The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Speed Dating [Open RP, IC, Probably +18] Revived~

Denny2669

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

Luv was observing her friends date, making sure everything goes smoothly, but her eyes immediately ripped away from the target when she heard the word "Prime" with a non-primed weapons name before it. And indeed it was a part of an undiscovered Prime weapon, the Embers shoulders lightly catching on fire at the sight. The Voidwalkers NEED that prime part, and if she gets it to Scar herself, she'll definitely get to upgrade the bar by a couple of levels! She eyes the item from the bar curiously, waiting for a good moment to go towards them in and ask about it.

((Wait? Is she literally going to steal it or something? I also don't think the VW needs it, they just want it mainly (but it's your clan so i guess you can do whatever)))

19 hours ago, KuraioNokami said:

Rae shook her head. "No. I've made sure to master every spell i know. How about you?"

"Well, there are a few spells here and there but all magicans have some spell that they aren't so keen on"

1 minute ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Wait? Is she literally going to steal it or something? I also don't think the VW needs it, they just want it mainly (but it's your clan so i guess you can do whatever)))

"Well, there are a few spells here and there but all magicans have some spell that they aren't so keen on"

Rae nodded. "I guess... Well, the only spell i'm really not a master of is Charm..."

37 minutes ago, Teloch said:

The fact that this banshee revealed a small piece of intel on her social surrounding saved Teloch some time that he would otherwise waste on checking her regalias for possible allegiance signs. The fact she made a successful "conversation" docking gave the man a certain particle of optimism.  "Utilizing the gung-ho principle, are we?" he asked playfully, "And here I was: worrying about my group members causing disturbances in this very establishment... Anyway, I must admit that I wasn't expecting such sort of surveillance after my humble person. But would you kindly consider the opportunity of equalizing our initial alignment via sharing some details about yourself? I may be thought to operate in untapped surrounding and unexpected circumstances, but you have definitely caught me there off-guard". After briefly scanning lady's exteriors, he trained his gaze on her helmet, probably expecting or even gesturing her to take it off, "And, if only that's not a secret, how severely did I manage to break the stereotype?"

"But of course, how unproffesional of me to not introduce myself yet..." the Soprana replied, slowly taking her helmet off "Melody, of the Voidwalkers" she said her name as her long, pitch black hair flew out of the helmet. She had an almost flawless face, with a slightly smaller nose and azure eyes. "To equalize our initial alingment as you suggested, lets just say that we share similar interests. The old world for example, we both have a larger than average interest in it, if my source of information was right?" she also seemed to take a brief scan of the gentlemans appearance, not seeing anything that would turn her gaze away yet "And how would your unique way of breaking the tipical Rhino stereotype be a secret? It's your way of acting and your politeness, along with some other features. Most Rhino users are either obsesed with their own greatness or have less self restraint than a undisciplined dog. Then there are the 'edgy' kind, which rarely play their supposed role even remotely decent. Your unique way of standing out is a welcome change"

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucid Dreammer said:

my name is Azalea 

((Hey, you're new to role-playing, right? Can I make a little suggestion? Try to wait for someone to respond to you first before posting more. Right now, your previous posts were your character talking to nobody, as there is nobody sitting at her table or talking to her. Patience is key, sometimes you'll even have to wait a day until you get someone to play with. If you need help learning how to role-play better, don't be affraid to ask somebody. Not me though, I'm too bussy, sorry.))

4 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:
32 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucid Dreammer said:

my name is Azalea 

((Hey, you're new to role-playing, right? Can I make a little suggestion? Try to wait for someone to respond to you first before posting more. Right now, your previous posts were your character talking to nobody, as there is nobody sitting at her table or talking to her. Patience is key, sometimes you'll even have to wait a day until you get someone to play with. If you need help learning how to role-play better, don't be affraid to ask somebody. Not me though, I'm too bussy, sorry.))

((Unless you're Azeru...))

