Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Tonkor's MR Requirement

Tennonat

It's fine as it is. I assume you're enjoying the weapon, and even if not, others out there do. So whether they get it at MR8 or MR12 should be of no concern to you.

Also it's a shame if people have go Draco things up just to get that MR number to get the weapon they want. It's only a drag to them and it changes nothing for you. 

5 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

It's fine as it is. I assume you're enjoying the weapon, and even if not, others out there do. So whether they get it at MR8 or MR12 should be of no concern to you.

It's a powerful weapon that i think should be used by high ranked players.

10 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

I don't have a problem with low rank players using it, but the mastery should be at least rank 12. Most of the very powerful weapons should be set to 12 to give players a sense of progression, equipment wise.

I fully agree with that.

Just now, Tennonat said:

It's a powerful weapon that i think should be used by high ranked players.

MR does not equal skill! 

It only shows how much of the game you have unlocked. Judging by it is already the stupidest thing in the entire world, so you can see that MR requirements also make little sense. 

If a player wants to have a good weapon and can obtain it via his capabilites of farming and skill then that's enough for the amount of skill he has. 

1 minute ago, Senpai-Valkyr said:

Well, what weapons should they be using then? 

All of them, they're supposed to try them all, define which are their fun weapons, which suit their play style, create their play style and only them find out by themselves which one is the strongest.

What would you think if you reached a generic mmo and you could get the level 200 equips straight away? Think about it in how it would mess with your interest in the game.

7 minutes ago, Tennonat said:

I see, thank you for letting me know, it is a mess indeed

You can quote multiple people in the same post, one could say you're post farming.

20 minutes ago, Tennonat said:

I feel like the Mastery Requirement for the Tonkor should be raised. Almost every low rank player i see is using a Tonkor, I really think the requirement should be Rank 15 / 16. 

Rank 15/16? that is terribly high.

Mastery rank tends not to matter past i'd say about mr9-10, you can only get so good

4 minutes ago, InglriousB said:

MR does not equal skill! 

It only shows how much of the game you have unlocked. Judging by it is already the stupidest thing in the entire world, so you can see that MR requirements also make little sense. 

If a player wants to have a good weapon and can obtain it via his capabilites of farming and skill then that's enough for the amount of skill he has. 

MR does equal skill, for most players at least.

They would be getting experience from the time of ranking up weapons

Just now, Tennonat said:

That would also remove the sense of progression in the game.

So your saying you cant level frames or weapons? Or forma both to fit even bigger mods on? Tell me how on earth progression has anything real effect from MR other than load out slots if MR lock out didnt exist for weapons. 

The game is pretty hard for new players because they don't really know what they're doing , so the tonkor, a market buildable weapon,  is a way for newbies to do harder content. I think the tonkor should have a higher mr requirement but the game should do a better job of introducing newer players to the game

3 minutes ago, Tennonat said:

I have seen someone who was MR who was a total scrub.. Really bad and all around unskilled. While someone stated it CAN give you an idea it by no means is a solid idea of skill. 

1 minute ago, Senpai-Valkyr said:

The game is pretty hard for new players because they don't really know what they're doing , so the tonkor, a market buildable weapon,  is a way for newbies to do harder content. I think the tonkor should have a higher mr requirement but the game should do a better job of introducing newer players to the game

I fully agree that the game is hard for new players, the tutorials aren't much help either but newbies should not be playing "harder" content, as they should stick to the content which they can handle

4 minutes ago, Tennonat said:

MR doesn't equal skill when recruiting channel is all "H Draco need CP leech"/"LF Draco leech with CP". They just breeze through whatever content and mastery walls with a broken system.

No, I stayed at MR5 for 2 years. And if wasn't trying to try the syndicate weapons out, I would just be MR6 by now.

And after leveling all the warframe and weapons out? I stick back to the usual weapon and frame I use.

MR should be removed, not improved to become impedance. 

3 minutes ago, Ziegrif said:

I do agree that the MR gate for Tonkor should be raised.

Mostly because once you get it there's absolutely no reason whatsoever to ever use anything else.

That is one great point, thank you ^u^, tonkor pretty much almost beats all other weapons ingame