The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

18 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Haseo: "aww, that's a shame. It's quite the experience, you know. Woukd you like to go underwater someday? Of course, this doent mean with me per sé, but just in general."

"I wouldn't be terribly broken up if I never got to, but it would be cool to go exploring sometime.  I mean, I can swim, and I've been to the pool on Kronia a few times, so it's not like I've never been, like, actually under water."

1 minute ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I wouldn't be terribly broken up if I never got to, but it would be cool to go exploring sometime.  I mean, I can swim, and I've been to the pool on Kronia a few times, so it's not like I've never been, like, actually under water."

Haseo: "i see. wait, there's a pool on Kronia? huh, i didn't know... oh, i have to leave. i have a damn meeting in ten minutes... the other Epitaph users want to speak to me. sorry to cut this so short, but some things you just have to do... it was fun talking to you, though. see you around!" *Stands up, preparing to leave*

14 minutes ago, NightBeatz said:

She smiled "yes not drinking a good beer is a crime indeed and nice to meet you Oscuro my name is Elize" she paused "Elize Burnstar and as for your name i find it a.. unique name" she smiled again as she looked shyly at her own beer not knowing what to ask next dammit Elize ask him something why I'm so shy all of the suddenly 

"Elize Burnstar? Kind fits your frame hmm?" He looked at the ember "It's a nice name."

She's avoiding eye contact? Oh no... What did I say wrong?

"Uhmm... So, you here to drink?"

That's a dumb question. Of course she's here to drink oscuro!

"Ah, of course you're here to drink... It's a bar after all." He scratched his head. 

"So you're a regular here?" He acted like nothing strange happened

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Haseo: "i see. wait, there's a pool on Kronia? huh, i didn't know... oh, i have to leave. i have a damn meeting in ten minutes... the other Epitaph users want to speak to me. sorry to cut this so short, but some things you just have to do... it was fun talking to you, though. see you around!" *Stands up, preparing to leave*

"I enjoyed our conversation immensely.  Perhaps we could meet up later?  I could show you the pool..."  Alex drained her glass and also stood.

4 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Haseo: "works for me. when should we meet up?"

"I'll leave that to you," she said with a lopsided smile.  "Catch you later, Haseo."  She walked across the room to the table where Mayya and Esaka were sitting, pulled a chair away from a nearby table, and sat down.  Let the weird conversations begin.

3 hours ago, ShrimpOverlord said:

"Hmm... I guess that Phobos. I've never actually been to Phobos, never really got to go there. The desert landscape seems way more interesting than grineer ships and astroid bases, and thoes boring Corpus snow plantets. Dream? If I have a dream... honestly, no. I used to have a dream. I wanted to be the most famous Trinity in the system. Kidna foolish when I look back at my old self. I don't want the fame, nor do I want to give up on my opinion about anesthetic, because I won't get fame when people complain about my painful operations. So, I used to have a dream, but I gave up on it. My initial impression of you, is that you're the boring, overly-honor-bound type of guy, that will mock me for my beliefs. Of course, I don't you like that now, and you're certainly not boring. I want to ask you what was your initial impression of me. If you had to switch a frame, what would you choose? If you had to pick a side, Grineer or Corpus?"

"Making someone choose between genocidal militarists and corporate crazed fanatics is a bit rough, you know. I would say neither, but if that is not an option, I think that the Corpus has more chances for survival and bringing a semblance of the old world order. Now about frames: I do have to switch to frost from time to time, more rarely to ice Chroma, and very rarely I have to go Vauban. This kit of frames allows me to get the job done most efficiently" after saying that, he paused, and his expression shifted to something more serious, almost paternal, "At first, I thought you are an innocent, introverted cutie-pie, but I'm old enough to know that truth can rarely be found on the surface. As far as we've got in this exciting interrogation, I tend to believe that you're a young lass who's yet to bloom. You are introverted, which is also my way to proceed through the chaotic ocean of social interactions, and so gives me the image on your behavioural stimulus. It appears that your principles are not solidified, and you waver slightly in your judgements. A number of times you brought up the topic of anaesthetics non-use policy indicates that this may be not one of your traits, but also something that bothers you. There may be a reason from your past experience that caused you to come to such conclusions and beliefs. It seems like a touchy subject to you, probably entangled with certain painful memories. The fact that you are musically obsessed may also suggest that there are strong emotional streams flowing beneath your seemingly cold and collected social shell. Your experience openness and the fact you're trying to define yourself through searching for a potential partner may also suggest that you're trying to find your niche in this universe, searching for a way to take more of this world. That's how you look like from my standing point so far. Perhaps that sounded weird or out of place, but you've stated that you appreciate the straightforward approach. Hope I didn't manage to creep you out"

