The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"And how are you going to do that? It's mere impossible to predict her location as she could literally be anywhere as we speak!"

Naela: "...my sister and i got separated on mars... When she found me, it was too late... That took ten years... But if we could take less..."

9 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Not much, just...erm...being myself...i guess?"

"I highly doubt that she's at mars now..."

((before anyone jumps to conclusions, no it's no one of my ocs which are made currently. I'll most likely make the oc when i feel like it))

Esaka: I see.. Why not try something different?

7 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: I see.. Why not try something different?

" Likeeee...?"

11 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "...my sister and i got separated on mars... When she found me, it was too late... That took ten years... But if we could take less..."

"Then we might just find her...i guess?"

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Definately...I just hope in the end we'll be be able to find my sister again..."

((thought you was out for the weekend?))

Naela: "I hope so too... So, from mars the next place she could be is dependant on how many years she's been missing..."

((That's what i have my tablet for!))

9 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: I dunno dimension traveling?

"But...wouldn't we like...die if we...did that?"

8 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "I hope so too... So, from mars the next place she could be is dependant on how many years she's been missing..."

((That's what i have my tablet for!))

"But how on earth are we supposed to predict when I don't even know how many year's she's been missing?!?"

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

"But how on earth are we supposed to predict when I don't even know how many year's she's been missing?!?"

Naela: "then there's still one option... Give me your hand. As in, the hand inside that warframe. Now."

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Esaka: Look, I'm a traveler so I know how to deal with these kinds of problems.

On 30.04.2016 at 8:32 AM, RawrZy said:

~snip~

((Well, no way I'm leaving that writing style unpunished unnoticed. Gonna summon the cavalry then. Now, where did I put my warhorn again?...))

The wine began to make its way to Cef's blood, slowly indulging him with the soothingly-intoxicating effect. While enjoying warmth, peace, and charming company, his thoughts and glances began to linger in the direction they usually do when someone finds themselves in a same pleasant set of conditions. "She's actually cute. Yup. Cute indeed", Cef thought to himself after taking an opportunity to covertly assess some of Lydia's features. It is sure not very modest to do so and definitely not safe, in case if one dares to stare at various bits of a Valkyr. But hey! It is natural, and people tend to visit establishments of this sort exactly for this reasons. Just as Cef attempted to appreciate his date's feminine exterior a bit more, he was utterly interrupted and startled as a result. "Nice progress there, ye lusty elk", the familiar voice rang at some distance from couple's couch. The Oberon nearly jumped at his place, "Dammit, Bull, do you really disregard others privacy so badly?!" he asked annoyingly. At this particular moment, Cef really wanted to toss his harkonar shoulder plate at his boss, but he calmed down at an instant. The rhino chuckled and looked at the Valkyr, "Hey, lass, Cef is a good kid, perhaps a bit twitchy, although, but still nice". Cef shook his head in annoyed disbelief "Bull, it is nice of you, but I don't need your help right now". The Rhino ignored his comrade's words and proceeded with another tip for Lydia, "If you decide to take him with you, you should know that he has no money-back warranty, alas. Yeah, and he eats a lot, and has a tooth for sweet", Teloch chuckled while catching a playfully annoyed punch from his comrade. "He doesn't normally behave like that, but it seems that he was bitten by something poisonous today", Cef made an attempt to turn the sarcastic initiative, but he generally sucks at humor, "Still, boss, I thought you're off for today. Something went wrong?"."No. Not exactly. I just had to recompense that girl's wasted time, and it actually cost me a three digit amount of platinum... ugh. What wouldn't one do not to feel like an arsehole, so, I'm back for another try. For the third one, speaking frankly", the Rhino answered, clapped his friend shoulder, and started away. Cef chuckled and spoke to his distancing bro, "Hey, Bull. Since you decided to move on, maybe you should give others a chance. You know what I mean, right?". The Rhino-clad man turned around, smiled not very merrily, and mumbled, "Yeah... maybe". The rhino took a seat at one of the distanced tables, so he could examine female patrons from the safe distance. There was a strangely dressed girl at the bar counter, a group of lasses sitting at one table, who don't seem to care about a masculine company at all, three couples conversing, a weird Valkyr... oh, wait... is that? Oh. Oh my. Better not to look that way. Eventually, he trained his coldly assessing aim on a Meza. Mezas were not in his tastes, actually, but this one seemed strangely nervous. An uncommon behaviour among Meza pilots that is. When he decided to study her even more, he noticed that she might be looking at him as well. "Um... that's actually awkward. Should I do something?" he thought to himself while drilling the poor patron with his heavy, coldly-aiming gaze, which could either be interpreted as "what in the name of the Void am I looking at?", or, in the field conditions, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

