The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

On 2016-05-03 at 1:35 PM, Teloch said:

"Seems like we have common tastes in this department as well. I'm not a marksman, so long-barreled weapons are not my choice. For the other side, my lack of precision is compensated with good reflexes and ability to deal with high recoil pretty good. Due to this factors, my weapons of choice are meridian-modified Hek and Prisma Grakata as main caliber tools, Twin Grakatas and Twin Kohmaks as sidearms, and Ack&Brunt or Jat Kittag as melee. I pick the needed combination depending on mission objectives and party equipment, but, nevertheless, you can easily figure out that my tactical niche is first line heavy support unit. My job is to provide fire support, to control crowds when needed, to heal and protect, and to empower others performance via infusion. The fact I prefer to use Grineer weapons can be easily explained by their default power, exploitation easiness, and modification simplicity. Unlike many of my comrades, I'm not a weapon wizard..." He led himself into some thoughts that obviously contradict the delightful evening atmosphere. Fortunately, he didn't give his mind a chance to derail the general course of conversation even further. Cef filled glasses again and voiced another toast, "For the farmers, our weaknesses being unexploited, and for the distanced opportunity to finally lay our weapons down" 

"Agreed." *clink*

Lydia picked up the apple, bit off a large mouthful, and began chewing it slowly.  Keep talking, Cef, so I don't have to, she thought.

Edited by Yzjdriel

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"Agreed." *clink*

Lydia picked up the apple, bit of a large mouthful, and began chewing it slowly.  Keep talking, Cef, so I don't have to, she thought.

Cef took a noticeably long pause in conversation after drinking another round. While in this silent state, his facial expression changed for a few times from content to slightly troubled. It appears that someone enriched his blood with enough alcohol to be able to tickle serious topics. He moved another half-butt closer to her, looked her in the eyes for a brief moment, and asked somewhat bluntly, without that former playfulness in his voice, "Why did you become a Tenno?"

5 minutes ago, Teloch said:

Cef took a noticeably long pause in conversation after drinking another round. While in this silent state, his facial expression changed for a few times from content to slightly troubled. It appears that someone enriched his blood with enough alcohol to be able to tickle serious topics. He moved another half-butt closer to her, looked her in the eyes for a brief moment, and asked somewhat bluntly, without that former playfulness in his voice, "Why did you become a Tenno?"

Lydia looked confused.  "I don't know.  I don't remember a whole lot from before the Second Dream started."

Edited by Yzjdriel

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia looked confused.  "I don't know.  I don't remember a whole lot from before the Second Dream started."

"You know, sometimes it is better not to remember," he smiled somewhat bitter, but then added, "Please, don't be nonplussed. I tend to act this strange occasionally". He finished his meal, laid his hands on the back of the couch, trained his gaze at some spot on the ceiling, and asked, "Any thoughts or opinions on this evening, perhaps? And what would you do after leaving this hall?". He mentally prepared to answer the same question in case if she would deem it worthy readdressing. 

"I enjoyed it very much.  You're quite the cultured gentleman, Cef."  Lydia smiled.  "I think I'll go see the Counselor tomorrow morning and accept her offer; maybe then Nihlai will leave me alone...  What about you?  Did you also enjoy the evening?"

15 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

"I enjoyed it very much.  You're quite the cultured gentleman, Cef."  Lydia smiled.  "I think I'll go see the Counselor tomorrow morning and accept her offer; maybe then Nihlai will leave me alone...  What about you?  Did you also enjoy the evening?"

"Yes, indeed. It made me feel almost like a normal, sapient being again. It is a shame that such evenings are not as common as one can hope for, but, as they like to say,"too much of a good thing isn't good". Tomorrow I will most likely continue to do my regular job, featuring Orokin towers ransacking, keeping others from useless and stupid ways to die, and preoccupying myself with other things that I recognize as my hobbies. Everything seems pretty much stable and define. Except one detail, perhaps..."

10 minutes ago, Teloch said:

"Yes, indeed. It made me feel almost like a normal, sapient being again. It is a shame that such evenings are not as common as one can hope for, but, as they like to say,"too much of a good thing isn't good". Tomorrow I will most likely continue to do my regular job, featuring Orokin towers ransacking, keeping others from useless and stupid ways to die, and preoccupying myself with other things that I recognize as my hobbies. Everything seems pretty much stable and define. Except one detail, perhaps..."

Lydia smiled.  "Let's define that detail, then.  Same time next week?"

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

Lydia smiled.  "Let's define that detail, then.  Same time next week?"

Cef grinned broadly, "The last time I checked, I wasn't a grineer grunt, and you don't seem to be wearing a Nyx class warframe", he turned his head in her direction, "Sure. Besides that, must confess that I do feel some sympathy towards you, Lydia. Even though you decided to keep some details about yourself from sharing, you behave, speak and think like a charming person, so I assume you are one. And, as I mentioned earlier this evening, you may count on my help with various issues that may come, lest you find it appropriate to certain situations", his smile became slightly impish, "Now, wouldn't you mind if I do something unpredictably stupid?"

