The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe FPS drops from 60 FPS to 1 FPS randomly.

Sinlawks

Now when I first played warframe, I had this issue where the games FPS would tank from 60 to 1 every once and a while, which made the game literally unplayable, but with some time i just turned all my settings down to Medium and it seemed perfectly fixed. For at least 2 ~ 3 weeks, the whole game ran at a perfectly solid 60 FPS, not once dropping. Then randomly today, it started dropping in frames again, just like before, to the point where if I even tried doing a mission around my level, I'd die from that frame-stutter. I've tried dropping my settings to the lowest possible setting, but this still happens. It's not because of a massive log of items or anything either, it's just generally everywhere I go. I'm in my ship, it drops, I'm editing my arsenal, it drops, I'm standing perfectly still staring at the floor, it drops. I've tried verifying the caches and optimizing the cache, but to no avail. 

I can not figure out why my game is breaking like this, and nothing seems to be helping. Is there anyone with any knowledge of a fix for this so I can continue playing warframe?

>Edit< I would Really appreciate help with this. It's very very annoying trying to play warframe whilst the game freezes at random moments.

Video of my problem. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMoK-bgPe8A&feature=youtu.be

Edited by DegradedVirus

3 hours ago, BlueCreeper72 said:

yeah ive heard alot of people have this problem... i really hope they fix it soon

It seems to be that sense I switched from the Steam version of Warframe to the normal version of warframe from this website, I'm not crashing anymore.

It's possible that it's steam's fault that Warframe is crashing every so often, as I have heard of youtubers bringing up "Steams interphase messes with warframe"

16 hours ago, DegradedVirus said:

It seems to be that sense I switched from the Steam version of Warframe to the normal version of warframe from this website, I'm not crashing anymore.

It's possible that it's steam's fault that Warframe is crashing every so often, as I have heard of youtubers bringing up "Steams interphase messes with warframe"

actually waiting another 20 hours for the game to install might be worth no more lag

On 4/19/2016 at 3:26 PM, BlueCreeper72 said:

actually waiting another 20 hours for the game to install might be worth no more lag

It only took 2 hours to install the game from the native launcher. Although, yeah, it was definitely worth it. That lag I was getting in the past made it nearly impossible to do half the missions in warframe.

1 hour ago, DegradedVirus said:

It only took 2 hours to install the game from the native launcher. Although, yeah, it was definitely worth it. That lag I was getting in the past made it nearly impossible to do half the missions in warframe.

yeah.. i cant do that now...

my pc is running at half it used to do... so im off of videogames for a bit