The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Oberon gets a rework soon...

I can't find feedback forums so move this if it exists.

He needs his healing to be based around damage, as an example, he first ability could be an ability where damage he does is spread out to team mates as 5% health, and 1% shields, effectively allowing Oberon to be a support frame, but his second ability could be an offensive ability based around the well-being of the team, the power can be based around how healthy everyone is, and how long it lasts is based on how much shields everyone has.

This synergy means you can have a very powerful attack based on how much you damage the foes, while supporting the team.

His third ability could give an armour buff to each team mate when damage is taken, this could be split between everyone and won't last long, but the idea is that this will increase survivability when things hit the fan.

His ult should be a combination of all three, if everything is buffed, his ult should be able to have a higher range based on armour, damage based on health, and duration effected by shields. The ultimate could be where Oberon devastates a room full of enemies, filling the survivers with a potential radioactive proc, allowing a room clear very easily if the Oberon focuses on his synergies.

Tell me what you think.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

He is outdone by many frames, namely Trinity, but the idea I presented could make him what he should be, the frame that is equally adept at healing and damaging.

He's supposed to be outdone, if he can heal somewhere as good as trin (Who is ONLY for support) and to also have the damage side would turn Trinity into one of those frames people never use unless she's an EV.

He's supposed to be a Jack-of-all-Trades, and do everything but at a lesser degree.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

He's supposed to be outdone, if he can heal somewhere as good as trin (Who is ONLY for support) and to also have the damage side would turn Trinity into one of those frames people never use unless she's an EV.

He's supposed to be a Jack-of-all-Trades, and do everything but at a lesser degree.

But that is his problem, he can a jack-of-all-trades, that's fine, but the abilities he has fall off too easy for actual use later game.

Just now, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Except for blessing, exalted blade, hysteria in certain situations, shadow of the dead, chaos, funnily enough, Oberon's smite if you enjoy single target chaos, Ember's ultimate, snow globe, shield, Spores, Miasma, etc.

We must have different definitions of "Late-game"

And sense when was Blessing a damage ability? Both Hysteria and Exalted Blade will fall off in "Late-game", the only reason they do better than other abilities is because they scale with melee mods, and that doesn't even stop them from not being able to do anything in terms of damage.

And we're talking about DAMAGE abilites, so why mention Chaos? It's CC

Embers ultimate doesn't do much in terms of damage in Late-game, can't do much past lvl 50 or so. Same for Frost's Snowglobe, it gets completely shredded because of how the enemies scale in late game, and it isn't even a damage ability so I don't know why you're bringing it up.

Same for Spores and Miasma, they both will deal crap damage in late-game, the only reason spores is so good is because it deals viral procs everywhere, which DO scale.

Oberon is fine where he is, as he was intended. Sure, his damage abilities don't scale well, like everyone's but he does have some utility, if you know how to play him right that is.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

Except for blessing, exalted blade, hysteria in certain situations, shadow of the dead, chaos, funnily enough, Oberon's smite if you enjoy single target chaos, Ember's ultimate, snow globe, shield, Spores, Miasma, etc.

All the damaging abilities you just mentioned do fall off.

Oberon doesn't need a rework, just a few QoL tweaks to his 2 and 3. His 2 is awkward to make use of, it should preferably be a circular aura around him or at least be a circle instead of a rectangle. His 3 takes too long to reach a target he needs to heal, it should be much faster or be instant.

I'd like to see travel time removed on Renewal, and for it to not autotoggle off when you're fully healed, though I can see how a Rage/strength build could be absolutely, utterly broken with that. 

Other than that, I just finished putting my fifth forma in him (body ready for Feyarch!!!!), and I think his kit's quite decent.  He, Nyx, and a few others are, in my opinion, actually balanced just about perfectly.  CC's there, but it's not an absolute lockdown CC (though Smite spam is cheap enough that you can lock every heavy if you can aim).  Makes for great, rewarding gameplay.  Personally, I get a huge sense of enjoyment out of using him, for the exact reason that you don't win in the Arsenal with him.  

Also, at least against Infested, he scales forever.  Being able to reliably switch off Ancient auras and prevent knockdowns is unbelievably useful.  It was what got me, and the three randoms I was with, through the Ammo Drum Gift of the Lotus.

Spoiler

OH HAI THAR PUR

1 minute ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

We must have different definitions of "Late-game"

And sense when was Blessing a damage ability? Both Hysteria and Exalted Blade will fall off in "Late-game", the only reason they do better than other abilities is because they scale with melee mods, and that doesn't even stop them from not being able to do anything in terms of damage.

And we're talking about DAMAGE abilites, so why mention Chaos? It's CC

Embers ultimate doesn't do much in terms of damage in Late-game, can't do much past lvl 50 or so. Same for Frost's Snowglobe, it gets completely shredded because of how the enemies scale in late game, and it isn't even a damage ability so I don't know why you're bringing it up.

Same for Spores and Miasma, they both will deal crap damage in late-game, the only reason spores is so good is because it deals viral procs everywhere, which DO scale.

Oberon is fine where he is, as he was intended. Sure, his damage abilities don't scale well, like everyone's but he does have some utility, if you know how to play him right that is.

OK, what I was doing was mentioning abilities because Oberon is not a lure damage frame, I referred to ALL of his abilities as falling off.

So you acting like you shut me down, yeah, Oberon's only damaging abilities fall off at level 20. 10/10 frame.

Besides, exalted blade and hysteria can scale to sortie level enemies, and since that is late-game, they don't fall off as much as Oberon.

Also someone isn't playing Saryn right, because Miasma is incredibly powerful. You just need to learn her abilities synergize.

9 minutes ago, Zachatoo said:

All the damaging abilities you just mentioned do fall off.