Edited by Teloch

On 4/29/2016 at 3:30 PM, Teloch said:

((Somehow I manage to horrify myself from time to time XD))

Cef smiled while his inner voice said "suuure". After about a minute of peaceful food consumption, Cef emerged with yet another statement, "Can confirm that the food is good. Praised be the farm stations for not letting us chomp those accursed soy ratios exclusively. Although, I'm slightly surprised about the fact how little it takes for you to characterise people positively"

((XD))

Lydia laughed.  "Praised be the farmers, indeed.  As to my tendency to see people in a rose-colored light, I guess that's a personal weakness.  Though it doesn't take much for me to characterize someone as bad, either, once they show themselves definitively to be such."

On 4/29/2016 at 5:27 PM, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Thanks..."

She takes the drink and sips it afterwards.

*meanwhile*

While tampering with the pinball machine, she notices a second machine which was pretty much the same ((if i'm correct. Just to make sure, there are 2 pinball machines correct?)).

*meanwhile (yay)*

"Yes, of course! Family brought me here and if it wasn't for them, i wouldn't be here right now!"

((not too sure what happened with the text colour for Mayya))

((There are currently two pinball machines, and currently Ryder is the only OC capable of summoning them.  There's a handy spreadsheet that's keeping track of who and what is where (and when) that I'm doing.  The view link can be found in the original post, thanks again Denny for placing it there))

5 hours ago, Teloch said:

((Well, no way I'm leaving that writing style unpunished unnoticed. Gonna summon the cavalry then. Now, where did I put my warhorn again?...))

The wine began to make its way to Cef's blood, slowly indulging him with the soothingly-intoxicating effect. While enjoying warmth, peace, and charming company, his thoughts and glances began to linger in the direction they usually do when someone finds themselves in a same pleasant set of conditions. "She's actually cute. Yup. Cute indeed", Cef thought to himself after taking an opportunity to covertly assess some of Lydia's features. It is sure not very modest to do so and definitely not safe, in case if one dares to stare at various bits of a Valkyr. But hey! It is natural, and people tend to visit establishments of this sort exactly for this reasons. Just as Cef attempted to appreciate his date's feminine exterior a bit more, he was utterly interrupted and startled as a result. "Nice progress there, ye lusty elk", the familiar voice rang at some distance from couple's couch. The Oberon nearly jumped at his place, "Dammit, Bull, do you really disregard others privacy so badly?!" he asked annoyingly. At this particular moment, Cef really wanted to toss his harkonar shoulder plate at his boss, but he calmed down at an instant. The rhino chuckled and looked at the Valkyr, "Hey, lass, Cef is a good kid, perhaps a bit twitchy, although, but still nice". Cef shook his head in annoyed disbelief "Bull, it is nice of you, but I don't need your help right now". The Rhino ignored his comrade's words and proceeded with another tip for Lydia, "If you decide to take him with you, you should know that he has no money-back warranty, alas. Yeah, and he eats a lot, and has a tooth for sweet", Teloch chuckled while catching a playfully annoyed punch from his comrade. "He doesn't normally behave like that, but it seems that he was bitten by something poisonous today", Cef made an attempt to turn the sarcastic initiative, but he generally sucks at humor, "Still, boss, I thought you're off for today. Something went wrong?"."No. Not exactly. I just had to recompense that girl's wasted time, and it actually cost me a three digit amount of platinum... ugh. What wouldn't one do not to feel like an arsehole, so, I'm back for another try. For the third one, speaking frankly", the Rhino answered, clapped his friend shoulder, and started away. Cef chuckled and spoke to his distancing bro, "Hey, Bull. Since you decided to move on, maybe you should give others a chance. You know what I mean, right?". The Rhino-clad man turned around, smiled not very merrily, and mumbled, "Yeah... maybe". The rhino took a seat at one of the distanced tables, so he could examine female patrons from the safe distance. There was a strangely dressed girl at the bar counter, a group of lasses sitting at one table, who don't seem to care about a masculine company at all, three couples conversing, a weird Valkyr... oh, wait... is that? Oh. Oh my. Better not to look that way. Eventually, he trained his coldly assessing aim on a Meza. Mezas were not in his tastes, actually, but this one seemed strangely nervous. An uncommon behaviour among Meza pilots that is. When he decided to study her even more, he noticed that she might be looking at him as well. "Um... that's actually awkward. Should I do something?" he thought to himself while drilling the poor patron with his heavy, coldly-aiming gaze, which could either be interpreted as "what in the name of the Void am I looking at?", or, in the field conditions, "FIRE IN THE HOLE!"