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I wouldn't consider myself to be that exotic.  I mean, sure, it's uncommon to find a cerebral Tenno.  I'm not sure what being primarily a Valkyr has to do with my supposed rarity, though.  Of course, I've never put much faith in stereotypes, whereas you seem to have met only those Tenno whose actions gave rise to the stereotype."  She paused to take a sip of her drink, then paused and sat back in her chair.  "As to how I got here, that's a rather long story, but he short version happens to answer your last question: I'm here because it's the last place Nihlai ((read: nee lie)) will look.  What about you?  What brings you here?"

((Yeah, they are.  XP))

"Never heard of that Nihlai guy (or girl), but I assume they are an annoying adorer of yours", Cef changed his pose to a bit more casual, "What brought me here? I'd say it was an existential necessity to proceed forward through life; to intensify my social sphere of life and, probably, to find someone trustworthy and pleasant enough to establish deep bonds with. In short: sometimes I feel an urgent need to give someone a firm hug". He laughed at his own statement, "yup, I'm a softie, and I'm not afraid to admit that" 

8 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'll leave that to you," she said with a lopsided smile.  "Catch you later, Haseo."  She walked across the room to the table where Mayya and Esaka were sitting, pulled a chair away from a nearby table, and sat down.  Let the weird conversations begin.

Haseo: "See you!" *walks out of the bar*

15 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Never heard of that Nihlai guy (or girl), but I assume they are an annoying adorer of yours", Cef changed his pose to a bit more casual, "What brought me here? I'd say it was an existential necessity to proceed forward through life; to intensify my social sphere of life and, probably, to find someone trustworthy and pleasant enough to establish deep bonds with. In short: sometimes I feel an urgent need to give someone a firm hug". He laughed at his own statement, "yup, I'm a softie, and I'm not afraid to admit that" 

Lydia nearly choked on her drink.  "Nihlai, an admirer?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhmm..."  Her laughter turned into a coughing fit which quickly subsided.  "I'm okay," she said, motioning for Cef to sit down.  "Mmmmm...  No."  She sighed.  "No, Nihlai is certainly not an admirer of mine.  To tell you the truth, I'm not too fond of him, either.  He's pretty good at his job, though, so I guess I'm stuck with him until either he gets himself killed or I find someone better."

1 hour ago, Spiral_Ore said:

"Elize Burnstar? Kind fits your frame hmm?" He looked at the ember "It's a nice name."

She's avoiding eye contact? Oh no... What did I say wrong?

"Uhmm... So, you here to drink?"

That's a dumb question. Of course she's here to drink oscuro!

"Ah, of course you're here to drink... It's a bar after all." He scratched his head. 

"So you're a regular here?" He acted like nothing strange happened

She looked at him and smiled better tell him about the speed dating "yea I'm here to drink but that's not the only reason" she stopped for a moment taking a big sip of beer "you see I'm here to hopefully find someone after all this is a speed dating bar" she blushed a bit while saying that looking at he Loki with a look of please don't leave hope I didn't scare him with that "that's the reason why I told you this ain't a normal bar" taking a big sip again she waited for him to react

Edited by NightBeatz

16 minutes ago, NightBeatz said:

She looked at him and smiled better tell him about the speed dating "yea I'm here to drink but that's not the only reason" she stopped for a moment taking a big sip of beer "you see I'm here to hopefully find someone after all this is a speed dating bar" she blushed a bit while saying that looking at he Loki with a look of please don't leave hope I didn't scare him with that "that's the reason why I told you this ain't a normal bar" taking a big sip again she waited for him to react

"Uhmmm.... A speed dating bar?" 

