The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe uses 100% of CPU ?!! WTH ?

Anubias

Testing warframe performance with msi afterburner gave some interesting results. It looks like warframe have times when it likes to use 100% of CPU at times sometimes it crashes graphical driver and (in my case) can cause Bluescreen based around graphic card. And just fyi i did not have that problems before U18.5 if its just getting ridiculous at this point... . DE please you promised game optimization when we going to get it ?

What CPU?
Where were the spikes?
What were you doing?

Some simple questions that would actually help DE. The info in the OP is about as useful as me saying i have no such issues.

However, i will state that i have observed maximum utilization(100%) on my CPU when initially booting Warframe. Lasts for less than a second however, and during gameplay overall CPU utilization is quite low.

But as to optimization; Performance for me has been increasing over the year. There were times last year where i could drop to 28-30fps. Now it is rare that i drop that low and at worst i drop to ~40-50 (keeping in mind i would get 100+fps). 

On 8.4.2016 at 6:00 AM, MillbrookWest said:

What CPU?
Where were the spikes?
What were you doing?

Some simple questions that would actually help DE. The info in the OP is about as useful as me saying i have no such issues.

However, i will state that i have observed maximum utilization(100%) on my CPU when initially booting Warframe. Lasts for less than a second however, and during gameplay overall CPU utilization is quite low.

But as to optimization; Performance for me has been increasing over the year. There were times last year where i could drop to 28-30fps. Now it is rare that i drop that low and at worst i drop to ~40-50 (keeping in mind i would get 100+fps). 

Agreed. If you want to report a bug and want it to be fixed, you should provide further information. For myself I don't experience crashes neither bluescreens neither high CPU utilization during gameplay and because of Warframe. And bit more of useful information: Win10, i5-4690K @ 3.50 GHz, nVidia gtx 960 4Gb (364.72 aka Oculus Rift VR drivers), 2xSSD, 16GB.

I think too that the performance has been going to better direction.

However, yesterday I got a bluescreen and massive crash :( Was browsing internet. I narrowed down the problem to one memory module. Luckily it still has warranty of 36 months by the retailer and a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. But this issue is not related to DE neither to Warframe.

Edit: scratch that. My power supply died @ thursday :( Needed to get another one :( Before the old psu went down I got few bluescreens informing about malfunction with a Memory Controller chip. Also the anti-surge protection went off couple times shutting down the system to prevent further damage. With the new psu I tested all memory modules and memory slots in the motherboard - including dual channel capabilities while running memtest several times. Didn't get error messages and system is stable under heavy load. Prolly the broken psu wasn't able to provide the needed power before the initial failure. Today I've been running all sorts of stuff with my computer to make sure the anti-surge protection did it's job and that the old psu didn't damage any other stuff. :(

Edited by carnaga