The sby Mesa fixed her gaze onto the Rhino frame, gulping strongly as she kept her posture in order in fear that the other was to be judging her; clearly rather self-consciously offering a half-stare back at him, trying to watch him without full-out staring him down. After a while of waiting, she eventually got up and began to approach the gentleman, reaching the table. She extended out her hand, her palm facing upwards openly, her finger resting in a descending order, like stairs. They leaned forward, motioning to the seat in front of her, across from the gentleman. "Is anyone sitting here?" she asked shyly, holding her opposite hand behind her back with a formal and well-composed manner, as she eagerly awaited the response.

2 hours ago, RawrZy said:

The sby Mesa fixed her gaze onto the Rhino frame, gulping strongly as she kept her posture in order in fear that the other was to be judging her; clearly rather self-consciously offering a half-stare back at him, trying to watch him without full-out staring him down. After a while of waiting, she eventually got up and began to approach the gentleman, reaching the table. She extended out her hand, her palm facing upwards openly, her finger resting in a descending order, like stairs. They leaned forward, motioning to the seat in front of her, across from the gentleman. "Is anyone sitting here?" she asked shyly, holding her opposite hand behind her back with a formal and well-composed manner, as she eagerly awaited the response.

He observed her as diligently as an average grineer camera drone stares at some clumsy trespasser. Although, he began to grow amazed as soon as she started to approach his table. The polite inquiry about place availability made him clearly surprised. Now, this starts to look interesting. He looked at his arcane helmet as if seeking for an answer written on it, turned the object so it could face her, and answered lady's question, "Negative. I've been searching for a company available to join, but you're welcome to sit as well". He scratched his nape ((his appearances can be found on the first page of this topic)) and offered a short introduction, "Name's Teloch. A merc with standing. And what is your name, ma'am?"

2 hours ago, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia laughed.  "Praised be the farmers, indeed.  As to my tendency to see people in a rose-colored light, I guess that's a personal weakness.  Though it doesn't take much for me to characterize someone as bad, either, once they show themselves definitively to be such."

Cef silently looked at his friend going for his third attempt. "Beg your pardon for his behaviour, Lydia. Familly happens, same as pseudo-family. And it looks like you've made an acquaintance with my elder pseudo-brother. His helping attempts usually leave me embarrassed... I hope your partner don't have a habit to behave that way".  

