Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Viral Proc

Yiix

Question

5 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Kaiayi said:

Do grineer even have health though? Because I don't see any red on their defenses... Only yellow.

Yes, the yellow is actually just a health bar. The only difference between yellow vs red is that yellow denotes that the enemy has armor mitigating damage to the health. If you were to run 4x CP or an augment that removes full armor, you'd get the same bar to turn red.

Essentially, the way to think about it is this: Grineer has health, which gains damage resistance due to their armor. Viral proc will reduce their health by half regardless of how much armor they have. So if they have 1000 health and damage resistance of 50% (in other words, they take half damage), they EFFECTIVELY require 2000 points of damage to take down. Viral cuts their health in half, so now they have 500 health, but their damage resistance stays at 50%, which now gives them 1000 points of damage before being taken down.

It still reduces their health but their armor remains the same. However, Because armor in Warframe is a percentage damage reduction, effective health reduction is still the same. So if you proc viral on a grinner with 100 effective health (health/(1 - armor%damagereduction )) then they will now have 50 effective health.

If you want a proc that reduces armor then use corrosive. It reduces enemy armor permanently by 25% of their armor's current value and it stacks. The calculation for how armor effects effective health is much more complicated. The Warframe wiki can explain it better then I if you're interested. Here is a link to the page on armor http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor.

2 hours ago, Boboknight11 said:

It still reduces their health but their armor remains the same. However, Because armor in Warframe is a percentage damage reduction, effective health reduction is still the same. So if you proc viral on a grinner with 100 effective health (health/(1 - armor%damagereduction )) then they will now have 50 effective health.

If you want a proc that reduces armor then use corrosive. It reduces enemy armor permanently by 25% of their armor's current value and it stacks. The calculation for how armor effects effective health is much more complicated. The Warframe wiki can explain it better then I if you're interested. Here is a link to the page on armor http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Armor.

Do grineer even have health though? Because I don't see any red on their defenses... Only yellow.