Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revamped Dueling

Teadude

Had a thought at work today regarding the current status of dueling. Really, there isn't much to it and I am not talking about the conclave but of the clan dojo dueling.It's pretty simple, 2 frames beat off eachother.

What if, 2 tennos can duel in a gladiator kind of style? Ranked duels where they are limited to either only their melee, primary, different weapon types etc.It'll follow the conclave system although I hav'nt thought much about conclave mods as to whether it will be fair use or not in a duel. Warframe mods could be taken out just like the conclave.

For the arena I could imagine a vast space, maybe with different themes depending on what planet the arena is on i.e sandy arena on phobos, ice/snow/blizzard on europa. The arena can have different obstacles like in the simulacrum depending on what rank you are in the gladiator system, which i will get to on later. Surrounding the arena can be a mass crowd of different people(?) from the relay, maybe some grineer, corpus. Each gladiator match, there will be a betting system but i'm not sure how that will work so i'll just mention that and leave it out for now. Also, different players can spectate the match from the seats around the arena(im not sure what they're called lol).

As for the ranking, each tenno kill will rank you up in the leaderboards, and there will be different tiers where you will fight different players. Fresh meat, middle tier and championships blah blah blah i havn't really come up with names for the tiers but you get what i mean. I'm still thinking on how many  kills are needed to rank up to different tiers so i am open to any suggestions.

There will be no reward system, however, a special sigil, badge or/and even a special syandana can be awarded for each tier, with the highest tier being the most flashiest cause why not. 

There could be an arena entree fee or an arena key bp that must be crafted before entering the gladiator games, but can be only paid or used once, then, you're free to go.

Special decapitation or execution animations can be used when your opponent is defeated i.e when you kill a player, a special animation plays in a cutscene which shows the opponent getting its head cut off by the winning player although that could be abit too gorey and harmful to the lore, so i am thinking of the winning player shaming the defeated opponent by walking over his body or something.

I am open to all suggestions and criticism regarding this topic, however, i will disapprove any cheeky or smart remark which offers no contribution to this topic.

Again, i am open to all suggestions and i will probably update throughout the future depending on the suggestions you guys offer, and after all, this was just a side-thought i had, a very big one too.

Thank you for taking your time reading.

Edited by Teadude

18 minutes ago, ChronoEclipse said:

As long as they don’t touch current dojo dueling, I don’t really care.

If they do touch it, I'll be annoyed lol

Current dojo will be kept the same as the means to spar

I like the idea and could see this as another form of conclave with seasons and ladder rankings with replays in the different relays and hype and etc.

But I have to agree with the notion of leaving the dojo version alone.

This would be a cool add-on though with lots of possibilities imo.