Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino's Iron Skin

Grimlock84

My suggestion to make iron skin scale with enemies is to multiply the damage taken during the invincibility stage by 2X, 3.5X, 5X, or even more.

Right now one of rhinos biggest problems is he tends not to scale In general and his 2 can only be scaled well with the augment, even then enemies eventually reach a point where even that doesn't help.

The biggest reason for this suggestion is that damage taken during the 2 seconds of invulnerability is damage enemies tend to throw out in just 2 seconds meaning once enemies reach a level where they can shred your base Iron skin you have 4 seconds of armor from iron skin.

Now if the damage iron takes in those 2 seconds gets multiplied you can have 6, 8 or even 10 seconds of armor at all levels

IS just needs to enter the invulnerability/charging period immediately upon casting instead of after a short delay.  Because of the way the AI tracks the player, you have to stop moving well and expose yourself to withering enemy fire in order to charge up the shield optimally.  Most of the time when I try to charge up my IS I either get shot to bits and go down or I hardly charge anything at all because the enemies have trouble adjusting their aim.  Same problem, but even worse, with Nezha's Warding Halo.  I made a thread proposing more responsive behavior for these powers but response was mixed-to-negative, so IDK what to say.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

4 hours ago, AnzeBozic said:

Well all abilities have cast time so there will be always delay. And one pretty obvious solution to that problem you mentioned is aggro mechanic, if well desined that is. Iron skin really should have aggro at absorbtion period.

Doesn't matter if you have aggro or not, because of the way enemies track the player.  Moving around messes their aim up and it takes a second for them to focus fire on you.  This makes it very frustrating to try to maximize IS's absorb amount.  The cast delay also makes it not very useful as a reactive defense skill, which seems to be one of the intended applications.