Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did I... miss something? (Re: Rathuum)

LysanderasD

I've played since the patches and, on the whole, the game mode is a lot more balanced. I appreciate the effort that went into this and the fact that DE responded so quickly to feedback.

But then I played a round with Nok.

My impression from the patch notes is that, with the rebalance to the amount of damage the Deth Carabus can do, it's meant to distract from the real threat (Nok himself--that Sobek is no joke). The issue is that, uh... the scaling still seems strange? I went as Atlas and a friend of mine as Chroma, and, while it's true that the Deth Carabus has a slightly longer TTK, its burn ticks are still obscenely strong, on the order of "if you get away, but you got burned, you die, deal with it."

My opinion immediately went from "This mode is fun now!" to "They still haven't fixed the big balance issue!"

Am I missing something? Is there a tip to deal with Nok's drones? Because at it is, if you get unlucky or don't look behind you, you can still be annihilated with no counterplay. If the Deth Carabus procs burn on you once, you're dead.

EDIT: "Once and you're dead" is a slight exaggeration I admit--but the damage ticks still seem very high, enough to nearly kill Atlas if he's at anything less than full health, and apparently enough to shred though Chroma's Vex Armor as well.

Edited by LysanderasD

1 minute ago, hazerddex said:

hes using a sobek

This doesn't really address the topic, but I appreciate the correction, and I'll edit that in. Thank you.

Edited by LysanderasD
Fixed erroneous spacing.

I get the same problem. With %hp burn, it makes me feel like it shouldn't even bring a tanky frame into the challenge. My unkillable Inaros ends up dying just as fast as a Loki against the drones. I do, however, appreciate the nerf to the drones. While I was playing it on Friday, two ticks from three drones killed you, no matter what. now there is a chance to escape and hunt down the health orbs.