Edited by Teloch

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Cef silently looked at his friend going for his third attempt. "Beg your pardon for his behaviour, Lydia. Familly happens, same as pseudo-family. And it looks like you've made an acquaintance with my elder pseudo-brother. His helping attempts usually leave me embarrassed... I hope your partner don't have a habit to behave that way".  

"He mostly embarrasses himself, to be honest."  Lydia stage whispered with a smirk.

20 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: Look, I'm a traveler so I know how to deal with these kinds of problems.

"I guess...it might be worth a shot then..."

*Mayya takes another sip of her old fashion*

22 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "then there's still one option... Give me your hand. As in, the hand inside that warframe. Now."

"Okay, we aren't exactly that far in the re...ah whatever, screw that"

Taking his hand out of his warframe ((or literally himself, i dunno, your choice i guess)), Caver places it within Naela's hand.

"Don't really know how holding hands is going to help find my sister..."

5 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Taking his hand out of his warframe ((or literally himself, i dunno, your choice i guess)), Caver places it within Naela's hand.

Naela: "i have what i needed." *pulls out a strange device* "all right, scanning... Found it! Female, younger than you, similar DNA, same parental data. Jupiter?! Oh no... No choice." *she grabs a comm device and calls someone* "Tri? Urgent.. What? You know? Who did you...? Arch-Squad? Got it, i'll relay the message. That was Cephalon Tri. My clan's Archwing Squad has retrieved your sister. We can confirm it because the first thing she asked was if you were safe."

3 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Esaka: You can't fully appreciate it if you don't try it.

12 hours ago, Teloch said:

He observed her as diligently as an average grineer camera drone stares at some clumsy trespasser. Although, he began to grow amazed as soon as she started to approach his table. The polite inquiry about place availability made him clearly surprised. Now, this starts to look interesting. He looked at his arcane helmet as if seeking for an answer written on it, turned the object so it could face her, and answered lady's question, "Negative. I've been searching for a company available to join, but you're welcome to sit as well". He scratched his nape ((his appearances can be found on the first page of this topic)) and offered a short introduction, "Name's Teloch. A merc with standing. And what is your name, ma'am?"

She offered to him a gentle smile as she lowered herself into the chair across from him, nervously resting her arms intertwining her fingers together to form a sort of triangle with her body and arms, before reaching up to remove her helmet, setting down the clothy helmet with a focused self-control to lay it onto the table upright, her petite and pale face shining brightly under the lights, a set of red lips and a touch of eyeliner to fix things up laid across her face as her eyes glanced to his, before nervously looking around behind him, and eventually putting her gaze down to the table, as if it was required to speak that way. "I'm. . . Mika." She answered, before looking up for a few moments afterwards as if to catch his approval, making plans to instantly look back down to the table after some sort of nod or acknowledgement.

15 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: You can't fully appreciate it if you don't try it.

"Maybe....Where do we like...start then?"

18 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "i have what i needed." *pulls out a strange device* "all right, scanning... Found it! Female, younger than you, similar DNA, same parental data. Jupiter?! Oh no... No choice." *she grabs a comm device and calls someone* "Tri? Urgent.. What? You know? Who did you...? Arch-Squad? Got it, i'll relay the message. That was Cephalon Tri. My clan's Archwing Squad has retrieved your sister. We can confirm it because the first thing she asked was if you were safe."

"This doesn't feel right...She's been missing for years and it's not like she can be found within seconds..."

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"This doesn't feel right...She's been missing for years and it's not like she can be found within seconds..."

Esaka: We'll try something pretty tame at first, Distant Land.

34 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

Naela: *chuckles* "i went through the same thing. Once my DNA analysis located her, my clan knew EXACTLY what had happened. Cephalon Tri is capable of a lot more than you, or even i, realise."

