Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod System Expansion Idea

BloodEmperor

Ok 15 different frames, 3 different sentinels, 75 different weapons and almost 100 different mods with adjustible ranks give us players a great variation to get our individual gear.

While playing I felt something missing in this game......the skills have kind of a too limited use (my opinion).

So i thought:

3 ranks to upgrade an ability feels a bit weak because they get kind of powerless when you reach higher level regions.

Then I came up with the following:

Why not increasing the rank cap of mods............f u c k already denied.....

Then this idea came to me:

When you reach lvl 30 and only as long as you are 30 you can choose one skill as an actual "prime" skill.

What does it....nothing you have to make it something.

After every mission you get the chance to fuse the mods you aquired (and only those) in it with your "prime" mod to upgrade it further. After leaving this window fusing with the prime mod will be disabled again until you finish your next mission.

Then I found myself wondering......why only increase its power.....:

Priming a mod could give it rank 0 for the 5 polarities. Each polarity rank gives it another bonus effect:

V :   Increases power of the skill.

D :   Give it a supporting bonus (eg at the moment nothing happens when you hit an ally with some skills.....).

-- :   Give it a special effect that gives the skill a more tactical usage possibility.

I-  :   .....no plan what to do with that (idea: pet propperties eg shock could summon a ball lightning that damages enemys).

=  :   Give the skill a very unique extra.

Increasing those prime ranks is only possible under the conditions stated at the top.

You know how it works......fuse V polarity mods to increase V polarity rank and so on. ^^

.....all in all it sounds good to me but why only skills? Maybe all mods, even weapon and sentinel mods can get that prime attribute or however it should be called.

How many mods you need for increasing polarityranks and the effects they have for the different skills and mods are sth I need ideas from you the community.... so criticism and ideas are welcomed.

PS: I know my english grammar, spelling and language logic are not mother tongue level :P but I hope you can decipher what I try to say ^^

Edited by BloodEmperor

As I said the skills really lose theyr effectiveness with higher level mobs, eg damage nears 0; the time a unit is under cc is shorter then the time needed to kill the unit etc.

I know that change would make mods more OP then ever but its not something you can do overnight so it seems balanced to me.

Your work is rewarded with the ability to take on higher level mobs a bit more easily.

Mostly nyx and trinity are able to get into the highest levels eg facing level 80 mobs without a tank that can eat tons of damage or a cc frame who gives the rest of the team enough time to kill the bulletsponges and healthmonsters is more like suicide then challange (lvl 60 toxic ancients have enough poison dmg to destroy the pod in endless defense missions within a few seconds by ONLY standing besides them).

Warframe is a great game but only new content over and over again wont help expanding the playtime....some players want to build a strong gear and if they have it they lose interest in the game. My idea will at least expand the time needed to reach that "best gear".

I know many players dont have the time to get something like that.....Real Life sucks sometimes :P but its not impossible to create something to give them the possibility to reach their best gear without spending all of their free time into this game (PS: money is not an option). Maybe the "prime" mod gets charges over time that let you level up one polarization rank for each charge.

As i said only ideas to increase variety and profit for playing longer then 3 weeks. ^^

Edited by BloodEmperor

• 2 weeks later...

i like what your attempting to say here but its kinda off a little . its kind of not taking into account the games growing and there maybe other idease being built up to, anyway your idea is cool. if anyone plays this game and believe they are done in three days then they just need to go to the next distraction .... i love this game and concept so i'm here for a while anyway.

i like what your attempting to say here but its kinda off a little . its kind of not taking into account the games growing and there maybe other idease being built up to, anyway your idea is cool. if anyone plays this game and believe they are done in three days then they just need to go to the next distraction .... i love this game and concept so i'm here for a while anyway.

also

id wait til after the reworks. right now some frames are more powerful then the game has room for. so everything is going to have to be scaled up appropriately to keep the game from having alot of dead content.