Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help creating warframe

Dwolfknight

Question

I need help making a warframe, i have the basic concept and abilities but i just stuck on stuff like names and character desing, i will make a concept art this weekend if possible.

Heres what i have until now

Spoiler

(placeholder)

Space Manipulation

Health
Shield
Armour
Energy
Sprint speed

Polarities
Abilities
All abilities values are based on the maximun level

Passive?

1 Warp - 25 energy - (placeholder) Prepares for a Dash trough space, let go of the button Warp, the longer this abilities is held/channeled the longer the distance he will Warp from a minimun of 3 meter to a maximun of 30, any enemy thats is caught in the path is dragged/ragdolled in the direction of the warp with strenght depending on the distance travelled.

Distance is affected by range mods, Duration inversely affects channel speed

2 Pull - 25 energy - (placeholder) Prepares a distorion in space that grows larger as he channels it from a minimun of 2 meters radius up to 20 meters, when the abilitie is released he will pull all enemies caught in the distorion to him causing a low 100 impact damage and procs

Size is affected by range mods, Damage is affected by strenght mods, Duration inversely affects channel speed

3 Shield - 50 + 3 per/s - (placeholder) Creates a shield around him that will absorb 90% of all damage taken, when the abilitie is turned off or the energy is depleted the shield will explode dealling all damage acumulated x1.1 on a 3 meter radius as blast damage with a garanteed proc.

Damage multiplier is affected by strength mods, Blast radius is affected by range mods

4 Stasis - 50 energy + 5 per/s - (placeholder) Creates a Bubble of 15 meters of diamater that slows down enemies withing by 70%, enemies projectiles are slowed by 80% and hitscan weapons have their damage reduced by 70%

Size is affected by range mods

I would really appreciate any ideas and feedback it's still a pretty early concept, but now i'm going to sleep, and will anwser you guys tomorow thanks in advance for any help given =.=

4 answers to this question

Interesting concept but I'd recommend that you revise a bit on the abilities and what they do, since 3 of the abilities are just different versions of other abilities already existing in the game. Pull and Shield are basically bullet attractor from mag (the new one) as two seperate abilities. Stasis is basically a snowglobe with volt's shield properties.

The reason I'd recommend that you revise on that a bit, is because if there are abilities that work the same way, between two or more warframes, then there would sometimes be no need to pick one over the other, if the one is stronger. When making a warframe concept, you must think about a few things. Such would be:

1) Are the abilities different enough from other abilities already existing in the game to be worth having that ability?

2) What is the purpose of this ability? What is it trying to create in game that has been missing for now?

3) What is the role of the ability? Why should the ability exist?

4) How usable is the ability in a fight? Is it fun to use?

Once you go through these steps, you should be able to get more interactive and unique abilities for your warframe concept. 

Hope this helps a bit with your concept. If you need any more help afterwards with naming and etc. just ask.

5 hours ago, gkuoni said:

Pull and Shield are basically bullet attractor from mag (the new one) as two seperate abilities. Stasis is basically a snowglobe with volt's shield properties

Thank for the advise but i for the most part already know those basics, however i don't think i explained miself that well, because the most similar abilitie to another warframe is pull (of course placeholder) but instead of being a cone that is instantly cast it's an AoE that requires channeling

So heres is what i'm thingking, i'll completly remove the 3 and maybe the 2, don't know yet, and i will make the following changes to the 4, instead of he placing a bubble, he will create one around him, probably move the cost up to 75 and changing the size to a 3 meters radius, the functionallity of the bubble is the same but maybe change the numbers a bit, still slowing enemies inside, and slowing projectiles but maybe only lowering the damage of hitscan weapons that are fired from the outside