The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance Issues in General

ZenithVal

System Info:
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586)
System Model: MS-7641
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (6 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 5361MB used, 8205MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: 12
---
when I'm in any mision I'm locked at 60 (I know this is because of my monitor refresh rate) but I randomly drop to about 20-40 FPS even at LOWEST settings. When in the void it's constantly at 40 or below.
My machine is able to run the game just fine at maximum according to GF Experience. and it does run perfectly at that most of the time.

No other background programs that could be eating away at system resources are running. 

Edited by Jcorella

Just now, Jcorella said:

GTX 960 4 GB Vram

Strange. this may be an odd suggestion, but uninstall PhysX from Window's "Programs and Features". If you upgraded from an older GPU (or any AMD card from that matter) it'll be installed.

I've also seen a lot of people talking about massive FPS loss in borderless-fullscreen in the last few updates. I am using borderless-fullscreen myself (GTX 970, AMD 1100T CPU) and have no such problems though.

current settings:

IXA8vdv.png

On 5/2/2016 at 4:19 AM, Jcorella said:

GTX 960 4 GB Vram

I have the same graphics card and my fps dips to 38 in Draco. But it's not constant. Related thread: 4-man Squad + fps drop

The issue you are experiencing is pretty weird. I hear AMD processors go with relatively high temperatures due high core clocks and insufficient stock coolers and they might throttle at some point. What are the temperatures when you experience the constant fps drop? Thought the whole thing might be not related to your gaming system but to the warframe itself. 

I hear people are reporting issues when you alt-tab to desktop rendering the fps pretty bad. Related threads:
FPS drops after new update when alt-tabbing

and

I have latency issues and i have no idea why or how to fix it, help me please <-- low fps and high fps latency was fixed by updating graphics driver and warframe to 18.10.4

The issue I'm having with my gaming rig is this:

Edited by carnaga

12 hours ago, carnaga said:

What are the temperatures when you experience the constant fps drop? Thought the whole thing might be not related to your gaming system but to the warframe itself. 

My CPU temps never go above 50c while my GPU maxes at about 60c

glad I found this. i have a GTX 950, fps is capped at 120. but after logging in today i dont even get to 100 :/ i was on last night and had no problems but now the fps is 60-70 no matter what i change or do. any suggestions?

EDIT: tried every thing i could think of and uninstalling physx. no change. also, changing from the highest graphic setting to the lowest only boosts fps by about 10 frames :/

Edited by Un_Named_Blade

I am having this problem as of today, was worried sick my card was going bad or something. Glad I'm not alone. I'm dipping up to 20 frames after playing at a constant 60 for over a week. No issues last night but today I'm having horrible performance. It's not constantly bad but there isn't one thing in game causing it, I can mow down 12 enemies and have no dips and then thirty seconds later be barely able to move. I'm also on an nVidia card, GTX 760 2GB. PhysX has no effect. 

23 minutes ago, Un_Named_Blade said:

glad I found this. i have a GTX 950, fps is capped at 120. but after logging in today i dont even get to 100 :/ i was on last night and had no problems but now the fps is 60-70 no matter what i change or do. any suggestions?

I've never been happier to see someone else having issues. I mean it sucks that neither of us can play without dips but at least I know it's not my computer now. <3

Installing the latest "game ready Driver" seemed to fix the issue i was having. please note that im not absolutely positive that's what did it but that is the only thing i did. got the driver from GeForce experiece. its version: 365.10. also note that i wassnt have fps dips but my idle fps was half of what it was yesterday.

4 hours ago, Darkwave1098 said:

Dipping down to 43 in Draco with a 4 man squad, running a 970 and an I7-4790K.

It didn't happen before 18.11.10 though, seems it's quite recent.

What's your driver version? I'm trying to work out what's wrong through the support desk but I'm being told there's something off with my drivers. Even though they're a fresh install of the drivers they're suggesting I install and the drivers I had before worked PERFECTLY well for more than a month before this recent update.

For reference: I was running 362.00 when the issue started and I've since moved to a fresh install of 365.10 without seeing any increase in performance.

Edited by projectrallus

11 minutes ago, projectrallus said:

What's your driver version? I'm trying to work out what's wrong through the support desk but I'm being told there's something off with my drivers. Even though they're a fresh install of the drivers they're suggesting I install and the drivers I had before worked PERFECTLY well for more than a month before this recent update.

362.00. It seems to be with very specific warframes tho, I was using Nyx when that dip happened.

4 minutes ago, Darkwave1098 said:

362.00. It seems to be with very specific warframes tho, I was using Nyx when that dip happened.

You can replicate the dip with Nyx? What frames can't you replicate the dip with? That's very useful information. I'm a Nyx main so I haven't tried with any other frame.

Edited by projectrallus

7 minutes ago, projectrallus said:

You can replicate the dip with Nyx? What frames can't you replicate the dip with? That's very useful information.

Well, as far as I remember:

I was running Draco with a really high power range Nyx, and every time a cluster of enemies grouped up together and started attacking each other the frames dipped considerably. They all had the Chaos FX on them with a reasonably light energy colour (My guess is primarily the Hyekka masters are hogging the FPS's)

I did another run with Mirage with a blind build, just to see if it would dip as well but nothing really happened. Frames per second stayed stable and dropped to the usual ranges (Down to 67-75 when the myriad of enemies spawn.).

Haven't used any other frames but my teammates were Loki, Chroma, another Mirage (For the 2nd run). I do not remember which teammates I had on my 1st run apart from a Trinity.

Draco is really good to benchmark performance tbh.

Edited by Darkwave1098