Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Have Understood Why Rushers Are A Problem.

TheGambler_BR

So I was playing warframe yesterday, and joined a three-man squad in tethys.

There was one rusher on the team. Here's what happened.

He ignored the mobs, and when ahead of us three. By doing this, he made mobs spawn everywhere, stacking up. Our advance was made A LOT slower and far more difficult because we had to face at least three times as much enemies. We had to play extra cautiously, and sticking your head out could lead to a very quick death. Hard to pick off one by one when they're in stacks of twenty+ for every pathway conceivable.

Mind you, this wasn't much of a problem, as my gear was far more than enough to dispatch of them. However, it made gameplay FAR slower paced.

And, when he reached the extraction, he kept complaining about how we were slow (even rushing, it's not easy to catch up a max-rush mod loki as ember), until he abandoned the match.

Rushing isn't a problem - when you're playing with other rushers. Rushing causes a LOT of problems for anyone not rushing, due to the exponentially increased mob count he leaves behind.

Rushers gotta rus.. SUCK!

lol

I rush too, but when i do it's always with other rushers! Either that or rush in a solo game..
If you really wanna rush do it with friends that comes along and not random people that are trying to enjoy the game in a different way! Don't give us 'responsible' rushers a bad look! xD

Edited by BladeFade

lol

I rush too, but when i do it's always with other rushers! Either that or rush in a solo game..

If you really wanna rush do it with friends that comes along and not random people that are trying to enjoy the game in a different way! Don't give us 'responsible' rushers a bad look! xD

Pretty much this, I generally try and wait for teammates (though I mainly play solo or with friends)

To all the rushers out there who rush ahead of there teams, if you're gonna rush, rush by yourself or with other rushers, and if you do rush, don't *@##$ about people being slow when you're what caused them to have to slow down.

Isn't the mechanic more like if you kill lots of stuff it's likely more stuff will spawn later on in the map? So maybe you guys should've cut down killing every single enemy?

Or if you're in the minority of being a rusher then you slow down and help?  And it's not that easy to just run through hordes of enemies if you are overgeared for said area.

lol

The same thing can be said about those that take too long...

I still dont get much of the problem; It is still your decision if you want to kill every one of the mobs you encounter, even if they are more due to the rusher triggering them.You could just aswell run through them.ANd if you are one of the "I kill everything because loot" guys you should be glad because more enemies means more chances for loot.

The only problem I do see is on low levels: If you are undergeared and not high enough level for an area, the scenario you described could be a problem indeed.

You do realize he could say the almost the same about you? People who hang back and kill every last mob are more annoying then people who just run past mobs. Also, if you actually want to kill mobs, having them spawn and walk to their slaughtering in groups could be seen as an advantage. It's not like there was actual difficulty in non defense missions anyway.

Would be nice to have some sort of "average time to complete mission" on our profiles and the matchmaking put this time on squad making.

People with less time (rushers) will get a squad that plays the same fast.

Or if you're in the minority of being a rusher then you slow down and help?  And it's not that easy to just run through hordes of enemies if you are overgeared for said area.

I even rush in Void is freaking insane but I survive

I'm overgeared for most areas so ... it's boring to wait for my mates :S

When i said rushing is killing the game for players with brain who want fun they called me $&*&*#(%& and dislike everything i post with a hating trend.Rushed to conclusion go figure.

Without lockdown stages(like devil may cry for example) to clear mobs then advance,rushing kiddos is gonna fck this game as i said,reason why i stopped playing long ago.Combat is not being evolved,and rushing is number 1 playstyle nothing to do here anymore other than defense mission which is boring already im not playing this no more since these issues have been ignored and i was made fun of by rushing kiddos.Designing new weps and warframes is fail concept we dont need that now(later definately) we need better challenges and a fix for rushers as priority.

DE needs to step up and decide themselves between having a slower lockdown playstyle for all to stop this trend rusher vs non-rusher or leave it like it is and have a fail game.

Good luck with your game DE.

