The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fully Polarized Frame, Would You Get The Prime And Do It Over Again?

weezedog

Now that forma is here, if you spent the time and effort to polarize every empty slot in your frame leveling it to 30 each time, and a prime version came out of your frame, would you spend the time to get the prime version, all the formas, and do it all over again just for a cosmetic difference?

I think this becomes a valid question now and an issue since primes are not skins of existing frames but entirely different frames. Or should maybe getting the prime completed also unlock the skin for use on your exisiting frame?

Edited by weezedog

I would do it for both my Ash and Vauban, but it would be different setups between the normal and prime. I like the work and having that goal to finish my weapons and Warframes, even if I am repeating the process on the same frame with just a modified visual appearance and minor party buff. Primes sort of feel like trophies to me.

I'm still not sure why anyone would need more than 3 forma for a warframe.

To switch out and use different skills for different missions, some of those skills would have to go in wrong polarity slots, costing a lot more. This becomes a problem when all your other mods are max level and you want to continue to use them at the same time.

To switch out and use different skills for different missions, some of those skills would have to go in wrong polarity slots, costing a lot more. This becomes a problem when all your other mods are max level and you want to continue to use them at the same time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but a forma can turn an ability slot to a V or - or D or a blank spot?

cant think of a single reason why you would do that.

regardless of mod build you can reliably expect to take certain mods. and in some cases reliably NOT take certain mods (like a skill slot with a frame that only has 3 good ones). while still leaving enough mod power and black polar slots to adjust for just about any configuration you can think of.

save for some extreme builds that are overkill regardless.

this is especially true considering that some polarities are very flexible like the - polarity.

this is actually also true with guns. as only guns with no polarities at all require the most formas but cap out at 4. 5 if you just HAVE to max all of the most high cost mods. many guns cap out their damage already with a potato.

Please then, if you don't mind, show me a situation where you would need to change or add more than 3 spots.

I need and have polarized all 4 blank spots. All mods are maxed.

Tesla=3

Continuity in "=" spot=11

Bastille=5

Vortex=7

Focus=6

Redirection=7

Vitality=6

Flow=5

Streamline=5

Stretch=5

Equals 60 exactly and requires all blank slots to be polarized.

I use an Excalibur Prime with Redirection, Vitality, Fast deflection, Focus, Flow, Continuity, Slash dash, Radial blind, Radial javelin all maxed in polarized slots. Last one free for other mods (now with Quick rest, in the future I will see what to put there if new mods will come).

Without all (or all minus one at least) slots polarized you just CAN'T do serious sets with your Warframe.

I need and have polarized all 4 blank spots. All mods are maxed.

Tesla=3

Continuity in "=" spot=11

Bastille=5

Vortex=7

Focus=6

Redirection=7

Vitality=6

Flow=5

Streamline=5

Stretch=5

Equals 60 exactly and requires all blank slots to be polarized.

1. Change your ability slot to a "V"

2. Change a blank slot to a "D"

3. Change a blank slot to another "D"

4. Change a blank slot to a "-"

" Tesla, - Flow, D Redirection, D Vitality, " Bastille

V Continuity, V Focus, - Stretch, Streamline, " Vortex

3+5+7+5+6+5+7+6+5+9 = 58 points spent

But you were right. You did need more than 3...

Edited by Archistopheles

I only polarize my Primes.

I recommend waiting for Primes to be out before polarizing frames.

Assuming you like all the skills of the frame and the given polarities,

you only need 2 polarization attempts to allow for all mods on the frame to be maxed out on a Prime frame.