walk away, while his shields recharge fully in about 2 seconds.

This is downright stupid on bosses like Vey Hek, because they cannot be stunned or staggered, their shields will recharge while a single person is reloading, making one person boss fights literally impossible. Add that to Vey's damn near invincible level of health and his ridiculous damage output (he uses his shotgun at long range and clips out 100 shield, but that's another post).

The overall effect is that these bosses have better shields than any Tenno, and the reason is simple: There is no mod to reduce the recharge delay, only to increase its speed. That's a problem. I don't care if my shield recharges 50 a second if it takes 5 seconds to start recharging, I'd gladly trade that for a 15-shield per second with a 1 second delay.

Nef Anyo in particular is made a ridiculous boss by this feature. If you have, say, Dual Ethers with Shocking Touch, this guy is a pushover, often being stunlocked so thoroughly that he doesn't get a single hit off and  barely manages to cloak. However, if you DON'T have a fast weapon with shocking touch, say, Orthos,  he is just annoying and impossible to kill. He does a laughable amount of damage, that sniper rifle takes out 200 shields but he has to charge for 5 seconds and wont shoot for another 20, so he cannot kill you. Worse, his AI doesn't even recognize you at long range, so he just stands there periodically cloaking. You run up and start hitting him with Orthos and he'll just cloak and run before his shield is at 50%, resulting in his shield recharging in two seconds while you're locked in the middle of an animation. This happens with ANY boss programmed to take cover when low on shields. You'll be in the middle of an animation for a hit and they move barely out of reach, resulting in their shield fully recharging.

So please, nerf their recharge delay. It doesn't make the fights harder, just more stupid and longer.

The shield recharge can seem a bit ridiculous... If you play solo and/or are very low leveled. For properly leveled teams, though, they aren't even close to a problem.

Perhaps having the recharge rated lowered while in Solo mode would be a good compromise?

once you level up a bit and get some better mods you wil easilly kill the bosses you listed.

A mod to reduce shield recharge delay would be great. +1

I don't think it is a good idea it  will just take time away from the DE for making better mods or content.

Edited by Quazar123

Just use a dot ability when you are reloading or something to keep up the damage and then continue firing when done reloading.  Keeps shields down and you will have the time to retaliate.  Sorry but since I am now able to solo the bosses, this game requires more strategy than what you think, it might be time to take out some paper, a pencil, and a calculator, and take a look at your weapons and mods on them.  Because in the end, everything can come down to math equations, I have been doing it for years.

The current boss shield recharge is ridiculous. Their shield will often recharge fully between the strikes of a slower melee weapon like Orthos, and it makes the Paris worthless against them due to the fact that by the time you get off a second fully charged shot, their shields are back.

First going against a boss with melee is a something you prob (often) shouldnt do unless you feel derpy and/or are able to take it down with you melee weapon also the Paris is a support weapon, not really meant to take down bosses with (sure with the right mods you can take down bosses too but that applys to almost all weapons).

tl:dr get your self some good mods and use something else than melee and/or paris against Bosses

First going against a boss with melee is a something you prob (often) shouldnt do unless you feel derpy and/or are able to take it down with you melee weapon also the Paris is a support weapon, not really meant to take down bosses with (sure with the right mods you can take down bosses too but that applys to almost all weapons).

tl:dr get your self some good mods and use something else than melee and/or paris against Bosses

Exactly.

The right weapon for the right job. Be sure to use a weapon that can do steady damage but does not have an overly long reload time, and you should be fine.

While they are likely to massacre you, if you can't keep the shield down, then just melee, it will take the shield down pretty effectively and do straight up damage after the shield is down, or you can start shooting once the shield is down.  Most important thing, melee doesn't need to reload or even use ammo.

More to your point though, you are right, the bosses with the crazy shields are very difficult for any non-overleveled solo players, but that was the point.  They planned for teams to do bosses.  They haven't decided to compromise for solo players on those bosses.

If you can't go with someone, or have people join you for those bosses, then you will either have to power up your guns incredibly, or skip them.