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

"That depends entirely on how stupid it is."

"First, the check is on me. Second..." he took a business card of sorts with his network ID on it and handed it to Lydia, "...Most of the time I'm available, but on some missions we go comm silent. And lastly," he wrapped his right hand around her and gave a gentle but friendly hug, "godspeed and good luck with your Council endeavour. You do deserve some advancements"

7 hours ago, Sartactics said:

Esaka: We'll try something pretty tame at first, Distant Land.

"Alright then...let's go..."

6 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: *chuckles* "i went through the same thing. Once my DNA analysis located her, my clan knew EXACTLY what had happened. Cephalon Tri is capable of a lot more than you, or even i, realise."

"I'm suprised how you were capable of finding her so quickly though..."

"Anyway, I'm glad that my sister is safe"

((Well, those events had just thrown a possible private rp, a backstory and some character progression into the drain. Kuraio, tbh, the only thing I don't like about you is your habit of rushing most things. I had a plan to have us do a private rp on finding Caver's sister but nvm, that will never happen :| . I'll let this slip for now and make some sort of alternate timeline thingy where Caver goes looking for his sister but for crying out loud please just play along instead of rushing. I don't hate you because of this but I do find it annoying when someone rushes something I have planned, making those plans useless))

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Alright then...let's go..."

"I'm suprised how you were capable of finding her so quickly though..."

"Anyway, I'm glad that my sister is safe"

((Well, those events had just thrown a possible private rp, a backstory and some character progression into the drain. Kuraio, tbh, the only thing I don't like about you is your habit of rushing most things. I had a plan to have us do a private rp on finding Caver's sister but nvm, that will never happen :| . I'll let this slip for now and make some sort of alternate timeline thingy where Caver goes looking for his sister but for crying out loud please just play along instead of rushing. I don't hate you because of this but I do find it annoying when someone rushes something I have planned, making those plans useless))

Naela: "...dammit. Not good. Bad news, Caver."

((I had plans too. And they involved not f*cking yours up. Watch.))

6 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "...dammit. Not good. Bad news, Caver."

((I had plans too. And they involved not f*cking yours up. Watch.))

"What? What happen?!?"

((pretty sure i know where this is going. Also, maybe try not to metagame as you...well, did metagame Caver's sister which should've been played by me but I guess we can work things out))

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

"What? What happen?!?"

((pretty sure i know where this is going. Also, maybe try not to metagame as you...well, did metagame Caver's sister which should've been played by me but I guess we can work things out))

Naela: "this worked once but those bastards made a countermeasure... It was a god-damn decoy, genetic masking and all. So... Back to square one, huh... Dammit!"

((I'm sorry, but i'm pretty sure that decoy even fooled you, Crim.))

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "this worked once but those bastards made a countermeasure... It was a god-damn decoy, genetic masking and all. So... Back to square one, huh... Dammit!"

((I'm sorry, but i'm pretty sure that decoy even fooled you, Crim.))

"Of course it's too good to be true..."

A moment of slient occurred and shortly after, Caver seemed to fill with rage and ended up throwing his seat across the room, smashing into the wall he aimed at. He soon kicked the ground and fell on his knees.

"It's hopeless...F**KING HOPELESS!!!"

Meanwhile, Zenz seems to notice Caver having a fit tantrum moment. Of course nobody would actually know what was going on with him but if anyone else was involved within his conversation, then they'd know what's happening. Zenz had soon finished tamping around with the pinball machine and the next time someone else went on it, they'd seem to get the highest score possible, every time. 

"One down, one more to go"

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Of course it's too good to be true..."

A moment of slient occurred and shortly after, Caver seemed to fill with rage and ended up throwing his seat across the room, smashing into the wall he aimed at. He soon kicked the ground and fell on his knees.

"It's hopeless...F**KING HOPELESS!!!"

Meanwhile, Zenz seems to notice Caver having a fit tantrum moment. Of course nobody would actually know what was going on with him but if anyone else was involved within his conversation, then they'd know what's happening. Zenz had soon finished tamping around with the pinball machine and the next time someone else went on it, they'd seem to get the highest score possible, every time. 

"One down, one more to go"

Naela: "giving up already? Wimp. That decoy gave us a clue, you know. We should discuss this further aboard the main ship."

3 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "giving up already? Wimp. That decoy gave us a clue, you know. We should discuss this further aboard the main ship."

"Riiiiight...(says the one who could've saved her own god dam family...)"

"Maybe you have a point, she must be somewhere close by"

7 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Riiiiight...(says the one who could've saved her own god dam family...)"

"Maybe you have a point, she must be somewhere close by"

Naela: "come on. We'll discuss this further aboard the main ship. Follow me now..." *walks to the door*

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: "come on. We'll discuss this further aboard the main ship. Follow me now..." *walks to the door*

"Alright then..."

Caver follows Naela towards the door, preparing themselves to search for Caver's long lost sister..

