The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Update 8 And The Fps Issues With It!

Lurax

So ever since update 8 came Ive been having massive FPS issues. I made a previous topic about it and some players sai that disableing the HDR Solves the problem . . . but it doesnt.
Update 8 need to be checked about the FPS issues that coased and hot fix in my opinion. There is just no way that from 60 FPS with 3 other players in every map to go to 30 FPS and even lower since the new Update there is absolutley No @(*()$ way that that is normal.

This is one of the few times when the phrase "It's a beta" is actually applicable. The game's engine is not fully optimized and each person's PC is different to the next one's, so it's hard to make an update that improves performance for every player out there.

I got an increase in FPS with U8. If it's a consistent issue the best way of getting it fixed is contacting Warframe support.

Here are some of the areas Im getting FPS drop ever since the new Update 8:
Whenever I go to Mods whenever its for The Prime Gun, The Secondery Gun, The Sword and The Warframe. Massive FPS drop.
Whenever browsing trough the Market Foundry just about everything.
Whenever selecting diffrent planets for missions and what so ever.
Ingame Inside a mission on w/e map no matter if Im alone or with other players.

This is just stupid! Update 7 was running fine and now its just big pile of S#&$. I didnt change my graphics to higher I didnt do anything just the FPS issue came with the last update.

PLEASE FIX The Problem

Edited by Lurax

This is one of the few times when the phrase "It's a beta" is actually applicable. The game's engine is not fully optimized and each person's PC is different to the next one's, so it's hard to make an update that improves performance for every player out there.

I got an increase in FPS with U8. If it's a consistent issue the best way of getting it fixed is contacting Warframe support.

What is U8 and where or how can I get it ?

I've also had tons of FPS drops mainly with the water effects, they added tons of layers on to it make it reflective. These cannot be affected by turning off local reflections or other options like that, i turned everything of and the water lags me to death. Like the new outer terminus map the water surrounding the pod, i cant go near it without lagging, this wasn't an issue before update 8. Also the void destroys my frames, i never had a problem with this, which makes it weird.

Here are some of the areas Im getting FPS drop ever since the new Update 8:

Whenever I go to Mods whenever its for The Prime Gun, The Secondery Gun, The Sword and The Warframe. Massive FPS drop.

Whenever browsing trough the Market Foundry just about everything.

Whenever selecting diffrent planets for missions and what so ever.

Ingame Inside a mission on w/e map no matter if Im alone or with other players.

This is just stupid! Update 7 was running fine and now its just big pile of S#&$. I didnt change my graphics to higher I didnt do anything just the FPS issue came with the last update.

PLEASE FIX The Problem

May I ask what kind of PC you are running since it sounds weak.

May I ask what kind of PC you are running since it sounds weak.

Im playing on a lap Top.

CPU Intel Core i7 Quard Core 3 Ghz Each

8 GB ram

750 GB HDD

Video AMD Radeon 7600 2 GB

The Video sucks but I had no problems with the prev update

They addressed performance issues in livestream #6 I think. You're just going to have to deal with the bad performance until they decide to optimize it a little more. I personally don't have too serious issues and I have a lesser system. There are spikes of lag but its nothing that makes the game unplayable.

Im playing on a lap Top.

CPU Intel Core i7 Quard Core 3 Ghz Each

8 GB ram

750 GB HDD

Video AMD Radeon 7600 2 GB

The Video sucks but I had no problems with the prev update

Well that is interesting. I have a gaming PC and a laptop and the specs of my laptop are similar to yours but it seems I run a lot better than you if I read what you were describing. Are you sure there is not something wrong with your laptop?

EDIT: Im running everything on lowest settings btw. Except for resolution. On my laptop that is lol

Edited by R3leaZ

I get no FPS issues but then again I did not buy an OEM (supposed gaming branded) computer from Worst Buy or Crapmart.

i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz (faster speed increases overall performance.. no brainer)

Nvidia 660ti factory OC'd (who buys AMD these days.. seriously LOL?)

16GB of Corsair Platinum (makes my epeen grow approx two inches while gaming)

Edited by CrunkTanium

I get no FPS issues but then again I did not buy an OEM (supposed gaming branded) computer from Worst Buy or Crapmart.

i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghz (faster speed increases overall performance.. no brainer)

Nvidia 660ti factory OC'd (who buys AMD these days.. seriously LOL?)

16GB of Corsair Platinum (makes my epeen grow approx two inches while gaming)

Custom build here too >:D

I am also getting periodic FPS drop. sometimes in the menus, sometimes in the game. Somethings not right when the menu is sometimes 200fps and other times it's 20fps. In-game my usually framerate is around 45-60fps, but sometimes when I start a game it will be around 15-20 for a while, sometimes cleaning up after a while, but occasionally staying that way.

edited for spelling

Edited by HomeyCDawg

Well that is interesting. I have a gaming PC and a laptop and the specs of my laptop are similar to yours but it seems I run a lot better than you if I read what you were describing. Are you sure there is not something wrong with your laptop?

EDIT: Im running everything on lowest settings btw. Except for resolution. On my laptop that is lol

Im running everything on Medium and I didnt have a problem untill Update 8

Im running everything on Medium and I didnt have a problem untill Update 8

Hmm it seems my fps on my gaming PC is a lot lower now after update 8. Never noticed. I always used to play at atleast 90fps or higher but now it's around 60-70fps EDIT: And sometimes even dipping down in the 30s D:

Edited by R3leaZ

Yeah well anyone knows how we can connect Warframe support ? I dont rly think any Admins/ Developers will read this untill we shove them in their face

They already know about the performance issues though. Im pretty sure they have said it though I forgot the source.

warframe runs nicely on my healthy (no virus, no malware etc) win7 64 bit, ati 6470m, 4gb ram

almost 60 fps on every area, with 1366x768 resolution and lowest setting though

have you tried turned off the vertical sync? my vsync setting suddenly turned on a few months ago after a big update which made the fps goes really bad

Edited by valkrein

So ever since update 8 came Ive been having massive FPS issues. I made a previous topic about it and some players sai that disableing the HDR Solves the problem . . . but it doesnt.

Update 8 need to be checked about the FPS issues that coased and hot fix in my opinion. There is just no way that from 60 FPS with 3 other players in every map to go to 30 FPS and even lower since the new Update there is absolutley No @(*()$ way that that is normal.

Same here, i got a huge FPS drop (and a lot of stuttering) since the last hotfixes, everything was smooth before... I hope that DE will fix that asap.

OK guys I had the sam problem.

I'm runing a gtx mobile gpu on win8 64. And I have had alot of trubble with any nvidia driver newer than 314.22.

It seems my nvidia drivers had updated them selves for my "convienience" again.

So uninstall and delete all nvidia and install 314.22 again. voila no sluggish lag anymore. :D ....again....

I also have FPS issues and had none in the previous version of the game, it's so bad that my client crashes mid mission, causing much frustration when trying to farm, I turned every setting off to help and it has a bit, but it still happens to a point that I know its not my computer.