Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tenno Hub

Lucienr

From what I've understood of the little lore that makes this game, the Tenno have been sleeping for centuries until they were awoken by Lotus. Considering the tremendous amount of Tenno that are slaughtering about the Sol system these days, I'm guessing they must have some sort of massive housing provided by Lotus.

From a Lotus standpoint, and because Lotus obviously doesn't have enough firepower on its own, the Tenno are a dangerous and uncertain ally. It would be all profit to give them all the comfort they were used to before, as well as some assets. What I'm coming to, is a Tenno hub accessible much like the clan Dojo giving access to a p2p credits market, some training areas, a bit of exploration and perhaps some challenges. There could be a "billbeacon" close to which you'd receive alert missions, a weapon shop (for pretty badges, bullet trail colours perhaps, skins, perhaps alternative skill animations, basically a credit blackhole for aesthetics) and a hall of fame. I'd see this hub take the shape of a cliffside city, or a floating island (for the sake of map limitation).

I will now go into more detail, but you're free to stop reading if the general idea displeases you.

The market would allow trading of mods, weapons, warframes, resources and blueprints. Instead of deleting these against some credits, they could find a new home and bring you some cash. This would not hinder platinum sales, since players with little credits but a creditcard would feel enticed to buy say, an excalibur prime, and sell it for credits on the market. This would allow them to effectively buy a maxed out Hornet Strike for platinum (making platinum more flexible a currency). And it would allow otherwise poor players to trade their freetime's worth of credits for usefull items.

The training areas would be skill training areas, in that they grant no ingame bonus. You could be given a laserpointer and required to aim at moving targets as quickly as possible, getting a score based on reaction time, accuracy, and so on.

Exploration is perhaps the hub's coolest specificity. Besides urban parkour possibilities, and the obvious gym that comes with it, there could be some form of nature surrounding the Tenno hub, possibly a tall, thick stone pilar. The top would take some resourceful climbing to get to, but offer a priceless view. Besides that, you could also set some "x-able" checkpoints at which your height-score would be stored.

By now you must have noticed a pattern in my ideas. They have some sort of scoring to them. Well, besides the pretty Prime frames there is nothing a Tenno can waste time on for the sake of glory. Damn, I want to be recognized for the myriads of crewmen I turned into sponges, for the little time it takes me to go through a Raid mission (okay okay...), and so on. And I want this to translate into neat little details on my warframe, like more energy dots scattered about. I don't know, I leave it up to your imagination, how to reward players for their player skill. This brings me to the hub's challenges, a large tower or underground institute in which you'd be able to attempt to beat a set challenge (difficult non grind type, if possible), which you'd pay for credits, and hope to be rewarded a token, title, or whatever.

Edit: The talk about lore was to justify DE using the Orokin tower art as a composer of this hub.

Edited by Lucienr