Edited by JHarlequin

Just use a dot ability when you are reloading or something to keep up the damage and then continue firing when done reloading.  Keeps shields down and you will have the time to retaliate.  Sorry but since I am now able to solo the bosses, this game requires more strategy than what you think, it might be time to take out some paper, a pencil, and a calculator, and take a look at your weapons and mods on them.  Because in the end, everything can come down to math equations, I have been doing it for years.

Biggest thing is it seems like he's just waay undergeared/lvl'ed/modded.  Join groups, it is after all what the group finder option is there so you can play a coop game... Cooperatively.  Run some other stuff to get some more/better mods, fuse them, and play online with other people.

Biggest thing is it seems like he's just waay undergeared/lvl'ed/modded.  Join groups, it is after all what the group finder option is there so you can play a coop game... Cooperatively.  Run some other stuff to get some more/better mods, fuse them, and play online with other people.

I didn't start to do the bosses solo until I had my first gear at 30.  I took it a step further and went on the wiki, and read up on all the weapons and mods, then took out paper, pencil and my trusty calculator, and found some really good combinations for load-outs.  And with the recent Forma implementation, that potato and forma makes my combinations even more deadly now that I can fit even more mods on.  My best suggestion wait until endgame to try and look boss.

To answer to all of these

Also, cold damage mods - cold damage does 200% damage to shields.

Thank you, I didn't know that. I also do not have a cold damage mod and have had my sights set on one for a while now.

No. You must be new here. They seem strong, wait 2 days and they'll be a joke. Besides, nerfing is almost never the answer to perceived imbalances.

I'm to the fight on Vey Hek (Who's weapon has been nerfed twice). I have crafted Paris, Orthos, Dual Ethers, and Kunai are being fabricated now. The issue I think I'm having is that I'm  a MAG, and at rank 30 my main concerns have been staying alive by making my shield cap ridiculously high to compensate for my lack of health and offensive abilities. Also, Shield Polarize wouldn't work well once I'm out of power.

once you level up a bit and get some better mods you wil easilly kill the bosses you listed.

I don't think it is a good idea it  will just take time away from the DE for making better mods or content.

The only thing I can level up at this point is Orthos. My Paris one shots most enemies now.Had I found some nuerodes despite a week plus of grinding for them, I'd be polarized. Vey Hek is not  an easy boss, he uses a weapon that has been nerfed twice and people are calling for a thrid because it does more damage than Nef Anyo's rifle at mid range. It takes half an hour, tops, to make a new mod once the games bare-bones software is in place.

The Dual Ethers worked quite well against staggerable bosses, stunlocking them easily. Of course, against non-staggerable bosses it was still effective but you'd take damage. Kunai are a good anti boss weapon due to the continuous fire the offer with a large ammo reserve and high damage, and I'm building them now.

Level 30 mag with 700 shields, 75% serration, 45% stormbringer, 15% hellfire paris, my only weak spot is Orthos at this point and I'm working on making it stronger.

So...your just..new yes very new. Don't ask them to make this game even easier to compensate you, this is why nerf threads should be purged with holy fire. 99% of nerf threads I see in games are the result of either ignorance, noobs, or terribads.

If you want, add me as your friend in the game and I can help ya kill some bosses.

But yea, I still think his shield recharge delay is ridiculous.

Still, instead of nerfing him, Id like a mod that can make my shield recharge delay equally as ridiculous :)

evilkyle24 

Keep your eye out for Live Streams, and hope they have another Potato Alert.

One Potato'd weapon will fix this problem for you.

Until then, keep looking for cryo rounds (ice damage to rifle) or add ice dmg to your kunai when they finish cooking.

Also, if you like sniping, consider building a Latron, they are a good compromise for Mid-Far range shooting with good damage, and you can fire much faster than with a Bow.

Its still possible to engage Vey Hek from far enough away that his shot gun cannot hit you consistently enough to break through your shields. The trouble is, with a bow at that distance it would be difficult for you to keep damage on him too. A rifle would be a better choice for that tactic.

Do use Shield Polarize on him when you can though, you shouldn't need Pull or Bullet Attractor or Crush (hopefully you cleared out the room before engaging him) if you are running solo.