Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Admit, I Had My Doubts On Forma Before...

BinoAl

how unwise to waste forma this way.

Future weapons will all be needing formas to craft.

Have fun using this "overpowered"(Is there really anything that a max out hek can't kill?Does difficulty even exist?) weapon when everyone out there is using shiny new weapons that has 10x more fun mechanics in the future.

Please provide me with more amazing insight into all of DE's future plans for Warframe weaponry.

Hmmmm I got Latron to level 30 and I was not impressed, and sold it as soon as it reached L30. I see Latron Prime has higher damage than Latro, but I still don't get why some people love it so much, compared to weapons like Boltor, Gorgon, or Supra.

Supreme ammo conservation, accuracy , massive damage per hit. 2-3 shotting lvl 40+ancients is a dream come true.

After leveling this up to 30 for the last time (And maxing a few mods, of course), this will be a long range WMD :) I'll be able to hit up to 4400 per shot, before taking weaknesses and resistances into account.

Just curious, would you mind doing out the math quickly? Im failing to come up with 4400 before weaknesses.

Please go and run defense missions past waves 40 on Pluto, before stating theres no need to  forma your weapons,.. :)

Damn Right... you could drop your entire Despair AMMO into a Corpus Tech and he'll still be standing.

I still feel like Forma aren't as accessible as I had imagined them being, but I guess it really is all about DE's expectation management. Warframe consumes content way too fast, I just hope they find more efficient ways to handle it.

Please go and run defense missions past waves 40 on Pluto, before stating theres no need to  forma your weapons,.. :)

And why would you run past wave 40 on pluto?

Do you need that e-peen posting on forum that you made it there? 

WOAH LOOK AT ME, ME AND MY BROS MADE IT TO WAVE 100?! WOW, I'M BETTER THAN YOU!

Doing that in a pve game?pve?PVE?

O and btw one word : NYX

Edited by Minaide

Just curious, would you mind doing out the math quickly? Im failing to come up with 4400 before weaknesses.

That's assuming both shots from multishot are crits. I don't have the time to type it out right now, but basically:

BaseDamage*(1+serration%)=X

X*(BaseCritDamage%*(1+critdamage%))=Y

Y*(1+elementaldamage%)= each element's damage

Y*(1+piercingdamage%)= piercing damage

Add 'em up and double it for multishot :)

Edited by BinoAl

Question for the OP: seeing as you have a maxed Eagle Eye mod there, does that make the Latron Prime zoom in as far the Vulkar, or is it even farther?

It zooms in pretty far. I haven't used vulkar too much, but it zooms in far enough to pick off corpus crewmen from across the biggest corpus defense map, which is certainly good enough for my purposes :)

That's assuming both shots from multishot are crits. I don't have the time to type it out right now, but basically:

BaseDamage*(1+serration%)=X

X*(BaseCritDamage%*(1+critdamage%))=Y

Y*(1+elementaldamage%)= each element's damage

Y*(1+piercingdamage%)= piercing damage

Add 'em up and double it for multishot :)

I did that, didn't come close to 4400.

45* 1+1.65 = 119.25

119.25 * (1.5 * (1+1.2)) = 393.5

393.5 * (0.9) = 354 (x3) = 1062  ***

393.5 * (0.6) = 236

1691.5 x 2 = 3383.

***(This may be where your flaw came, 90% bonus elemental damage does not make you multiply by 1.9 per element. It's only .9 per)

Edited by NessOnett

I did that, didn't come close to 4400.

45* 1+1.65 = 119.25

119.25 * (1.5 * (1+1.2)) = 393.5

393.5 * (0.9) = 354 (x3) = 1062  ***

393.5 * (0.6) = 236

1691.5 x 2 = 3383.

***(This may be where your flaw came, 90% bonus elemental damage does not make you multiply by 1.9 per element. It's only .9 per)

Ah right, that was just a typo (I think). Lemme go find where I worked it out, I have it written somewhere...

EDIT:

Alright, I ended up with 119.25 base damage, 107.325 elemental damage, and 71.55 piercing damage. All before crits were added. Then, I added them up, and that was 512.775 for a single, non-crit shot. So, for crits, it was the base 150% +(150%*120%), for 330%.

330% * 512.775 was 2204.9325, and for both shots, it was 4409.865.

How is crit damage calculated, exactly? If it is additive instead of multiplicative, that would explain the difference

Edited by BinoAl

yeah, nvm I just ran the crit build on the calc, it's 5 polarities allright.

Yeah, I use puncture on my cube so it needs that extra polarity over the crit. I'm not sure what the cube's crit rate is so I didn't want to use those mods on it.

Before I reset I had added 5 polarity slots on my Hek with all mods maxed.  After the 5th polarity I had a few extra points left over, but with 4 polarity slots I was just shy of being able to fit all my maxed mods.

I also had a 3 polarity slotted Fraggor... that was fun.

Post reset I am only on 1st slot on the polearm and 1st slot on Hek.  Reset 8 days ago and am halfway to rank 6 and have most of my mods getting back up to near maxed, so I think I am not doing to bad XD.

Long story short: formas are fun to use, and always seem to attract a stalker... so I wouldn't suggest forma'ing all 3 weapons and your frame at the same time lol