The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Slide is buggy W/Xbox one controller

komji

So I am one of the few players who uses a controller on warframe for PC.  Previously I used an xbox 360 controller and it worked fine until it died. I am now using an xbox one controller however it is really buggy when I try to slide ( which is the LB button). Does anyone know of a way to fix this? it works but for some reason i have to press lb really hard for it to work. it does register the button press though because I can still roll whenever i want. 

Yes, you are alone with gamepad gaming on pc.... ....just kidding :) I'm also using xb1 controller with warframe.

But back to the topic: I'm not sure how well you know the structure of xb1 - it's bit different compared to xb360. And I'm not sure did you know this already but I'll give it a shot:

Xbox 360 bumper is a button where the switches are located inside of the body in frontal part of the gamepad. It's just like pressing a keyboard button.
N9XjfzU.jpg

With XB1 controller you have a lever mechanism that you need to press from the outer edge. The switches are located bit deeper in the body and closer to menu/select buttons.
DDA0Rep.jpg

I had some difficulties with the controller while playing Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain and where you needed to use binoculars for long periods of time. I was so frustrated and angry. Than I figured out that instead of using the fingertip of my index finger I can just roll my finger over the edge of the bumper.

Edited by carnaga

• 4 weeks later...

Ok. So now I experienced the same issue that the shoulder buttons do not react properly. This controller is almost an year old so prolly it's because the levers have become loose <-- its a mechanical system that eventually wear off.

What I did is I put narrow slice of sticky tape between the levers and the actual switch. On left shoulder button I used two tape layers.

To do this I needed to open my controller and carefully pull the shoulder levers out. I attached the tapes to the levers, not to the switch.

All good for now.

Edited by carnaga