The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Or Saryn?

django18

Question

Hey guys!

I recently got all the blueprints for nyx and saryn but atm I only have one free slot....

I know both of them have powerful abilities(chaos, miasma) but i really cannot decide which one I should build.

I think miasma is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, but chaos can come in handy at higher lvl defense missions.

So what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

9 answers to this question

Miasma can only carry you so far. Chaos never loses it's usefulness.

But besides that it's up to your preference. What ever your play style is like.

Saryn is more of direct damage, as where Nyx likes to make her enemies do damage for her.

Saryn in my opinion. More tanky than nyx, venom is decently useful but needs to be fixed, molt is like decoy buy it appear where you are, contaigon is awesome giving your melee attacks over double damage (assuming focus is maxed out.), and miasma is great in massive crowds with reach. It deals lots of damage and ignores armor which is awesome against infested ancients and grineer.

nyx in my opinion, she is just more fun to play with than saryn. watching the enemies hit each other and just thinking "stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself" is funny. plus i've had more success with groups in def missions lasting longer waves with nyx than i have with saryn.

Nyx

- Deals damage indirectly

- Hilarious with Chaos

- Pretty fast

- Stay back and out of harms way

- Bad with Shade sentinel

Saryn

- Deals lots of damage directly

- One of the slower frames

- Go in and obliterate the enemy

Despite Nyx being required in high-wave Defense missions due to Chaos, the frame is not considered very fun. If you want to go beyond W25-30 on Xini, Outer Terminus, or Varro, you are ultimately required to have a Nyx - if for no other reason than a single melee enemy one-shotting the pod. This is about all Nyx is good for, however. Absorb isn't a very good way to deal damage, Psychic Bolts is simply awful, and Mind Control is outclassed by Chaos.

Saryn on the other hand people seem to have fun with. The frame has many ways of dealing damage, and her Miasma is by far the highest damage ultimate. You'll still be one-shotting most enemies besides Ancients and Techs up to W30 on the aforementioned maps.

Personally I would never bother using either of these frames outside of a defense mission, but between the two of them, Saryn is the clear winner. Nyx is simply awful in regular missions. She's very fragile and her Chaos power doesn't have the range to reach distant enemies.

If you do plan on doing very high level defense and want to be important to the team, choose Nyx. Otherwise choose Saryn. If you do choose Nyx, please don't use Chaos prior to W15-20. Its just annoying when the enemies don't come near the pod :)

Despite Nyx being required in high-wave Defense missions due to Chaos, the frame is not considered very fun. If you want to go beyond W25-30 on Xini, Outer Terminus, or Varro, you are ultimately required to have a Nyx - if for no other reason than a single melee enemy one-shotting the pod. This is about all Nyx is good for, however. Absorb isn't a very good way to deal damage, Psychic Bolts is simply awful, and Mind Control is outclassed by Chaos.

Saryn on the other hand people seem to have fun with. The frame has many ways of dealing damage, and her Miasma is by far the highest damage ultimate. You'll still be one-shotting most enemies besides Ancients and Techs up to W30 on the aforementioned maps.

Personally I would never bother using either of these frames outside of a defense mission, but between the two of them, Saryn is the clear winner. Nyx is simply awful in regular missions. She's very fragile and her Chaos power doesn't have the range to reach distant enemies.

If you do plan on doing very high level defense and want to be important to the team, choose Nyx. Otherwise choose Saryn. If you do choose Nyx, please don't use Chaos prior to W15-20. Its just annoying when the enemies don't come near the pod :)

Nyx is in no way required in high level/wave defences anymore. Vauban is another good choice for infested. But as a regular Nyx player, I can tell that Nyx is far from useless in regular missions. Granted, it does need a good rank Stretch to be very useful. Mind control a durable enemy and you have yourselves a tank for a good while. Use Chaos and you have some free time to revive a downed teammate.

There are plenty of uses for Nyx all around, they might just be a bit harder to see than some of the straight-to-the-point frames'.

You're missing the fact saryn has decoy 2.0; +att melee; and her miasma ignores armor. So you will find uses it at least 3/4 of her skills.

Nyx on the other hand, enemies who kill each other while under Nyx's chaos don't give exp; 2 of her skills are wtf: Psychic bolts seem to think the walls and floor are the enemy and you're better off popping almost any other ulti than absorb.