Oberon doesn't need a rework, just a few QoL tweaks to his 2 and 3. His 2 is awkward to make use of, it should preferably be a circular aura around him or at least be a circle instead of a rectangle. His 3 takes too long to reach a target he needs to heal, it should be much faster or be instant.

Yes but not as harshly as Oberon. Have you ever seen an Oberon be of use in a sortie? Probably not.

OK, what I was doing was mentioning abilities because Oberon is not a lure damage frame, I referred to ALL of his abilities as falling off.

So you acting like you shut me down, yeah, Oberon's only damaging abilities fall off at level 20. 10/10 frame.

Besides, exalted blade and hysteria can scale to sortie level enemies, and since that is late-game, they don't fall off as much as Oberon.

Also someone isn't playing Saryn right, because Miasma is incredibly powerful. You just need to learn her abilities synergize.

Not all aspects of his abilities fall-off, the rad procs from his abilities and the blind on surviving enemies for example. Fall off completely at lvl 20? You must play/mod him wrong, because him at least kills Ceres level enemies no problem.

Like I said, both Hysteria and EB scale into late game even though being "Damage" abilites because they have access to mods on your melee. They can take advantage of elemental mods and utility mods like berserker. But just like every other damage ability in this game, they WILL fall off. You must not have fought high enough level to see that happen.

I know how her abilities synergize, I've been playing this game for a long time and have a massed a quite a bit of knowledge. And said knowledge also tells me where she can't excel. Go in the simulacrum and try to kill a "Late-game" enemy.... It won't work.

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Not all aspects of his abilities fall-off, the rad procs from his abilities and the blind on surviving enemies for example. Fall off completely at lvl 20? You must play/mod him wrong, because him at least kills Ceres level enemies no problem.

Like I said, both Hysteria and EB scale into late game even though being "Damage" abilites because they have access to mods on your melee. They can take advantage of elemental mods and utility mods like berserker. But just like every other damage ability in this game, they WILL fall off. You must not have fought high enough level to see that happen.

I know how her abilities synergize, I've been playing this game for a long time and have a massed a quite a bit of knowledge. And said knowledge also tells me where she can't excel. Go in the simulacrum and try to kill a "Late-game" enemy.... It won't work.

Yeah because late-game is the same as end-game, where you start to fight level 135's.

Also smite is awful, why would you run up to a level 135 enemy to radiation proc it, when it's friends can kill you in a second?

Miasma can do 6000 damage per second, combined with the price of each toxin, you kill everything.

Yeah because late-game is the same as end-game, where you start to fight level 135's.

Also smite is awful, why would you run up to a level 135 enemy to radiation proc it, when it's friends can kill you in a second?

Miasma can do 6000 damage per second, combined with the price of each toxin, you kill everything.

Smite has it's uses.

And about what you're saying about Miasma... That's not true...

15 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

Same for Spores and Miasma, they both will deal crap damage in late-game,

lol

31 minutes ago, (XB1)DataStorm 8Bit said:

He is outdone by many frames, namely Trinity, but the idea I presented could make him what he should be, the frame that is equally adept at healing and damaging.

Your proposed changes would make having a Trin on the team mean his abilities are always at full effectiveness, I know your suggestions are there to try and synergize his own abilities together but a trin can keep shields/health at max near indefinitely if you know how to play her which mean there isn't much synergy, just boosted abilities.

Or heck, even Inaros at this point, I can't agree or disagree with Oberon needing a rework since I don't use him much but your changes wouldn't work as well as you'd think.

Not every frame is intended to be full lockdown CC or high dmg, his carpet ability (whatever its called) removed procs, that is much needed in late game.  Certainly his healing seems like it needs a buff when you compare it to trinity since her healing has no range and is instant.  But his other abilities work rather well from my pitiful knowledge of him and based on feedback of those who do use him.

3 minutes ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I haven't seen a Oberon in a sortie, but I have used him, and I didn't have a problem. 

And it was solo.

Proof please because I highly doubt you soloed it with a jack of all trades as you said earlier, master of nothing, so has no role it can fill in the game without falling off. Oberon has a single target radiation proc, WOW, that will help with the other 150 enemies. Also his ult is close-range, so it's pretty much a 'shoot me'

1 minute ago, Xekrin said:

lol

Your proposed changes would make having a Trin on the team mean his abilities are always at full effectiveness, I know your suggestions are there to try and synergize his own abilities together but a trin can keep shields/health at max near indefinitely if you know how to play her which mean there isn't much synergy, just boosted abilities.

Or heck, even Inaros at this point, I can't agree or disagree with Oberon needing a rework since I don't use him much but your changes wouldn't work as well as you'd think.

Not every frame is intended to be full lockdown CC or high dmg, his carpet ability (whatever its called) removed procs, that is much needed in late game.  Certainly his healing seems like it needs a buff when you compare it to trinity since her healing has no range and is instant.  But his other abilities work rather well from my pitiful knowledge of him and based on feedback of those who do use him.

Fair criticism and not opinionated garbage? What is this?

Proof please because I highly doubt you soloed it with a jack of all trades as you said earlier, master of nothing, so has no role it can fill in the game without falling off. Oberon has a single target radiation proc, WOW, that will help with the other 150 enemies. Also his ult is close-range, so it's pretty much a 'shoot me'

I don't have proof on me, so you'll have to take my word for it (But you probably won't) 

I know how to use the Tree Man ;3

Just now, PUR3K1LL3R said:

How do you build her then hmm?

Care to enlighten me? I'm in the simulacrum right now to test it.

Alright then, tell me how your amazing Oberon can scale endlessly wityb it's OP build then maybe I'll tell you about spore saryn which totally isn't a common build that you obviously ignored because you probably sold her when she was no longer a press 4 to win frame.