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucid Dreammer said:

no hun i was talking with my self operator to manage what i should say if someone came up to me

((Out-of-character lines should be enclosed in double parenthesis.  If another OC approaches or sits down at your table, remember that only your character will be speaking to them.  Also, this thread is Pre-U18 canon if I recall correctly, right Denny?))

Edited by Yzjdriel
fixed nested quotes

8 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

((Unless you're Azeru...))

((Out-of-character lines should be enclosed in double parenthesis.  If another OC approaches or sits down at your table, remember that only your character will be speaking to them.  Also, this thread is Pre-U18 canon if I recall correctly, right Denny?))

((Exactly. Maybe Lucid Dreamer should get some practice first before swimming with the big fish? No offense of course, we all were noobs once, and playing with people that are way above or below your level of roleplaying is just not fun. I'm not kicking you or anything, just saing that you may not have much fun here. I suggest you go to Tenno HQ, a pretty good place to learn the basics of roleplaying - simply having fun.))

1 minute ago, Denny2669 said:

((Exactly. Maybe Lucid Dreamer should get some practice first before swimming with the big fish? No offense of course, we all were noobs once, and playing with people that are way above or below your level of roleplaying is just not fun. I'm not kicking you or anything, just saing that you may not have much fun here. I suggest you go to Tenno HQ, a pretty good place to learn the basics of roleplaying - simply having fun.))

((Wow, something good being said about HQ? XD. I suppose that is it's purpose, though. One question... If you become 'experienced' when it comes to RP, does that involve the definition of fun changing or becoming obsolete? I don't know why, but i kinda got that vibe from your comment. If not, i'd gladly be proven wrong, though!))

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((Wow, something good being said about HQ? XD. I suppose that is it's purpose, though. One question... If you become 'experienced' when it comes to RP, does that involve the definition of fun changing or becoming obsolete? I don't know why, but i kinda got that vibe from your comment. If not, i'd gladly be proven wrong, though!))

((I've hit a sort of block with some of my other writing projects, so it's time to draw up a new OC on the fly.  Enter a pink-texted Nova P to Tenno HQ.))

Just now, Yzjdriel said:

((I've hit a sort of block with some of my other writing projects, so it's time to draw up a new OC on the fly.  Enter a pink-texted Nova P to Tenno HQ.))

((During a Time Collapse, where every enemy from the last forum i RP'ed on appears at once. Great timing! No, really. Great timing. I think you might get the references...))

1 minute ago, KuraioNokami said:

((During a Time Collapse, where every enemy from the last forum i RP'ed on appears at once. Great timing! No, really. Great timing. I think you might get the references...))

((Indeed I will get most of the .hack references.  Also, she's from Elsewhere.  This could get interesting.))

5 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((It mostly depends on the players themselves. But fun is number 1 priority in almost every RP. Whether it's humor, emotional, atmospheric or just releasing steam, it's all about the fun. But players of very diverse levels just don't go well together, mostly because one makes a very detailed and fine post that had alot of effort put into it, and the other makes something gramaticaly wrong and very short, making it hard for both to understand what the other's trying to say. Of course, someone with a higher level can go down and play like the low level one, but he wouldn't ejoy it that much as it blocks his creativity and post size... boy, how far did I get into this? lol. Anyway, the point is that fun is always the most important thing, regardless of level))

12 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

((I'm also kinda suprised. Of course it sounds like Denny is making it so it isn't as good as the more experianced rps and such but still, it's better then most open and invite only rps at least))

1 hour ago, KuraioNokami said:

Rae nodded. "I guess... Well, the only spell i'm really not a master of is Charm..."

"(Well i'm the master of charm...hehe.) Maybe i could help you out abit"

2 minutes ago, Denny2669 said:

((It mostly depends on the players themselves. But fun is number 1 priority in almost every RP. Whether it's humor, emotional, atmospheric or just releasing steam, it's all about the fun. But players of very diverse levels just don't go well together, mostly because one makes a very detailed and fine post that had alot of effort put into it, and the other makes something gramaticaly wrong and very short, making it hard for both to understand what the other's trying to say. Of course, someone with a higher level can go down and play like the low level one, but he wouldn't ejoy it that much as it blocks his creativity and post size... boy, how far did I get into this? lol. Anyway, the point is that fun is always the most important thing, regardless of level))

((I understand. Good to know we share that point of view at least. As long as everyone enjoys themself, RP fulfills it's purpose.))

