Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Warframe Concept & Weapons) Akari the Blade Master Frame

ObliviousGaming

Name: Akari

Main Idea: Akari would be based on fighting with Puncture/Slash damage blades with her ability's and guns. She has control over the blades as she dashes through crowds of enemies stabbing and slashing her way through. When it comes to her blades and where they come from, mini portals would open as a blade shoots out and either sticks in to the enemy or pierces through.

Main Purpose: The main purpose of this Warframe would be to take out large numbers of enemies with and without armor. Akari would/could run into crowds of enemies and use her abilities to take care of them with ease, stabbing and slashing enemies as she uses her god like speed to dash by them. While she's taking out enemies and their armor she would slowly gain armor from the kills for a period of time.

Stats:

Health: 175 (Max 375)

Shield: 80 (Max 220)

Energy: 150 (Max 225)

Armor: 55

Shield Recharge: 15

Sprint: 1.1

Aura Polarity: V - Madurai  Madurai Pol

Possible Passives

Akari gains melee damage buffs when she takes health damage and when she goes below 20% hp it drastically increases.

When Akari kills enemies with melee and her melee abilities, she gains 15% armor after killing a number of enemies and this can stack up to 4 times. (Only works with the base stat of 55 armor, so mods wouldn't have any affect on the added amount of armor.)

While using a melee weapon, gaining headcount will increase the status chance of melee weapons and status duration for half the time of the head count.

Abilities:

Refines Fury:

1: Soaks up damage when ability is tapped once, when the ability is deactivated her buffs go away instantly.

2: Once 100% damage or greater is absorbed, a passive buff is applied to the play.

3: The buff is comprised of a corrosive & gas dmg buff that switches in between the two ever 5-10 seconds.

-Base Physical dmg increase

Relentless Frenzy:

1: Charges up the ability by holding down the ability button

2: The player is vulnerable while charging the ability (standing still while charging)

3: The player cant attack enemies while the button is held down charging the ability.

4: Using the ability over time uses up energy from the pool and deactivates instantly after its use. (maybe 25% = an attack?)

5: The player cannot attack while charging up the ability but recives 25% less dmg while charging up the ability and taking damage charges the ability faster.

6: If any enemy is kill by this ability their corps becomes a booby-trap (an enemy that walks over it activates a gas cloud or pool of corrosive liquid that damages enemies in "x" radius for "x" amount of time.)

Tetrad Blades:

1: Summonds 4 swords around the player (1 at a time at intervals)

2:Each sword summond has its own physical/elemental damage type.

-Physical dmg slash - I'm expecting to kill grineer and infested

-Physical dmg puncture - Planning to take out armor

-Physical dmg impact - Planning to do at least a little bit of damage to corpus

-Elemental gas dmg - planning to take out infested and grineer fast

-Elemental corrosive dmg - Destroying armor quickly

-Player can only use one sword at a time

3: While charging the ability, ranged dmg can be reflected back at enemies (% dmg reflected back)

4: While charging the ability, melee physical dmg is resisted (% dmg reduction) [maybe just reflected bullet/ranged dmg]

Seeking Demise:

1: Can scroll through physical dmg types (slash, puncture, impact) by tapping the ability button.

2: The ability its self needs to be held down to use the selected dmg type. (once held down for 3 seconds the ability stay active)

3: The player is able to move around while the ability is activated after holding the ability button down for 3 seconds and can be deactivated just the same.

4: While the ability is activated enemies within "x" radius are targeted by the player who auto dashes and auto combos the enemy. (different combos/stances per attack type [slash,puncture,impact])

- Once the first enemy is taken down while the ability is still active the player goes after anyone else within the ability radius.

- Small radius for the ability

- If an enemy is killed by another player while Akari is charging it to attack, a base physical dmg buff is applied to her next combo (stacks "x" amount of times) until they land an attack.

- The ability constantly drains energy.

Weapons:

Melee Weapon - "Mors Mundi" a longer version of a katana held backwards by default stance so the blade is pointed behind instead of in front and the sharp side of the blade points away from the arm. Primarily doing puncture damage and secondarily doing slash damage.

