Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any reason to do Excavation in public?

Scylax

Question

Assuming I'm not farming for anything but cryotic, and I have no difficulty defending extractors up until the point I want to leave, is there any benefit in playing Excavation missions with other players?

Edited by Scylax

9 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Scylax said:

I use Frost P., so with Snow Globe, I can already easily defend multiple extractors at once.

Even if you can defend them all, since excavators now spawn far from each other you waste time travelling from one dig site to other, while multiple people can just split and start them simultaneously.

Also you have to feed them with energy fast or they stop working and that wastes even more time as you have to pick a cell, feed one of the excavators, repeat few times, than travel to the other excavator which is not started/out of energy and do the same. With more people you have to do this only with one excavator and don't waste time travelling.

Overall, it's simply faster becouse there's a limit of how much one person can do for x time.

Since extractors yield the same amount of cryotic regardless of the mission location, I always farm on Tikal, Earth. On the Earth tileset, extractors generally spawn 2-3 at a time in clusters before moving to the next area. While they're in the same area, they're always within the range of a bullet jump or two, so I'm not wasting time traveling between them, and when I'm done with that cluster, it's not that long of a sprint to the next one. I prefer being able to choose when I leave over maybe a minute or two of saved time traveling between extractors.

The only reason to do in public is

1. to make it faster

multiple excavator can run at the same time

2. to make it mroe efficient.

the monster lvl up absed on cryotic you dig out. So if each time both finish at the same time, is like 2 tiems faster but fighting emeies at lower lvl

3. more ppl to pick up cell for you xd

cons

1. they can be a burden

-> jusdt let them die

2. you cant go as you like

So is entirely up to you LOL

@Hesyol There's not much difference between being alone and being alone together. Just because you throw players into the same game instance doesn't automatically make it fun ;) It's only fun when people co-operate, communicate, and refrain from trying to solo the whole thing, and as anyone who's ever played a public Spy mission knows, that just described the opposite of general player behavior in public matches. Yeah, it'll be fun if I'm playing with clanmates and we're talking to each other, but randoms don't make a noticeable difference in fun.