((they'll be out for a while while we do a private rp and when we're finished, they'll return. Dunno if I should bring another OC here though, to be Caver's current replacement as he won't return into a long time I guess. Depends on how long the private rp is.))

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Alright then..."

Caver follows Naela towards the door, preparing themselves to search for Caver's long lost sister..

((they'll be out for a while while we do a private rp and when we're finished, they'll return. Dunno if I should bring another OC here though, to be Caver's current replacement as he won't return into a long time I guess. Depends on how long the private rp is.))

Naela: *holds the door open* "ladies first..."

((Naela! Bad! Ehem, sorry about that. Anyways, i'm... Pretty much out of OC's to use XD. But i'll see who i can bring.))

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: *holds the door open* "ladies first..."

((Naela! Bad! Ehem, sorry about that. Anyways, i'm... Pretty much out of OC's to use XD. But i'll see who i can bring.))

"Hehehe, funny joke"

*they both leave (small metagaming here but they are both leaving so yea...)*

((Might bring Rodger here maybe? It'll be funny to see the world's most popular war tuber look for a gf :P))

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Hehehe, funny joke"

*they both leave (small metagaming here but they are both leaving so yea...)*

((Might bring Rodger here maybe? It'll be funny to see the world's most popular war tuber look for a gf :P))

Naela: *leaves* "bye, suckers."

((Yeah XD. oh, i know. I should bring Leon. Because bringing in references is always fun. Okay, the first Tenno mage, Leon Frayrise, it is. For Nohr. Sorry, dumb reference. Also... Naela... Shut up.))

Just now, KuraioNokami said:

Naela: *leaves* "bye, suckers."

((Yeah XD. oh, i know. I should bring Leon. Because bringing in references is always fun. Okay, the first Tenno mage, Leon Frayrise, it is. For Nohr. Sorry, dumb reference. Also... Naela... Shut up.))

((Private rp begins...tommorow or something as it's literally 1:30 am here for me and I got to get up early :| . Cya and good night))

10 hours ago, Teloch said:

Teloch tilted his head to a side slightly, thinking of his next moves, "The good thing is that she looks like a nice woman, has a normal name, and even behaves quite civil. The bad thing is that she is currently as overcharged as a 60kg omega isotope bomb. Now, perhaps I should thread as carefully as a sapper at his first day in the field, and no judgemental statements... for now". After a slight pause that nearly became awkward, he spoke to her, "Nice to meet you, Mika. The last time I examined these tables, there was nothing interesting written or drawn on them, isn't that a bummer?" he smirked, "Now now, I'm not making fun of you - few hours ago I felt as restrained as you do now due to visiting the establishment of this sort for the first time. However, my nervousness faded away as soon as I reassured that there is nothing threateningly embarrassing about this place. So, what would you say if we order something for the mood and kick this evening off? Honestly, ma'am, the way you hold yourself, your manners, and warframe choice ignited my curiosity" he smiled warmly.

"I'm sorry for being uneasy, 'Teloch'," she said in a shy tone, but loosening herself up a little as she kept talking. "I just haven't met - or planned to meet people like this. It's weird, in my opinion, but, I'm shy, and I needed something to ease me out of my shell." She offered a smile, before giving off a rather nervous laugh, as if trying to calm herself. "I'll start off with a drink, wine, or something of the sort. Nothing too fancy, and not just water, yes?" She sat straight in her seat beginning to offer a more confident smile as she regained her self-control, coughing lightly.

5 hours ago, RawrZy said:

"I'm sorry for being uneasy, 'Teloch'," she said in a shy tone, but loosening herself up a little as she kept talking. "I just haven't met - or planned to meet people like this. It's weird, in my opinion, but, I'm shy, and I needed something to ease me out of my shell." She offered a smile, before giving off a rather nervous laugh, as if trying to calm herself. "I'll start off with a drink, wine, or something of the sort. Nothing too fancy, and not just water, yes?" She sat straight in her seat beginning to offer a more confident smile as she regained her self-control, coughing lightly.

"'People like this?' now this is growing more and more interesting..." he thought. He proceeded through the conversation in a relaxed manner, "Shyness can be an inconvenience, Mika, but almost never a crime. You don't need to apologise for having your ways to react on others, at least for now. As for meeting unexpectable people, six hours ago I could not imagine that I'll have a chat with a professional borrower and a not-entirely-conventional nurse this evening. An opportunity to meet people from beyond your common social circles makes this sort of events more thrilling, right?". He waved at the osprey, but the flying toaster flew by not very hastily, probably because it wasn't very encouraged by the opportunity of being grabbed by this rude Rhino for the second time this night. "A high shelf bottle of slightly bold red, please, and a big cup of earl grey," he said to the bot. When the mecha-waiter flew away, the man took more relaxed pose via leaning on his chair's back, and addressed his date, "The order processing will take some time; care to spend it getting to know each other better? If your current condition makes you feel more comfortable about asking, then go ahead," he smiled playfully, "I even promise not to cheat with answers"

Edited by Teloch