Secondary - "Mors Acus" a fully auto shotgun with a mag capacity of 25 with 125 ammo. The shotgun does puncture damage with medium fire rate, medium reload speed, and medium accuracy.

Primary - "Bullet Pluvia" a minigun with medium to low accuracy even while aiming. There is no back up ammo to reload so you will have to pick it up off the ground and the mag holds 800 rounds of assault rifle ammo. This weapon would have medium-low puncture/slash damage with a medium-high fire rate with medium crit chance and very slow reload speed.

How to obtain Static; Questline/Story

The questline would be based on how Akari was a student to Teshin and wanted to become a blade master. After years of training and hard work Akari had come very close to becoming a blade master however, Teshin dueled her to train her in her last few years before becoming a blade master he saw that she wasn't fighting to train, she was fighting to kill. After finding out about her blood lust and how powerful she truly was, Teshin had sent Akari on multiple suicide missions in Ceres to recover information from the Grineer strongholds that held possible information from the orokin era. Once she had come back from her missions with very little to no damage, Teshin had become terrified at what she might do if she continued to train with him and figured out how he had used her to gain information. So he sent her to Eris after lying about what he found out about the Grineer and their plans. He had sent her on a final suicide mission telling her once she had finished this she would be a blade master like him. He thought she could never survive from such a journy, but many years later Teshin was proved wrong...

In this quest Teshin receives a transmission from long ago saying that Akari knows what he did and will return the favor. Teshin terrified and worried he will ask the Lotus for help and that's where the tenno get involved. You will attempt to find traces of Akari's energy as Teshin sends you to strongholds to gather any information the grineer could have on Akari. Teshin slowly leads you to where he had originally sent her, telling you everything he once knew about her and leading you to recovering the segment you'll need to reach her. When you finally make it to your destination you find that Akari has been stuck on eris in a safe HQ once used by the corpus. Filled with rage after all these years and constant fighting with the infestation, Akari came up with a plan to get back at Teshin. She plans to get revenge for what Teshin had done to her and slash through anything and anyone who gets in her way. It's your mission to stop her and make her listen, but are you really enough to take on a blade master? Or will another blase master have to step in...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cj-2T5bUoAAZFt9.jpg 

Keep in mind this is a very rough sketch with minimal detail. The better stuff will hopefully come soon.

Any feedback at all about anything is welcomed!

Edited by ObliviousGaming
Big ability changes + Rough sketch

Stats seem a bit OP, and may need toning down if the stats are increased over time the more that Static kills.

18 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

First, the execution power is way too OP so scrap that.

I agree, but maybe not scrap it as only have it jump to one extra enemy, and deal damage equal to half their health

36 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

First, the execution power is way too OP so scrap that.

Second, High Health, way too high op energy, high armor, and high sprint speed? This is way too strong.

Health: 175 (375 Max) Energy: 150 (325 Max) Sprint Speed: 1.1 Armor: 65

And the first ability doesnt seem that op, the further it goes the less wide the ability range is so you sacrifice width range for length range. So should i make it shorter or change it entirly?

Edited by ObliviousGaming

8 hours ago, ObliviousGaming said:

Health: 175 (375 Max) Energy: 150 (325 Max) Sprint Speed: 1.1 Armor: 65

And the first ability doesnt seem that op, the further it goes the less wide the ability range is so you sacrifice width range for length range. So should i make it shorter or change it entirly?

I meant the passive

I mean, this is nice and all, but this just kinda looks like a mish-mash of excalibur and ash with slight modifications.

Static Leap - Static flash steps in a straight line stabbing and slashing in a straight line, charging it up makes static go further but the width of the of the ability thins.

Original Excal's Blade Dash with a charge mechanic.

Disintegrate - Static can teleport to team quickly by falling apart into cubes and quickly reforming on the team mate. However when used to teleport to an enemy, Static performs an execution when appearing before the enemy.

Literally ashes teleport, just with cooler FX.

Blade Barrage - Static uses her energy to summon her sword and by using this ability repeatedly, she performs combos with her melee weapon dealing high amounts of puncture/slash damage with high status duration.