13 hours ago, RawrZy said:

She offered to him a gentle smile as she lowered herself into the chair across from him, nervously resting her arms intertwining her fingers together to form a sort of triangle with her body and arms, before reaching up to remove her helmet, setting down the clothy helmet with a focused self-control to lay it onto the table upright, her petite and pale face shining brightly under the lights, a set of red lips and a touch of eyeliner to fix things up laid across her face as her eyes glanced to his, before nervously looking around behind him, and eventually putting her gaze down to the table, as if it was required to speak that way. "I'm. . . Mika." She answered, before looking up for a few moments afterwards as if to catch his approval, making plans to instantly look back down to the table after some sort of nod or acknowledgement.

Teloch tilted his head to a side slightly, thinking of his next moves, "The good thing is that she looks like a nice woman, has a normal name, and even behaves quite civil. The bad thing is that she is currently as overcharged as a 60kg omega isotope bomb. Now, perhaps I should thread as carefully as a sapper at his first day in the field, and no judgemental statements... for now". After a slight pause that nearly became awkward, he spoke to her, "Nice to meet you, Mika. The last time I examined these tables, there was nothing interesting written or drawn on them, isn't that a bummer?" he smirked, "Now now, I'm not making fun of you - few hours ago I felt as restrained as you do now due to visiting the establishment of this sort for the first time. However, my nervousness faded away as soon as I reassured that there is nothing threateningly embarrassing about this place. So, what would you say if we order something for the mood and kick this evening off? Honestly, ma'am, the way you hold yourself, your manners, and warframe choice ignited my curiosity" he smiled warmly.

On 02.05.2016 at 4:12 PM, Yzjdriel said:

"He mostly embarrasses himself, to be honest."  Lydia stage whispered with a smirk.

Cef tried to say something, but the he was too busy giggling. After catching a breath, he managed to squeeze the answer, "Well, it is either you're being a tough nut, him being clumsy, or both" He smiled and shook his head, "but it would only be fair to say that I do also manage to embarrass myself from time to time. Inconveniences usually happen when I'm working with teams that don't really need support unit, when working with helpless teams that can't do anything with or without support unit, or when I'm trying to master a corpus-made weapon. So, mind if you share your weaponry preferences, if you feel in the mood, of course"

Edited by Teloch

4 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Cef tried to say something, but the he was too busy giggling. After catching a breath, he managed to squeeze the answer, "Well, it is either you're being a tough nut, him being clumsy, or both" He smiled and shook his head, "but it would only be fair to say that I do also manage to embarrass myself from time to time. Inconveniences usually happen when I'm working with teams that don't really need support unit, when working with helpless teams that can't do anything with or without support unit, or when I'm trying to master a corpus-made weapon. So, mind if you share your weaponsmith preferences, if you feel in the mood, of course"

"I'm partial to Tenno weapons myself, although the Vaykor Hek is a solid shotgun.  What about you?"

57 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I'm partial to Tenno weapons myself, although the Vaykor Hek is a solid shotgun.  What about you?"

"Seems like we have partially common tastes in this department as well. I'm not a marksman, so long-barreled weapons are not my choice. For the other side, my lack of precision is compensated with good reflexes and ability to deal with high recoil pretty good. Due to this factors, my weapons of choice are meridian-modified Hek and Prisma Grakata as main caliber tools, Twin Grakatas and Twin Kohmaks as sidearms, and Ack&Brunt or Jat Kittag as melee. I pick the needed combination depending on mission objectives and party equipment, but, nevertheless, you can easily figure out that my tactical niche is first line heavy support unit. My job is to provide fire support, to control crowds when needed, to heal and protect, and to empower others performance via infusion. The fact I prefer to use Grineer weapons can be easily explained by their default power, exploitation easiness, and modification simplicity. Unlike many of my comrades, I'm not a weapon wizard..." He led himself into some thoughts that obviously contradict the delightful evening atmosphere. Fortunately, he didn't give his mind a chance to derail the general course of conversation even further. Cef filled glasses again and voiced another toast, "For the farmers, our weaknesses being unexploited, and for the distanced opportunity to finally lay our weapons down" 

Edited by Teloch