Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTF are Arcanes

Gefy

Question

So, I completed the Stolen Dreams quest and I still don't know what the hell are Arcanes and what the Arcane codices do. So, what the hell was the point of the quest?! But, my real question is, what are Arcanes and Arcane Codices? :3 Also, I don't know why I'm so agressive today.

Thankls, Gefy

3 answers to this question

well if your referring to the arcanes that you get from raids those can be equipped on a helmet or syndana of your choosing and it gives you a specific effect(depends on the arcane itself)

other then that its only quest specific stuff that has no place outside of the quest itself

arcane in warframe has many meanings: 

1- Arcane helmets are special helmets that give + and - to some stats. you can only get them through trading 

2- Arcane enchantments are special upgrades that you can get by completing a trial (law of retribution (LoR), LoR nightmare and jordes verdict (JV))   

as for Arcane Codices. little i known about them...but then again, here's the wiki: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Arcane_Codices 

and if you have more questions, just checked the WF wiki. it has most of the info you ask in this thread and other threads 

Arcane enhancements: Items that are obtained through raids (LoR, NM LoR and JV) that can be applied to a helmet or syandana of your choice through the arcane button in the bottom right of your foundry, they provide special buffs that have a chance to activate when certain conditions are met. Arcanes have ranks and can be upgraded through the upgrade menu in the arcane section of your foundry but you need multiples of the same arcane to upgrade (10 of the same arcane is needed to reach the max rank for that arcane) Eg. Arcane ultimatum (On finisher: 100% chance for +60% armour for 40 seconds), Arcane grace (On Damaged: 6% chance for 4% hp regen for 6 seconds)

Arcane helmets: Warframe helmets from the days of old. A long time ago, helmets that were available through alerts gave stat changes, eg. Trinity arcane aura helmet: Power duration +25%, Health max -5%. The best way to think of these are corrupted mods in the form of a cosmetic. They are now unobtainable except by trade because DE thought that tying stats to cosmetics was a bad idea. 

Arcane codices: MacGuffin item used to advance the 'plot' of the stolen dreams quest, you can forget about them.

Edited by Grunt