This is really vague. What sorts of combos? Is this like excal's ultimate or something else? Paint a picture, but with words.

Static Gauntlet - Static traps enemies within a area where small portals open up near enemies and shoot out blades. When the blades stick into the enemies, it causes puncture damage. When the blades go through the enemies, it causes slash damage. Enemies can enter but not leave the area till the duration of the ability is over. However enemies can still shoot through the area.

This just seems like a slightly worse scaling augment of Ashes ulti.

Also, first passive is crap without reliable survivablility late game, second passive is op as all hell, and the third passive is meh.

1 hour ago, BecauseJavier said:

This is really vague. What sorts of combos? Is this like excal's ultimate or something else? Paint a picture, but with words.

This just seems like a slightly worse scaling augment of Ashes ulti.

Also, first passive is crap without reliable survivablility late game, second passive is op as all hell, and the third passive is meh.

Alright so with her 3rd ability to describe it in the simplest form, it would be like atlas's first ability but with her blade. This also ties in with a passive i forgot to add in hahaha! I was thinking of adding a passive if i haven't already that allows her to gain armor from killing enemies and it would stack. She would gain survivability as she uses melee which would also proc when she uses her 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ability. As for her second passive, would making it auto execute one enemy be better or should i scrap that idea all together?

3 hours ago, ObliviousGaming said:

The passive where she auto executes? Would shortening it to only auto executing 1 other enemy within 5m be better or should i scrap it?

Just scrap it. Passives are used for giving a unique twist to the frame, not make them stupidly overpowered.

Edited by Popstupid

10 minutes ago, Popstupid said:

Just scrap it. Passives are used for giving a unique twist to the frame, not make them stupidly overpowered.

Alright, how does gaining armor when using her melee and melee abilitys sound, gives her survivability

Hey nice work on this, you've given this a lot of thought and there was some really good feedback addressing some important issues as well.

I may have a lot of questions here but the main one for me is - what is Akari's main functionality in the game?
(Thinking about what makes her unique to the other hack and slash melee frames in the game)

For me if I were to pick one right off the bat I would say a Warframe that is capable of switching between slash/puncture/impact.
Why? Well if we take a look at the current frames a lot of them cover elemental already and apart from making a Warframe with a more unique innate combined elemental damage type we are left with physical damage. So if we take a look at the commonly used physical damage frames and compare them:

Ash: Slash/Bleed/Finisher/Stealth
Excalibur: Even distribution between slash/puncture/impact for abilities except for slash dash which is mostly slash - also blind for finishers/dmg multipliers
Valkyr: Mostly slash - though her hysteria has an even distribution of slash/puncture/impact and that's what players mainly use

You'll start to see a pattern here - for physical damage they are trying to balance it out as best as they can often making slash a primary damage type.
What I don't see in this game though is the ability to focus all damage into one physical damage type and utilize it - maybe even an ability that buffs allies to give them a specific physical damage buff (e.g. x% slash dmg buff for y amount of seconds), rotating the physical dmg type buff (slash/puncture/impact) ability the same way Ivara rotates arrow types.

Then from there focus on a particular use for her that makes her unique to the rest of the frames - also don't forget the new fairy frame coming out soon may also be a physical damage type dealer (flying razor butterflies).

What I think the game is missing right now is more combined elemental frame abilities - we have lots of heat/cold/electricity/toxin frames.
Saryn somewhat covers viral/corrosive but that's pretty much it.
Blast dmg has been widely used among some frames but more for CC and not damage which some enemies are susceptible to.
Magnetic has been covered quite well with some frames already and isn't really needed right now imo.
However gas and radiation doesn't seem to be used as often or effectively - though you'd have to get those sorts of elements to synergize well with your hack and slash frame.

These are mainly just some ideas to help change and refine your frame a bit to make them look and feel more unique to the other frames.
In regards to the stats, I think right now it's too early to make any of it concrete. I think the main focus should be to look back over the things I wrote above and also what people have posted above and change the initial concept a little bit. I think you could definitely make it different from other frame mechanics, just have a think about the other physical damage frame abilities and what their limitations/strengths are and you'll come up with something solid :)