Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ok, This Is Really Starting To &!$$ Me Off.

WingsOfGryphin

I am so angry right now that i can't even right a post about it, i keep deleting and rewriting one idea over and over again. 
Anyways, i've been using Lanka on Pluto defense missions and i am having insane problem with freaking other players THAT KEEP JUMPING IN FRONT OF MY CROSSHAIR!

JESUS!

At times like this i want friendly fire to shoot those freaking idiots, i don't have bullets to spare in your freaking backs, just stop running around like babies on caffeine. 

Especially on that huge Corpus defense area, where you basically have to cover just 2 ways and is a perfect spot for sniping, it makes even better that enemies are running towards you so that projectile speed is not big of problem. In that map people run around in those small "hallways" and keep sponging my projectiles, seriously STOP THAT!!

Put a friendly fire (which is overly exaggerated solution and actually a bad idea) or make so that projectiles pass friendly units, which do not benefit from sticking to your allies like Torid for example. 

This actually is an old problem. Have you ever fought a boss where everyone rushed in with their stupid melee attacks so that they cover the boss completely and you don't have a spot to shoot the boss? I have .. too many times to even count. Especially the Infested poodle boss that drops Nyx parts (Frost -> Globe -> everyone melee) 

How is this a personal problem? 
You are wasting bullets because there are people that are jumping in front of the enemies waves, this is serious problem,  less annoying with automatic weapons, but insanely irritating with slow weapons, where every bullet counts. 

Edited by WingsOfGryphin

this game has little room for sniping weapons, for this reason and many others.

beyond that. nobody can read your mind. adjust to the situation. dont just sit there continuously doing something that isnt working and is bothering you.

that seems silly doesnt it?

this game has little room for sniping weapons, for this reason and many others.

beyond that. nobody can read your mind. adjust to the situation. dont just sit there continuously doing something that isnt working and is bothering you.

that seems silly doesnt it?

There is actually big enough rooms for sniping on defense missions. 

Funniest thing is that latest sniper is not even designed to fit for large rooms, at least not with that projectile travel time. 

Yeah guys! In a game that's engine is based on parkour, and where melee is really good you all should sit on your hands at the pod to give all the kills to the snipers. The audacity of some people. Geez.

I like to snipe a lot. I don't have this problem. I've sniped over my team mate's shoulder essentially stealing their kill. Maybe you should just be a better sniper.

I always crouch when in front of players unless im $&*^ing about with friends.

this is quite courteous and a habit developed no doubt in other games- but- shouldn't be expected of randoms.

As previously stated by someone else, OP should change his position (preferably to an elevated one) to adjust to the situation. Even so, it would be nice if friendlies couldn't block bullets- but I can live with it as it is now.

Friendly fire would be abused in this game- perhaps if a 'hardcore mode' were ever implemented it could have this feature- but I don't think it's suitable for the general masses and their often casual gameplay.

I can melee boss with few swings, why not use melee on them? Its faster than shooting and much more fun. I doubt that sniper rifle is efective against bosses and on defence. I have similar problem. I hate when people bring ranged weapons to defence and i have to the hard work with Hek and then run across all map and search for mods dropped by sniped enemies.

What's to stop a troll from griefing people in PUGs by blowing them all away with an Ogris?

OP a simple press of the "A" or "D" key (in other words strafing) would alleviate your frustrations.

=D

Lanka projectile has travel time. 

Let me explain the situation. 

You aim - Shoot with perfect movement prediction of enemies -> bullet starts to fly -> Random ally jumps in front taking the bullet and the enemies -> proceed to punch the wall. 

This is why I have a 'last one behind squad' policy when I'm using my Ogris; just in case someone runs in front of me (even if I'm standing to the side) when I fire a rocket which will surely kill me in a single hit.

It's an expected tradeoff either way.

Edited by DSMK2

It's even worse for Paris/Dread w/ Thunderbolt. Perfect shot lined up? "HI, I'M HELPING" -> 250 Damage to your face when your teammate eats the arrow and TB triggers.

You think that's bad? wait till you have an Ogris, get a shot lined up, charge up your trigger, zoom in and release the button and DERP! someone strafes in front of you that second and you eat a 1 shot kill. (as in you die)

Good snipers knows how to position itself properly so others don't jump in front of their sights. So if you're having problems with that maybe snipers arrent for you. May I suggest clubbing things to death instead?

Edited by CatScratch