Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Swapping Weapons After Hit/using Abilities (Very Frustrating)

MyNameIsDraven

It is really annoying when I run out of despair ammo in my clip then get hit and after stumbling, my snipetron is being held. If I don't press "F" then I shouldn't swap weapons. the same thing happens when i use an ability, it swaps out my despair and takes out my snipetron. This should really be removed (weapon swapping without pressing "F") or at least an option to turn it off should be available.

I've seen this happen too, though it seems to usually happen when you run out of ammo, or when you do something like pick up, or drop a datamass (or use it in a deception mission).

Also, when you get revived, sometimes you get back up with your pistol equipped, other times if you HAD your pistol equipped, you'll get back up with your rifle equipped.

They really do need a "never auto switch weapons" button. Even if I run out of ammo, there are times I do not want the weapon switching on me. Like...... when I'm holding a datamass and I'm running away from infested.

Click.

*Character drops datamass in mid-run, pulls out rifle and I don't realize until I'm two rooms away then I have to run back through a horde of infested to stop and slowly bend over and pick up the thing while getting mauled/disrupted/knocked down*

Actually, come to think of it, a character should NEVER drop a datamass unless you hit the Switch Weapon key. Ever. Even if you run out of pistol ammo.

EDIT: Also I'd like to point out, I hate trying to switch weapons sometimes. If you get staggered, knocked down, or you accidentally roll while trying to evade enemies, sometimes you'll hit the Switch Weapon key and the little "card" at the bottom-right of the window SAYS you switched weapon, but then a second later, it switches back to your other weapon because your character got "interrupted".

Weapon switches should be instant, or they should "stick" so that your character switches ASAP instead of "cancelling" the switch. Have Rifle on, hit the switch button, get knocked down a second later, you get back up and you STILL have your Rifle on.

Highly annoying.

Edited by Xylia