Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions For Alert Gameplay And Upcoming Mission Overhauls (Needs Devs Attention!)

Aure7

All this will work if theres an exclusive tileset for those alert missions, and exclusive enemies for it.

If its the same flat repetitive scenario players will only do the map for grinding, again.

See the case of orokin delerict ships, thats an example of a exclusive tileset. I myself have been switching Xini and Callisto for the OD defense, unless I need to find new players to my 500+ contacts list.

Also the idea of Cells and Dossiers (keys made at the forge that gives access to the Cell missions) are something to be put in place. I expect those cells to have exclusive tilesets, exclusive enemies, and a tram scenario between each mission. Dossiers with three scenarios (two missions plus tram connection), five scenarios (three missions plus two trams) and seven scenarios (four missons plus three trams), all of them with a exclusive boss at the end, or maybe two existing bosses like happened at Phobos.

Love these ideas +1 from me

I especially like the idea of a loot-based mission mode, personally that's how I look at survivals right now. I see this idea brushing against the tip of the iceberg though. If we had these awesome loot-based missions that would be the only things that people would play to farm mats and mods, taking away from all of the other mission types, short of good alerts. So then we would either have to take away from this new mode or bolster the other mission types if we want people to play through the whole of the game instead of a few choice levels.

1.) That would be really interesting to see, and I definitely think it would add to the 'flow' of the given mission.

2.) This is a little on the complicated side. That much detail to put into an alert would practically make it its own actual mission. If DE were to try to add the details you're getting at (which don't get me wrong, would be pretty cool) probably wouldn't be feasible in terms of what alert missions are supposed to be. With dozens of alerts a day all happening at different locations, I think it would be almost impossible and wasteful to implement details of such caliber for missions that are only in existence for an hour at most without severely cutting back how many alters go out in a week, let alone a single day. That much data input would probably require constant hotfixing.

3.) I really like this idea. I think it would be kind of adding a sort of 'mini-game' aspect to warframe, which could be a lot of fun. I don't know how DE would feel about that but it would be interesting to try out. I would suggest though that the resources you'd be farming at said location be very specific, but also have a defense reward type system where the longer you play (depending on the mission objectives of course), the better the rewards. 

4.) Definitely a doable idea, but you'd have to be very careful on how you implement something like this. Unless they simply use time markers or semi-general checkpoints in missions that don't require specific mission alteration, it would diminish mission play on a fundamental level. Since missions generate in a semi-random pattern of rooms and passage ways (I know that's not ACTUALLY how the algorithms work, just for a visual) it would be very difficult to have specific locations in which there are extra goons that don't wander and are extra beefy.

Unless of course you the computer can make a simple calculation and add this information in itself when the mission renders. Example: You're on a sabotage mission. You're about 25% of the way to your objective and the computer recognizes this, and subsequently generates a squad of tough troops in a given area for a specific reason. Every time you cross this threshold in the mission, the computer may or may not generate these forces in said location or whatever.  They are then blocking your path to point B, in which you have to stand and duke it out or get creative to find a way around them. 

Even better, there are tons of things you could add to this concept, such as bonus optional objectives, special rewards, or the option of taking a short cut. I think it would be awesome to be running down a hallway and suddenly be flanked by a bunch of enemies from a direction you previously thought was empty, or seeing a bunch of heavy troops guarding a pathway that cuts your objective distance in half. 

5.) All good ideas, and I would note that DE did say that they're maybe going to change all blueprint drops to nekros style, where they're just part of the mission rewards rather than having to manually pick them up when you kill the boss. Whether or not they'll make the bp more common or consistent? I doubt it - they are at the rates they are for a reason.

6.) A solid idea, but don't get too crazy with it. A simple time limit is just fine.

1.) That would be really interesting to see, and I definitely think it would add to the 'flow' of the given mission.

2.) This is a little on the complicated side. That much detail to put into an alert would practically make it its own actual mission. If DE were to try to add the details you're getting at (which don't get me wrong, would be pretty cool) probably wouldn't be feasible in terms of what alert missions are supposed to be. With dozens of alerts a day all happening at different locations, I think it would be almost impossible and wasteful to implement details of such caliber for missions that are only in existence for an hour at most without severely cutting back how many alters go out in a week, let alone a single day. That much data input would probably require constant hotfixing.

3.) I really like this idea. I think it would be kind of adding a sort of 'mini-game' aspect to warframe, which could be a lot of fun. I don't know how DE would feel about that but it would be interesting to try out. I would suggest though that the resources you'd be farming at said location be very specific, but also have a defense reward type system where the longer you play (depending on the mission objectives of course), the better the rewards. 

4.) Definitely a doable idea, but you'd have to be very careful on how you implement something like this. Unless they simply use time markers or semi-general checkpoints in missions that don't require specific mission alteration, it would diminish mission play on a fundamental level. Since missions generate in a semi-random pattern of rooms and passage ways (I know that's not ACTUALLY how the algorithms work, just for a visual) it would be very difficult to have specific locations in which there are extra goons that don't wander and are extra beefy.

Unless of course you the computer can make a simple calculation and add this information in itself when the mission renders. Example: You're on a sabotage mission. You're about 25% of the way to your objective and the computer recognizes this, and subsequently generates a squad of tough troops in a given area for a specific reason. Every time you cross this threshold in the mission, the computer may or may not generate these forces in said location or whatever.  They are then blocking your path to point B, in which you have to stand and duke it out or get creative to find a way around them. 

Even better, there are tons of things you could add to this concept, such as bonus optional objectives, special rewards, or the option of taking a short cut. I think it would be awesome to be running down a hallway and suddenly be flanked by a bunch of enemies from a direction you previously thought was empty, or seeing a bunch of heavy troops guarding a pathway that cuts your objective distance in half. 

5.) All good ideas, and I would note that DE did say that they're maybe going to change all blueprint drops to nekros style, where they're just part of the mission rewards rather than having to manually pick them up when you kill the boss. Whether or not they'll make the bp more common or consistent? I doubt it - they are at the rates they are for a reason.

6.) A solid idea, but don't get too crazy with it. A simple time limit is just fine.

About the alerts:

man don't get me wrong. It would all be proceduraly generated and no further work from DE should be spent. It's basically way too simple now. Can we have just a slightly different variants than the regular missions?

• 1 month later...