Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Channeling, a simple concept change.

ArganVain

I call it simple because it could make the whole "modding" probably more simple.

Instead of draining energy each hit, making some weapons devastating and others utterly useless, channeling could drain energy over time, like a toggle ability of a warframe, making the energy cost balanced all over the melee arsenal.

Channeling mods, this way, will rise the cost over time regardless of the hits a weapon can make, exactly to avoid weapons like the Fang Prime to empty the energy bar or a Trinity Prime in a nano second and making Jat Kittags one hit wonders.

This could open the possibility to create or modify certain weapon by focusing them on the melee channeling option or hybridization (like low base damage and high channel multipliers) and expanding the limit of melee channel modding.

Of course this will require a bit of rebalance of some other weapons (like nerfing the channel damage multiplies on some fast weapons, for combo multiplier compatibility), but the possibility of the creation of energy melee weapons will be real, right? xD

I know, this idea is so simple that probably it was already proposed time ago, but it doesn't hurt trying.

Tell me if i forgot any important part, i wanted to leave it as simple as possible to avoid nerd raging on numbers.

22 hours ago, ArganVain said:

channeling could drain energy over time, like a toggle ability of a warframe, making the energy cost balanced all over the melee arsenal.

Channeling mods, this way, will rise the cost over time regardless of the hits a weapon can make, exactly to avoid weapons like the Fang Prime to empty the energy bar or a Trinity Prime in a nano second and making Jat Kittags one hit wonders.

This could open the possibility to create or modify certain weapon by focusing them on the melee channeling option or hybridization (like low base damage and high channel multipliers) and expanding the limit of melee channel modding.

Of course this will require a bit of rebalance of some other weapons (like nerfing the channel damage multiplies on some fast weapons, for combo multiplier compatibility), but the possibility of the creation of energy melee weapons will be real, right? xD

I know, this idea is so simple that probably it was already proposed time ago, but it doesn't hurt trying.

Thats a pretty Good Idea.

latest?cb=20131127110654

You're wrong in the very root of the idea.

What it's like now:

A weapon gets high damage and empties the gauge upon hit

What you want it to be:
A weapon will drain energy all the time, meaning you can deal 2-3 times more damage however the hell you want, provided there's any energy source

How is it going to balance anything? It's not balancing anything, it's buffing everything equally.

2 hours ago, Transformau5 said:

You're wrong in the very root of the idea.

What it's like now:

A weapon gets high damage and empties the gauge upon hit

What you want it to be:
A weapon will drain energy all the time, meaning you can deal 2-3 times more damage however the hell you want, provided there's any energy source

How is it going to balance anything? It's not balancing anything, it's buffing everything equally.

But at the moment you cannot control your energy management at all, like using Life Strike while under the effect of Berserk and draining hundreds of energy 'cause that "click" ended up hitting multiple times.

All the "balancing" i mentioned was about the possibility to manage energy more easily during the channeling, but OF COURSE dropping down some stats 'cause it would end up making certain weapons OP as hell, thing that i clearly mentioned at the end of the topic.

For example (not as i want it, but just to be clear), Life Strike has the health steal dropped to 3% each hit, while the energy consumption over time doubled (+100%) and after this i add a Quickening that speeds me up only while channeling and make me drain even more energy; now every weapon "not made for channeling" will have an high base energy drain while channeling, while other melee weapons aimed for that will drain less, but with worse stats to be compensated by channeling mods, so a normal melee would drain so much energy that you would have to always activate the channel at a proper time, but the results will be stronger than the channeled melee weapon, which will have a more easy management of energy and different effects, but with less impact.

My main interest is to make a distinct difference between normal melee and channeled melee, keeping both powers at the same level, but the channeling more about "wielding" your energy through the sword to create unique effects (that will not be op of course!).

1 hour ago, Transformau5 said:

Wouldn't that require too much nerfing?

Yeah, as much as they are doing now with Conclave, so tons of weapons now that are useless at medium-high level missions will have a comeback.

Wouldn't you desire a "real" energy weapon that make sense? 

10 hours ago, Transformau5 said:

If you mean the current energy channeling economy, I think it's fair. You deal 2-3 times of normal damage for some energy cost. If you use it so much that you think it should be changed, then my guess is that you use weapons that are too weak.

i am not talking about damage.