Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Give Shade A Shotgun

Neuhnee

IDK, an instakill on something that already has a baby Gorgon seems like over kill to me. And it would have made the gun on Shade not seem pointless

Hey, don't nerf my cube bro.

I love that thing.

And Vaporize only works on things that are extremely close (melee range almost) to you. When something gets THAT close to you, you don't normally want it that close and it is usually something lame like a Roller, a Scorpion (I love seeing Scorpions getting zapped. Take that, Beech!), or hordes of those stupid chargers (zapping one and gunning another down gives me a good amount of breathing room to get rid of the rest of them).

And sometimes, Vaporize is the only thing you can use if you're on an Exterminate and something is stuck inside of a wall. Vaporize can go through walls, whereas most of your guns can't, and depending on your Warframe and its level, you might or might not have any powers that will work in that situation.

Vaporize always works, provided you can get close enough.

And Vaporize is not a one-shot kill. It just hurts like hell; I've had my cube Vaporize Stalker for a good chunk of his shields the last time I got attacked by one.

Edited by Xylia

I think the best weapon to give Shade would be the kunais. They would be a stealth weapon and you could make it so shade is innacurate at range. I think giving Shade kunais and Wyrm a shotgun would do a lot to seperate the sentinels and make the choice more interesting. I think Wyrm with radial stun makes sense with a sentinel that can destroy enemies close up and a shotgun would fit that and Shade with kunais would be able to protect you from melee attackers without breaking stealth.

I think the main problem with giving Shade kunai and Wyrm a shotgun is it makes them both mostly useful for close range. I don't think Shade really fits as a sniper because retailiating when attacked doesn't really make sense for a sniper. I think the roles would make more sense if they added more sentinels. You need a long range sniper type and I think the best attack ability for it would be to have it shoot only after you do and have it reset if you haven't fired in a while. they could add a caster sentinel that boosts and regens energy for you. You could use the new weapons too. Make a flamethrower sentinel or one that shoots poison darts and can create gas clouds on enemies. I'm kind of suprised they haven't done a bolt sentinel yet. I would have one of it's abilities be a passive that increases penetration.

My main point is I think the main problem with all the sentinels is they need to be more distinct and fit in more designated roles. I think Ghost has a pistol and Wyrm has a rifle because those were the first two sentinels so they ended up being a bit boring but Dethcube showed sentinels can be more interesting so I think D.E. would be wise to reconsider what both Ghost and Wyrm are meant to do and make them as interesting a choice as Dethcube is.

One of the problems here is that people insist on thinking of Shade as *the stealth bot*. Let's face it, stealth is, at best, a work in progress. It's much better to think of the Shade as the *utility* bot, or the *survivability* bot. His abilities have a definite 'pulling your butt out of the fire' feel. Let's look at his skill set:

Ghost: 'Oh hey, you're surrounded by chargers. Let me turn you invisible so you can recharge your shields or get away'

Guardian: 'Uh oh, your shields are looking a little lite there, lemme just top those off for you'

Regen: 'Woops, I died a little there, no worries'

Revenge: 'Hey that guy over there is shooting at you. Lemme pelt him with cold spaghetti noodles I kept from lunch. There's a %2.5 chance he might slip on one and not shoot at you for a second or two'

One of these things is not like the other. I'm just saying it would be more in line if it went like this

Revenge: 'Oh, you're busy hosing down those nine guys in front of you and didn't notice this one that snuck up behind you? *NUKE* I got him bro. I'm gonna take a little nap now, you got the rest of these jackholes yeah?'

I often use Hek as my primary weapon, and toss all my higher end rifle mods on my sentinel.  When I swap back to rifle though I take my good mods and my sentinel is left with crap.  I know I could level a second set of rifle mods, but I think it would be a great feature to be able to have a sentinel that uses my shotgun mods... so that when I am using a rifle as my primary, I still get the benefit of my shotgun mods on my sentinel.

Obviously the sentinel shouldn't be doing massive damage, but what if the sentinals shotgun was relatively low damage, but had a good knockback of knockdown effect added to it's shots?  Perhaps normal sentinel attacks would knockback, and one of it's mods would be a knockdown for heavy enemies?

Well a laser shotgun could be silent

Assuming lasers are silent, which they don't seem to be in this game, but even if they were... Still doesn't fit an assassin that well... Too inaccurate, too messy. Assassins generally make things quick, quiet, and attack with deadly accuracy, none of which a shotgun is known for.

What kind of stealthy assassin uses a shotgun?

Shotguns make excellent stealth weapons. Especially with the ridiculously tiny magazines they have in this game. (Come on Devs, I'm trying to hold off a Zerg Rush, not go duck hunting)

Sneak up to the target, blast him with high burst damage, disappear before reinforcements show up.

Trash surprises you while you're snooping about? One shot him in the face with your Hek and just be somewhere else when his buddies come to investigate the noise. Somewhere else which is now empty because everyone ran over there to see what that great bang was.