Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

recent window mode issues

Insizer

Question

I play Warframe in windowed mode for the frame rate and so that I can access my regular screen when I alt+tab to the steam overlay GUI. However recently I've had problems which I've never had in the more than a year of playing in windowed mode. Before, my mouse was bound within the window, meaning that moving it around (like when aiming) won't allow it to move over onto the rest of my desktop and allow for me to click on things when zooming in or firing. This is how my game starts out upon starting the game up... until I press any non-movement key in the middle of playing (like 'e' for melee). This causes my mouse to become unbound from the window, allowing me to interact with my desktop, freezing all input to the game. I've died multiple times due to this and it is getting quite irritating. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone know what is suddenly causing this? Does anyone know how to fix this (besides going to fullscreen mode)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Way too many possibilities for a quick and simple answer. I would start with stuff like did Steam update recently and is it being run as administrator? 

Most issues where something stops working like it had, typically come down to that. After the update the program is considered "new" for whatever reason and doesn't have the same permissions. Which in turn means it acts funny.

Edited by Wopel