2 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((I'm also kinda suprised. Of course it sounds like Denny is making it so it isn't as good as the more experianced rps and such but still, it's better then most open and invite only rps at least))

"(Well i'm the master of charm...hehe.) Maybe i could help you out abit"

Rae giggled. "I'm sure you could. You seem to be a master of the spell, after all!"

3 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

((Although some of the players here on the forums dislike Tenno HQ because of its simplicity, lack of rules and edginess, we can't deny that it's the perfect place for people to practice and simply have mindless fun. Thanks to that RP, the forum now has a little bit of everything, and that is a good thing.))

1 minute ago, Teloch said:

((Wow wow! I'm trying to type here, you speed demons!))

((Same here XD))

1 hour ago, Denny2669 said:

"But of course, how unproffesional of me to not introduce myself yet..." the Soprana replied, slowly taking her helmet off "Melody, of the Voidwalkers" she said her name as her long, pitch black hair flew out of the helmet. She had an almost flawless face, with a slightly smaller nose and azure eyes. "To equalize our initial alingment as you suggested, lets just say that we share similar interests. The old world for example, we both have a larger than average interest in it, if my source of information was right?" she also seemed to take a brief scan of the gentlemans appearance, not seeing anything that would turn her gaze away yet "And how would your unique way of breaking the tipical Rhino stereotype be a secret? It's your way of acting and your politeness, along with some other features. Most Rhino users are either obsesed with their own greatness or have less self restraint than a undisciplined dog. Then there are the 'edgy' kind, which rarely play their supposed role even remotely decent. Your unique way of standing out is a welcome change"

For the first time during this evening, the man smiled. Not grinned or smirked lopsidedly, but honestly (and most probably involuntarily) displayed the positive emotional rebound. He straightened up, slightly lifted his chin, and spoke,"Teloch Siger, the former sublieutenant of the eight Orokin military task force platoon tagged as the "Maroon Peregrines", and the current station keeper of the "White Tiger Cove" mercenary society at your service," he slightly nodded his head by the end of his sentence, making it clear that the formal introduction ritual was now complete. "Beyond my personal traits that define my behavioral patterns, there is an accurate explanation of this seemingly untypical politeness made by my former superior - senior major Ralph Montgomery. He often used to say that, quote,"Overall politeness is a good - if not vital - company for one's heavy gunnery proficiency", end quote. During my lifetime, for far too often I found his words to contain the seeds of truth and reason". He tilted his head slightly, thinking about a curious detail brought by Melody, "If my memory serves me well, I haven't spoke a word about my attachment to all things antique neither to the honorable hostess nor to the crafty "avian". It means two things: you have more informants that you mentioned previously, and so you definitely succeeded in igniting my curiosity. Perhaps we'll get to the bottom of this," his smile broadened even more, "My interest in the old ways can be elaborated as but clumsy personal attempts to bring at least a simulacrum of the pre-war order via pursuing my line of job. But I bet that a fascinating madam like you has more interesting reasons to be captivated by the Old World and it's ways"

Edited by Teloch

57 minutes ago, KuraioNokami said:

Rae giggled. "I'm sure you could. You seem to be a master of the spell, after all!"

"Well i wouldn't call myself the best but one of the more expert magicans...there isn't many magicans here in the system anyway. Only two i can think of is myself and you"

Just now, crimsonspartan1 said:

"Well i wouldn't call myself the best but one of the more expert magicans...there isn't many magicans here in the system anyway. Only two i can think of is myself and you"

Rae sighed. "I meant you seemed like a master of the Charm spell..."