Then me sitting here.... 

"Oh. Uhm. Wow. Looks like I have walked too far away from my usual bar..." He scratched his head.

He stayed silent for a moment, deep in though.

"Well... you get to drink good drinks, so it's kind of the same right?" He laughed awkwardly "So... You really don't mind me sitting here?"

6 minutes ago, Spiral_Ore said:

"Uhmmm.... A speed dating bar?" 

Then me sitting here.... 

"Oh. Uhm. Wow. Looks like I have walked too far away from my usual bar..." He scratched his head.

He stayed silent for a moment, deep in though.

"Well... you get to drink good drinks, so it's kind of the same right?" He laughed awkwardly "So... You really don't mind me sitting here?"

at least he didn't leave looking at Oscuro "why would i mind having you here" *sighs*  "if i would then you would have known already so you can stay " she winked at him "that is if you are not afraid for you girlfriend to find you...."  Elize wtf you are saying your gonna scare him away "Uh... Uh.. what i mean is that if you are even interested in speed dating"  she would blush even more than last time "Not to mention with me..." drinking the rest of her beer "refill please" she said to an Osprey 

1 hour ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia nearly choked on her drink.  "Nihlai, an admirer?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhmm..."  Her laughter turned into a coughing fit which quickly subsided.  "I'm okay," she said, motioning for Cef to sit down.  "Mmmmm...  No."  She sighed.  "No, Nihlai is certainly not an admirer of mine.  To tell you the truth, I'm not too fond of him, either.  He's pretty good at his job, though, so I guess I'm stuck with him until either he gets himself killed or I find someone better."

"Erm... I suppose the "find someone better" part is not somehow connected to the "gets himself killed"? Right?..." 

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

"Erm... I suppose the "find someone better" part is not somehow connected to the "gets himself killed"? Right?..." 

"Oh, Heavens, no.  Just because I don't like a guy doesn't mean I'd leave him to die if given the chance.  Whether I like him or not, he's a Tenno.  Besides, there aren't many highly skilled Limbo pilots out there - or at least you don't see many."

3 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"Oh, Heavens, no.  Just because I don't like a guy doesn't mean I'd leave him to die if given the chance.  Whether I like him or not, he's a Tenno.  Besides, there aren't many highly skilled Limbo pilots out there - or at least you don't see many."

"Phew. And I thought you were chased here by some murderous apostate and due to that you were asking me for armed entourage services. Thankfully, sometimes one can evade Friday overtimes. Soo... what sort of tenno are you? What is your professional field?"

Edited by Teloch

6 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Phew. And I thought you were chased here by some murderous apostate and due to that you were asking me for armed entourage services. Thankfully, sometimes one can evade Friday overtimes. Soo... what sort of tenno are you? What is your professional field?"

Lydia smirked.  "No, nothing like that.  Right now he's hell-bent on going after some part or another, and I couldn't care less.  Besides, can't a girl have some time off from all the killing every once in a blue moon?"  She took another sip of her drink, sighed, put her glass down, and motioned to an Osprey, began floating their way..  "I'm sorry, but this just isn't gonna cut it for me.  It's good, don't get me wrong.  You have good taste.  But right now, what I need is a drink."  The Osprey arrived.  "Gin.  Make it a double."  The Osprey buzzed off towards the bar.  "My 'professional field'?  Uhh, killing things?  I don't know.  It's the only job I've got at the moment.  If you meant what I specialize in, then it would be stealth, interrupted sporadically by an overly excessive display of our carnal nature.  If you meant what I want to do, well, that's a little different."