Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HELP WITH MR 8 TEST

R3s0n

Question

HEY GUYs,

today i qualified for mr8 test 

i attempted to do it i got past the first two platforms it was a piece of cake 

but the last platform was too high and i dont know how to get up there 

can anyone tell me what to do or if u can make a video of u taking the test by going to cephalon simaris

i was using my loki p and soma p

15 answers to this question

There are links to videos of all mastery rank tests on the wiki. You can practice the tests before qualifying for the real thing in Simaris' room at the relay. Its been a while since I've done that test but you can most likely get up there by using jump, crouch, jump while looking straight up (space, C, space) then bullet glide to the platform if you need to (thats how it was done in the video). I forget if you can use abilities or not but if you have zephyr it would make it really easy.

Link for MR 8 test video: 

Spoiler

1 hour ago, RogueD1 said:

I think the main problem is that you dont now how to make "swift jump". Press Jump and while you doing it press W + C + Space

That sounds so confusing.

2 hours ago, R3s0n said:

You should do the Parkour 2.0 tutorial that is in your codex. This requires knowledge about Bullet Jumping (Hold Crouch + press Jump), Gliding (Hold Aim while in the Air) and Wall Jumps (Hold Jump while against a wall, face the direction wanted).

Crouch, then look up to where you want to get to. You want to aim above the platform, like in the shot below.

7OiRlSm.jpg

While still holding down crouch, hit jump. You'll do a huge jump. When you get to the top of your jump, you can either perform another jump to get a bit more height, or hold right click to glide forward.

Take your time and don't rush. There's no time limit I think.

Edited by asop73

On 4/3/2016 at 1:13 PM, asop73 said:

Crouch, then look up to where you want to get to. You want to aim above the platform, like in the shot below.

While still holding down crouch, hit jump. You'll do a huge jump. When you get to the top of your jump, you can either perform another jump to get a bit more height, or hold right click to glide forward.

Take your time and don't rush. There's no time limit I think.

Does it help to stand on the edge of the lower platform facing the upper one? I'm having trouble getting the height for that jump as well, and running out of ideas. Sprint, no sprint, as well as double jump and aim glide (which I've found immediately starts you moving downward, just like mid-air sliding, not want you want when trying to gain height).

Let me tell you it was a massive , MASSIVE Pain in the Butt for me.
Like, Seriously. I thrown my X360 Controller against my wall. Multiple times.
The Only Advice i could give you is Practice.

Go to one of the Relays (like the Kronia Relay on Saturn) and Practice it there.

It would be interesting to try the version of it that was in place when the name for it in the wiki ("Wall Dash Test") was still accurate for the PC build. I could probably do that one, since I do that kind of thing all the time while farming on Saturn missions.

21 minutes ago, K4nzler said:

Let me tell you it was a massive , MASSIVE Pain in the Butt for me.
Like, Seriously. I thrown my X360 Controller against my wall. Multiple times.
The Only Advice i could give you is Practice.

Go to one of the Relays (like the Kronia Relay on Saturn) and Practice it there.

I like how you said it. You were mad and it was a pain, yet you remained sane and knew that it was all about Practice unlike hundreds of Salty players out there.

Keep it up, thumbsup.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:18 AM, Maeglin73 said:

It would be interesting to try the version of it that was in place when the name for it in the wiki ("Wall Dash Test") was still accurate for the PC build. I could probably do that one, since I do that kind of thing all the time while farming on Saturn missions.

Looks like getting as close to that edge as possible was the key, at least in my case. I toggled on sprint for good measure.

56 minutes ago, Maeglin73 said:

Looks like getting as close to that edge as possible was the key, at least in my case. I toggled on sprint for good measure.

For future reference, you could have bullet jumped upwards, as you reached the highest point, hold RMB (gliding) and roll foward, while still gliding.

If you weren't high enough, you could use the double jump then. Gliding gives you more time to think up there.

8 minutes ago, Manyc said:

For future reference, you could have bullet jumped upwards, as you reached the highest point, hold RMB (gliding) and roll foward, while still gliding.

If you weren't high enough, you could use the double jump then. Gliding gives you more time to think up there.

I did try the vertical bullet jump followed by a double jump, and kept missing the platform. Once I started approaching that edge of the lower platform, though, I consistently nailed it. I've never tried gliding after one of those. I might try it in an actual mission, but for now I'm happy just to be past that test.