Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embracing Focus Ways in other games

Artekkor

With Second Dream we got introduced to Focus Ways - not just a gameplay mechanic, but also a representation of Tenno's fighting style, a war philosophy.

When reading through their description my choice was pre-determined - i chose Unairu for their philosophy of outstanding the enemy, taking the hits without a flinch, without moving, like a mountain (which also represents Unairu as it's emblem).

At first Focus Ways were exclusively associated with Warframe for me. But with time a started realising something - it is not. I don't just follow Unairu Ways in Warframe. I follow it ANYWHERE where i can.

If there is a choice to be made what my character must be - i most likely choose the one with biggest armor, with biggest health pool. Hell, it's not even has to be a gameplay mechanic, just being someone who looks heavy armored is good enough already.

I intentionally avoid characters with high "risk-reward" ratio, so called "Glass Cannons". Mages, characters that die in 1-2 hits - those are most likely to be ignored by me, because i prefer to take my time and having second chances in a fight, than put it all on my ability to kill enemy faster than him being able to even aknowledge my pressence.

In short: i prefer characters that combine  both power and durability in trade of fancy stuff like speed or special abilities. Half-Literally a Tank - not only with big armor, but with a big gun too.

Ogre Titan in Titanfall.

Demo Knight (with 50% resistances to fire and explosions) or Heavy in Team Fortress 2.

Knights (especially the ones with plate-armor) in any fantasy games.

Ofcource sometimes i change my style to lighting-fast characters like Weaver in DOTA2, because being fast is often more fun than being fat. But those are rare exceptions. I still hate mages though. F**k magic!

So, what about you? Does your Focus Way fits you? Do you embrace Your Focus Way anywhere else besides Warframe?