The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS drops after new update when alt-tabbing

Valde98

I've been having massive fps drops after the latest Rathuum update whenever I alt-tab out of Warframe and go back in. It goes between a smooth 60 to about 30 whenever I alt-tab in and out of the game, for example I could tab out when i'm at 60 fps and then when I tab back in it's now at 30, and when I tab in-and-out again it goes back up to 60, and so on and so forth. 

I haven't had any of these issues before the Rathuum update, the game has ran just fine before then. 

It's also worth mentioning that going into the loadout screen or entering a mission makes the FPS drop down to 30, fixing itself whenever I alt-tab and going back down to 30 whenever I alt-tab again. 

Here are my specs, if it's any help. I haven't updated any drivers recently, i've only installed new drivers for my keyboard but that shouldn't be related to the issue.

GPU: GeForce GTX 670 (driver version 364.72)

CPU: AMD A10-5800K APU (driver version 10.0.10586.0)

8 GB of RAM 

Edited by Valde98

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Chipboard said:

Chiming in that myself and a mate both also GTX670's have been having massive performance issues recently. Usually pretty smooth solo but start adding more people to the mix and it will absolutely tank.

Yeah there's like ten different recent performance bugs topics and they're all nvidia related. It's almost like the new update doesn't play nice with nvidia drivers. I've been trying to get it resolved for a week on the support desk but it's honestly really frustrating.

Hey there Project,

So went a little troppo the other day over the FPS I've been getting. Can say for now, I've resolved it. If it works for you as well then we might have a legit fix.

Things I did:

Reseated all the hardware on the motherboard and general internal clean
Removed unnecessary software from the harddrive and migrated a fair amount off the SSD

Now I reckon the magic happened with these steps though:

Cleaned Registry
Stopped Services
Stopped unnecessary Nvidia processes & services. Lets just say there was a butt ton of them.

I have a sneaking suspicion it might have been those Nvidia processes that were causing the main heart ache.

Just try that last one to see if its works, so far with all that I'm getting consistent 60+ FPS (Again) and Division which was running horribly since release is now butter smooth.