Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tenno card game

Larred

what do yawll think of a warframe inspired tcg/ccg/lcg? something that could be integrated into the app and even played on relays with card packs purchaseable with credits and rewards being credits and possibly unique mods

example of game:

kinda like hearthstone with some netrunner thrown in for good measure here it is for those who havent heard of it. what this means is you have a warframe which is you then you would have 3 weapon slots which you would fill your deck with weapons, mods for them, syndicate resources and events.

weapons: allow you to do damage have a cost in credits have damage values and text explaining a mechanic, example: dread once per turn you may exhaust the dread to add a +1 counter at 3 counters you may use them to do 3X damage

mods: give ways to impower weapons and warframe, ex: vitality: once per turn you may exhaust this card to gain one counter and x health where x = number of counters (max 10)

warframes: your character have deckbuilding limits and health on them (normalized to be 50-150), example: valkyr 50 cards in deck, starts with 5 cards in hand, all melee attacks that deal damage performed by valkyr cause the melee weapon to not be exhausted (limit 3 attacks per turn)

syndicates: have passive buffs and can be discarded to upgrade certain weapons or other effects, example: new loka: when new loka enters play heal 3 health, while in play at the start f your turn gain one health your opponent loses one health, discard new loka to make the enemy lose 10 health 

events: mostly interrupts and things to slow your opponent down or buff you ex: head shot next primary weapon shot that deals damage does +3 damage.

OR 

smoke screen: next attack your opponent performs has its damage reduced by 2 (if played on your turn) interrupt: negate incoming attack and remove this card from the game.

so what do you think 

I don't have an opinion on your specific examples, but I would love an in game card game. I don't know anything about Hearthstone, but if it's like Magic The Gathering they might want to dumb it down a bit. Something along the lines of Gwent from The Witcher, so the player can pick it up without reading a tutorial essay and have fancy cards to collect. I can see my Infested deck now :-)

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

2 minutes ago, Larred said:

hearthstone is like a tuned down magic, and i like your idea of an infested deck, i havent played gwent because i havent played witcher 3 yet

If you're into open world rpg sword and magic type games with crazy deep lore, then I'd recommend you try Wither 3 (it's one of the best games I've ever played and it looks great on pc). Gwent was not intended to gain the popularity that it did, but it's easy to grasp concept mixed with the joy of building a deck of cards found throughout the game really grabbed hold of card players and people that had never played cards in their life. 

Back on topic, I think Warframe would benefit greatly from this concept. If done right it would entertain card players and players that never thought about playing card games (like Gwent did). Once DE came up with a system and rules the cards themselves wouldn't be hard to develop. It would definitely keep me entertained between updates.