Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Trading Idea

Destoro

I have been playing this game for quite a while now and ive recently taken a good hard look at the trading system in game and ive realized its quite easy to get swindled by another player. I want to keep this short

Here is the basic idea i had for the trading system.

The first part of this idea is an in game market hub that would let you see the prices for individual items with its price fluctuations and its minimum and maximum value. The graphs would work exactly like the stock market

chart_ws_index_dow_20122316843.top.png

the second part of this idea is to be able to "mark" mods, keys, parts, etc. as things you want to sell, once these are marked the system would search for players who are looking for said parts, and depending on the minimum and maximum value of said object on the market they can reach an agreement on its price or exchange said object for another object (not necesarily of equal value).
if possible this system should work world wide to accelerate trading

trading chat and dojo trading

Im well aware that sometimes players dont always want to match with someone randomly and want to give something to their friends or sell stuff in bulk. keeping trade chat and in dojo trading would be ideal, these ideas are so that trade chat is less congested of players and so players can get what they need faster than before

TL;DR

1. catalouge with item prices to not get swindled

2. Automatic seller to buyer matching based on tagged parts or mods

3. keep old system for bulk selling and other stuff

the second part i do agree with and i do see as a possibility happening

However, i dont like the first part with the auction boards, as it feels like an auction house without the actual house. Additionally, the amount of data generated from recording and cataloging every single trade might be very difficult to hold and analyze. Additionally, those random trades that you do to help your friend out by trading an ammo drum for a high level prime part could drive the price down of all items. The warframe economy is purely capitolistic, so the only regulations are really what the players put on.

The main issue i have with it is that more data would need to be created, a new database needs to be made and able to analyze the large amount of data incoming, as well as decipher what the value of each item. 

however, i do think that what you are attempting to do is help out players who have difficultly trading, so I really hope that the trading bazaars become more populous as they are very cool and a great way to actually see the merchandise. No need to travel to other dojos, you either have the item and are ready to trade or not.

Well, as for seeing prices and things, I agree with the above, is a bit ruined by the fact that low level pieces are commonly traded in lace of valuables, so that option is put to rest

as for a catalog and active pricing, possibly link www.warframe.market.com to the game itself for quick references? Would really help out the community in many ways.

auctioning? Bad idea. Just trust me. If you can auction things, once your item gets to a certain price, why wouldn't people just buy it for cheaper?

as for bazaars, we do have that already.... Maybe not specifically what you're talking about..... In the form of Ducats and void traders in the relays.

Is a good idea, I'll push it, but needs some thought

On April 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Cyborg_Wolf said:

Is a good idea, I'll push it, but needs some thought

Its only an idea at this point

a rough sketch 

its not exactly an auction house, i never said that. It may sound like it but its only a matching system linking buyers and sellers automatically 

all feedback is apreciated