Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Trade Platinum after purchase them with a discount?

KaitoGin

Question

My friend recently purchase an amount of platinum after getting a discount. He just started a few days and he wants to give me some of the plat. I heard that a lot of people got their accounts banned just because of the EULA something that i dont really know. Im scared that my acc would get a same problem if i trade with my friend. So can you trade platinum after purchase them with a discount?

12 answers to this question

To answer your original question, yes you are allowed to trade platinum for other items. People do this all the time in the trading section.  If your friend wants to give you platinum then it is up to him to do that. To restate what Stefe says, when platinum doesn't match what DE sees is the big problem.

You shouldn't get into trouble if you are not doing anything mischievous.

4 minutes ago, KaitoGin said:

But i saw a lot of people get banned because the DE think they get a alt acc then hunt for the discount then purchase plat then trade with the primary account.

Sorry for my English, im asian

Sure, but that doesn't sound like the scenario you're describing on your post, though.

He wants to give me about 500 plat. Would it be okay if u just trade with him for some junk prime parts? would it be consider  as the EULA violation like i said before about the alt acc?

And how do the DE know that its my alt acc or not? 

Edited by KaitoGin

Yes, that kind of trade is just fine. My friend for some reason always gets really good fusion cores and I need those so we always trade. I have trade 750 platinum to him one time since we helped each other since high school (which was about 7-8 years ago). Again you won't get into trouble.

On the side note about alternate accounts. I have no clue myself and is probably something you just don't want to think about.

EULA has always mostly covered about hacking, cheating, trolling to major extremes, etc...

Yes, you can trade any platinum that wasn't given to you when you started.

Doesn't matter if you bought it 5% off, or 95% off. It's tradable.

(Only Starter Plat, and Stream Giveaway Plat are untradable. The game won't even give you the option to trade it.)

3 minutes ago, KaitoGin said:

have u ever heard about people got banned from DE about having alt acc and hunting for the 75% discount then trade the plat back to the primary account?

Yes.

But in the few cases I saw, they were actually doing that, and it's easy to check if that's all that's being done with the alt.

On 4/2/2016 at 7:17 PM, Stefe said:

Sure, but that doesn't sound like the scenario you're describing on your post, though.

Unless thats the scenario, and friend = alt account....but thats for DE to deal with, not us.