Edited by RedEye88

You do realize he could say the almost the same about you? People who hang back and kill every last mob are more annoying then people who just run past mobs. Also, if you actually want to kill mobs, having them spawn and walk to their slaughtering in groups could be seen as an advantage. It's not like there was actual difficulty in non defense missions anyway.

I was far overgeared, but the other two squadmates weren't. They were slightly undergeared (carried to that map by the rusher, iirc). I hung back to "make sure" they'd live.

Killing every single mob is only annoying for rushers. For those who play "normally" and explorers, it isn't a big deal.

I play normally. I don't inspect every inch of a map unless I'm farming for rare mats. I kill enemies because that's the only thing I have to do while in a map (besides the objective). I'm always sprinting and sliding and wallrunning to move faster.

I still dont get much of the problem; It is still your decision if you want to kill every one of the mobs you encounter, even if they are more due to the rusher triggering them.You could just aswell run through them.ANd if you are one of the "I kill everything because loot" guys you should be glad because more enemies means more chances for loot.

The only problem I do see is on low levels: If you are undergeared and not high enough level for an area, the scenario you described could be a problem indeed.

As he said, Poking his head out could cause quick death. Therefore he couldn't rush too or would die easily.

There are so many things in place to prevent rushers that if you can't keep up, you are just slow. Even when I was leveling up my Rhino and was slow as molasses I could still keep up with fast paced players.

Here's the big problem, people will play how they want. You can't blame someone for rushing through a mission. If they complain you're being slow, ask why they're mad at you killing the stuff in your way to the extract/objective.  And if he says he needs to get to an alert that's ahead/something of the sort, then /shrug and try to get to the extract while killing some of the stuff in your way. And if he just responds with" Why are you killing everything anyway?" Just say you need the mats/exp for wep and they'll shut up most likely. Plus they completed the objective for you anyway, less trouble for you.

"Rushing isn't a problem - when you're playing with other rushers. Rushing causes a LOT of problems for anyone not rushing, due to the exponentially increased mob count he leaves behind."

You can get past 20 enemies, which I assume you exaggerated heavily anyway, without losing your shields if you run with a sentinel or if you just have ~600+ shields. As a Frost player who plays with an Ash rusher and MAG rusher, I can easily keep in toe with them while killing 90% of the things in my way. And try not to bring up the "undergeared" argument, as even playing a lv ~8 warframe I crafted recently (not my Frost) I can run past the enemies, and with lower level weapons, if I play smart, I can easily take the enemy out. Plus that brings something else up; don't play a mission you're undergeared and plan on killing everything.   

You just will have to keep in mind the playstyle of who you are playing with in ONLINE and if 2+/4 are rushing;rush.  With that in mind though, I gotta say the guy you described was pretty rude, though I have no doubt your story was slightly exaggerated. 

"Killing every single mob is only annoying for rushers. For those who play "normally" and explorers, it isn't a big deal.

I play normally. I don't inspect every inch of a map unless I'm farming for rare mats. I kill enemies because that's the only thing I have to do while in a map (besides the objective). I'm always sprinting and sliding and wallrunning to move faster."

I play with ~10-15 who rush. They also will, if need be, kill every single mob in their path and enjoy the hell out of it. Also, as I think was mentioned in another thread; Rushing is the normal playstyle in this game. And also, as I mentioned above, in all but defense/exterm. missions, enemies spawn indefinitely, so killing EVERYTHING for any kind of player is generally  annoying. Also, with the few "explorers' I know (which in a new area I become), I find that they don't kill everything, and they're generally the stealth players.

But hey, that's just my group of friends/acquaintances/people drawn from ONLINE game sessions.  So as far as it could be, I could have the biggest misconception of the game out of every player.

Edited by Haldark

People keep bringing up the whole rushing versus not rushing thing... I really think that the simplest solution is to take the time to talk to your teammates about what it is they want to do. If you're grinding a boss for Warframe prints or resources and you want to finish as fast as possible, ask people if they're okay with speeding through it. How you sort out what actually happens is up to you, but what I'm trying to get at is... just try to make it so that everyone has fun. If you're trying to just play the game and are pretty laid back about how you do it... have fun in random groups. If you want to play a very specific way, go solo or find a group of friends and get familiar with playing with them.