Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Symbol On The Shoulder

connek

while i was playing today offline on wareframe.(i was playing the first level on venus). i noticed a strange symbol on my warframes shoulder(my warframe was excalibur). it looked kind of like the lotus icon except it had the lettersd n, g and the others i forgot. could this mean something. i want to know wat u think

Edited by connek

They don't have alphabet characters in anything discernible, they're in tenno or orokin or whatever language they speak/write with. The texture on the shoulder gets stretched out of proportion, but pretty sure it's the lotus symbol with some stylized design under it.

It's on several, but not all of the Frames. I think it's meant to bet something of a Unit Badge.

2013-06-02_00002_zps4528990a.jpg

Edit: I think *not* having them on all the Frames may have been an oversight. Personally I feel like they should be on all Frames, and even be a different colour tag from the part that they appear on, say tint #4?

Edited by Neuhnee

On the American Army uniform, a soldier can choose to display any previous unit they have served with in this spot. The same spot on your left shoulder is for the unit you are currently assigned to. It's easy to remember because in a fight the %98 of us who are right handed will present our left shoulders to our opponents as if the badge there is saying 'this is who I am', while our right shoulders are behind us as if to say 'this is where I come from'. Remember, Loyalty is the Essential Duty of the Soldier.

Vauban has a symbol on his right shoulder, but it is far less detailed than the one on Excalibur.

Im wondering if you are playing on low settings since they are quite detailed for me. This game occasionally gets stuck in low res textures and a restart would fix that. The symbols on Vauban seem familiar to the symbols on Loki's left leg.

EDIT: Oh I see Vauban also has 2 symbols on both legs LOL

Edited by R3leaZ

Im wondering if you are playing on low settings since they are quite detailed for me. This game occasionally gets stuck in low res textures and a restart would fix that. The symbols on Vauban seem familiar to the symbols on Loki's left leg.

EDIT: Oh I see Vauban also has 2 symbols on both legs LOL

Didn't notice the ones on his legs, and I play on medium settings. By less detailed, I meant it's more of a partial flower with two tilde-like lines. Excalibur's looks like two layered flowers with two lines protruding and fancy designs the middle. I doubt my settings would take away details on this tattoo-like imprint?

Didn't notice the ones on his legs, and I play on medium settings. By less detailed, I meant it's more of a partial flower with two tilde-like lines. Excalibur's looks like two layered flowers with two lines protruding and fancy designs the middle. I doubt my settings would take away details on this tattoo-like imprint?

2 symbols on both top-shoulders, 2 symbols on frontal top-legs and 2 symbols on his buttcape (lol). They all look very sharp too me o: 

2 symbols on both top-shoulders, 2 symbols on frontal top-legs and 2 symbols on his buttcape (lol). They all look very sharp too me o:

I only noticed the one on his shoulder because of zooming on pistols. It is very obvious, too. Ijust never looked elsewhere for more imprints. I will definitely look for those once I am back from vacation though, thanks for pointing them out. :3

Also, if each Warframe has a different symbol, could it also be their name in some kind of Orokin language? They look very similar to the elaborate designs in the Void (and yes, I know we are connected to the Orokin, which is why I ask).

On the American Army uniform, a soldier can choose to display any previous unit they have served with in this spot. The same spot on your left shoulder is for the unit you are currently assigned to. It's easy to remember because in a fight the %98 of us who are right handed will present our left shoulders to our opponents as if the badge there is saying 'this is who I am', while our right shoulders are behind us as if to say 'this is where I come from'. Remember, Loyalty is the Essential Duty of the Soldier.

That's... not actually true for the American Army. The right shoulder just has the flag. The left is for unit patches.

That said, it would be cool if the right shoulder always had the Lotus/Tenno symbol and the left shoulder had a guild symbol, for the reasons you point out.