The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

9 hours ago, OrlockCedar said:

A Volt with Graxx model platting and a Thales model helmet was basically dragged into the main room by several Tenno before they made a run for it. For an old soldier like him, his first destination was the bar. This is General Doren of Fireteam Sigma. Those other Tenno were members of Sigma as well. Many of them discarded Doren's gruff attitude and figured he needed someone who could "loosen him up" in whatever way possible.

Doren would swivel into one of the bar chairs with a sigh as he questioned his life choices before looking around at the other patrons before looking to the others at the bar. He would then order himself something strong. If he was gonna end up leaving alone, at least he got a few good drinks out of the night.  

((I'm afraid you may have dropped into a dead RP thread, mate.  But let's see who turns up...))

At the sound of the drink he'd ordered, Katherine stood up and made her way slowly to bar and slumped into the chair next to him.

"So," she asked, "why are YOU drinking tonight?"

Edited by Yzjdriel

2 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((I'm afraid you may have dropped into a dead RP thread, mate.  But let's see who turns up...))

At the sound of the drink he'd ordered, Katherine stood up and made her way slowly to bar and slumped into the chair next to him.

"So," she asked, "why are YOU drinking tonight?"

(Hey man, only takes one person to necro a dead thread. :P)

Doren would turn his head to look at the person who slipped in next to him. He then lets out a sigh. "If I'm gonna leave here alone, then at least I'll have had a few good drinks." He would give the one that sat next to him a look over. Thanks to his helmet, it was less obvious of such to Katherine.

4 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

(Hey man, only takes one person to necro a dead thread. :P)

Doren would turn his head to look at the person who slipped in next to him. He then lets out a sigh. "If I'm gonna leave here alone, then at least I'll have had a few good drinks." He would give the one that sat next to him a look over. Thanks to his helmet, it was less obvious of such to Katherine.

((Quite so.  XD))

Katherine shrugged and poured herself another glass from the bottle she'd carried over.  If one were to look they would notice that it was nearly empty.  "Sounds fair to me."  Surprisingly, her breath didn't smell of alcohol whatsoever, though it seemed she had indeed drunk the bottle herself.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

((Quite so.  XD))

Katherine shrugged and poured herself another glass from the bottle she'd carried over.  If one were to look they would notice that it was nearly empty.  "Sounds fair to me."  Surprisingly, her breath didn't smell of alcohol whatsoever, though it seemed she had indeed drunk the bottle herself.

Doren would bring his hands up to his helmet and twist it slightly. With a slight hiss, the helmet would come off and he sets it on the counter. He had greying black hair cut short to ancient military standards ( http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/e4/Official_-_Carter.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100827190912 Ref). "Doren." He would offer the woman a small nod as his drink is slid over. 

Just now, OrlockCedar said:

Doren would bring his hands up to his helmet and twist it slightly. With a slight hiss, the helmet would come off and he sets it on the counter. He had greying black hair cut short to ancient military standards ( http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/e/e4/Official_-_Carter.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100827190912 Ref). "Doren." He would offer the woman a small nod as his drink is slid over. 

"Katherine."  She raised her glass for him to clink.

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Katherine."  She raised her glass for him to clink.

Doren would do so, letting the classes make an audible clink. His voice was different once he took his helmet off. It was softer and held some level of accent. "So, what brings you to this lonely side of the bar, Katherine?"

5 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

Doren would do so, letting the classes make an audible clink. His voice was different once he took his helmet off. It was softer and held some level of accent. "So, what brings you to this lonely side of the bar, Katherine?"

"Well, I came in here with the sole intent of waking up with a massive hangover, but I've nearly finished this bottle and I barely feel buzzed.  Must be a Trinity thing." she shrugged.

4 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Well, I came in here with the sole intent of waking up with a massive hangover, but I've nearly finished this bottle and I barely feel buzzed.  Must be a Trinity thing." she shrugged.

"Well I always feel buzzed." The very horrible joke on his own Warframe was very obvious. He would then take a sip of what he had ordered as a drink. "Honestly I thought I was gonna get some kinda mushy love story about how you're here looking for that one Tenno that likes long walks on the beach."

8 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Well I always feel buzzed." The very horrible joke on his own Warframe was very obvious. He would then take a sip of what he had ordered as a drink. "Honestly I thought I was gonna get some kinda mushy love story about how you're here looking for that one Tenno that likes long walks on the beach."

Katherine burst out laughing.  "Love story?  Me?"  She hit the counter with her fist a couple of times as she slowly stopped laughing.  "Ha.  That's a good one."

Edited by Yzjdriel

33 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I've found the funniest jokes tend to be the ones you didn't mean to make."

"That's true." He would take another sip of his drink. "And it's not nearly as fun to wake up with an awful hangover alone."

Edited by OrlockCedar

13 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"That's true." He would take another sip of his drink. "And it's not nearly as fun to wake up with an awful hangover alone."

"I suppose not.  But I've been single since forever, and I'm not a big fan of 'one nighters'."

52 minutes ago, OrlockCedar said:

"Nothing bad of course. Though I know how you feel." he takes another sip of his drink. "So you said you're a Trinity, yes? Used to wear a support Warframe myself."

Katherine indicated her helmet-less Warframe.  "Is that so?  Which one?"